full reboot howto

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is well known or documented anywhere but I accidentally discovered this.

My HTC android phone has a setting where I can change how it boots; full reboot or quick reboot. The full reboot is quite slow so I have it on quick boot. I haven't seen any such setting on the tablet and it boots quickly so I suspect it's always doing a quick reboot. Sometimes I like to do a full reboot to clear out the cobwebs in memory so to speak.

Press and hold the power button to do a shut down. When you get the box where you can power down or switch to airplane mode, instead of tapping the power down press and hold it. It will bring up a box asking if you want to boot into safe mode. Do that and then power down and boot back up normally. I'm assuming that booting into safe mode clears memory and whatnot since it's supposed to be "safe." The downside to doing this is you lose your livescreen or whatever background you may have set, and the lockscreen widget, which are easy enough to put back, but it's probably not something you'll want to do frequently.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007