Nexus 10 Gets Android 4.2.1 and fixes December bug

Lee Griffiths

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got the 4.2.1 update, I really hope this fixes the random reboots, the N10 is my 1st nexus device, must say I'm loving stock android, (though its taking a little getting used to not being able to rearrange the apps in your apps tray or put them into folders).

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Kinda of funny... my N10 hasn't gotten it yet but I just bought a N7. It had 4.1.1 out of the box, immediately went to 4.1.2. Shortly after that, 4.2 downloaded and immediately upon rebooting the 1.1MB 4.2.1 update was advertised. I wonder if Google give priority to newly activated devices, not that all of our N10's are that old, but it makes me curious.

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, well I just got the notification, it appeared to installed, did the updataing apps thing, but About Tablet still shows build JOP40C, Android Version 4.2. Are others seeinh 4.1.2 in About Tablet (build JOP40D I think) after the update?

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I've had the update since this morning(11:00 am est) and I just had a stupid random re boot!!!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 4 updated early yesterday but not the Nexus 10. I'll try clearing Google services framework. The Nexus 4 appears to run even smoother after this update.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Jugador

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I got good news. For me at least, the 4.2.1 update has stopped the random reboot issue. I haven't gotten it once since the update. And for me it only happened while in idle. My nexus 10 has never frozen out crashed before just random reboots. So now finally I can use it on a regular basis without worrying about the reboots literally killing the battery. Yay

vishaljanani

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the Android world and it may be a silly question but how do you clear Google framework, stop Google service and what impact will it have on the tablet?

Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
Vishal
mine just updated after clearing google framework and im now showing 4.2.1

vishaljanani

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the Android world and it may seem like a silly question but can you tell me how to clear google framework and what impact will it have on the tablet?

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got the 4.2.1 update, I really hope this fixes the random reboots, the N10 is my 1st nexus device, must say I'm loving stock android, (though its taking a little getting used to not being able to rearrange the apps in your apps tray or put them into folders).

I am able to rearrange my apps in the apps tray and replace them with what I want there.