what browser do you use?

adipabeta

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Ics browser. But it drain my battery fast.
I use opera mobile a lot, it's battery friendly. :)
Only open ics browser to do something that opera mobile can't do. :p

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
So Chrome runs like crap on the Nexus 10 as well? I've not been pleased with Chrome on my Transformer Prime, and now on my Transformer Infinity. It tends to lag and stutter more often then work smoothly. When I say lag and stutter, I mean you click the "X" on a tab to close it and Chrome takes 5 seconds to do it, etc. I thought it was an Asus related problem with the Transformer series. Guess not?

Chrome runs very smooth on my Galaxy Nexus.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ics browser. But it drain my battery fast.
I use opera mobile a lot, it's battery friendly. :)
Only open ics browser to do something that opera mobile can't do. :p

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

How would you get the ICS browser on the Nexus 10? Seriously, just out of curiosity, is it possible to get the ICS browser on any 4.2 device (Nexus 4,7,10, etc.)?

Chadwick17

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that many of us use Chrome's desktop version. I don't think Firefox can sync with Chrome.

That's exactly right - I use Chrome on my desktop/laptop as well. So this kind of dictates my mobile browser choice BUT I still find Chrome to be quite satisfactory on my mobile devices anyway. Chrome has been rather pleasant on my Nexus 10 so far (and works great on my Razr Maxx HD).

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So Chrome runs like crap on the Nexus 10 as well? I've not been pleased with Chrome on my Transformer Prime, and now on my Transformer Infinity. It tends to lag and stutter more often then work smoothly. When I say lag and stutter, I mean you click the "X" on a tab to close it and Chrome takes 5 seconds to do it, etc. I thought it was an Asus related problem with the Transformer series. Guess not?

I experience this on my Galaxy Tab with stock browser, very annoying. It is also very "laggy" when scrolling, and force closes a lot. I have Chrome on my phone and it works perfect and is very fast. I think I will try that on the tab. So by the looks of it, more than likely it is "Android" related.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
depends. thunderbolt still doesnt have android 4.0+ but i am rooted. so if im running an ICS rom, i use chrome. if im running gingerbread then i usually use teh browser that comes with it, though i did just put firefox on. i have also used opera and that is pretty good.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I will still primarily use Firefox, but today just as soon as the tablet was updated to 4.2.1, an update for Chrome popped up saying "This version update includes a number of stability fixes and performance improvements".

about:version 18.0.1025469

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly right - I use Chrome on my desktop/laptop as well. So this kind of dictates my mobile browser choice BUT I still find Chrome to be quite satisfactory on my mobile devices anyway. Chrome has been rather pleasant on my Nexus 10 so far (and works great on my Razr Maxx HD).

+1
I don't have any of the issues I'm hearing about in this thread on either of my devices. I also don't run custom roms or a ton of apps (and only 1 calendar widget). I like to run very slim, so there's not much else running on my device when I use Chrome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084