what browser do you use?

ibikeiruniswim

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I gave Chrome another shot after the recent updates and it still crashes like crazy. Has anyone given Opera a try? I really like Opera but when I installed it on my N10 it seems to think it's on a phone because the toolbars and settings menu's are extremely small. Anyone else have that problem or have a solution? My problem with browsers like Firefox is that bookmarks are not organized into folders.

gQCW3.png

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been using boat. I can't seem to get flash to work on anything else. I'm sure if I put a little more effort...but oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been using boat. I can't seem to get flash to work on anything else. I'm sure if I put a little more effort...but oh well.

peaches1998

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've tried Ocean, Dolphin HD Jetpack, Opera and Chrome. And then I found Boat.

I love how intuitive and quick it is. Loading picture intensive sites like The Verge, Boat loaded faster than all of the other browsers.

The Speed Dial page is not limited to just 10 bookmarks like Dolphin, and Flash is always supported.

I have both Home (the Speed Dial page) and Bookmarks (all) icons set in the Utility bar at the bottom, and all the utilitarian add ons (including Full Screen) in the Add On tab by swiping left.

I had never heard of Boat until joining Nexus 10 forums but so happy I found it.

Shelly

Boat uploaded new version last night and now crashes within a minute of use. Rediscovered Firefox Beta and now using it as my default and it runs Flash like Boat did.

Last edited:

adipabeta

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
How would you get the ICS browser on the Nexus 10? Seriously, just out of curiosity, is it possible to get the ICS browser on any 4.2 device (Nexus 4,7,10, etc.)?

Oh.. My bad.... Miss the forum subsection.... :D
Still waiting for official jelly bean from samsung.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying Boat today and noticed that it made my tablet noticeably hot on the side where the power and volume buttons are. After going back to firefox the temperature went back down. I rather liked Boat up until that point. I was on tumblr, which uses a lot of javascript.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've tried Ocean, Dolphin HD Jetpack, Opera and Chrome. And then I found Boat.

I love how intuitive and quick it is. Loading picture intensive sites like The Verge, Boat loaded faster than all of the other browsers.

The Speed Dial page is not limited to just 10 bookmarks like Dolphin, and Flash is always supported.

I have both Home (the Speed Dial page) and Bookmarks (all) icons set in the Utility bar at the bottom, and all the utilitarian add ons (including Full Screen) in the Add On tab by swiping left.

I had never heard of Boat until joining Nexus 10 forums but so happy I found it.

Shelly

Boat uploaded new version last night and now crashes within a minute of use. Rediscovered Firefox Beta and now using it as my default and it runs Flash like Boat did.

I usually use Boat on my Phone, I wonder how it looks and feels on a tablet. I just received my N10 today, I will have to try it.

cpc464freak

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I tried Ocean Browser and so far I am impressed, its fast and not resource heavy. You can easily edit the bookmarks, unlike Firefox, were you cant move them around in folders, which is kind of a bonkers omission IMHO.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been Chrome/ Dolphin user on my Galaxy Tab, but now that I can't use Flash on Dolphin, I don't see a reason for it. I am going to try out Boat and Ocean. See which 1 I like.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Firefox left a bad taste in my mouth when it was first released.

Oh, when it was first released, it was a mess. Unstable and slow. That changed quickly with updates. If you have not tried it recently (like in the last month or two), you should, it is a totally different experience- fast, easy to use, nice.

anonuk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh, when it was first released, it was a mess. Unstable and slow. That changed quickly with updates. If you have not tried it recently (like in the last month or two), you should, it is a totally different experience- fast, easy to use, nice.

Firefox was an unstable mess on every PC I tried it on, even works, till about 4 years ago. Now I just won't touch it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress