Note taking/stylus?

ibikeiruniswim

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The N10 is a beautiful device but I wonder if I should have gotten a galaxy tab 10.1 because I intend to use my tablet for not taking at work meetings. Does anyone plan to us their N10 for note taking possibly with a stylus?

Sent from my VZW G3

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I plan on using it for note taking as well. I ordered the bamboo stylus from amazon, but I haven't gotten it yet. I will let you know what I think when I test it out.

Edit: I got the Bamboo in the mail today. It seems to work well, but like others have mentioned, the apps are whats really lacking. The stylus feels nice int he hand, but all apps I've tried have had a noticeable lag in all of them.

Last edited:

Chadwick17

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I plan on using it for note taking as well. I ordered the bamboo stylus from amazon, but I haven't gotten it yet. I will let you know what I think when I test it out.

I use the Bamboo stylus for note taking for work meetings. It works ok. It obviously isn't as nice as the S-Pen on the Note but I'll take what I can get. The problem that I have with note taking are the apps. The apps need to have 'palm detection' or taking notes, regardless of the stylus, is going to be a little awkward because you won't be able to rest your palm on the screen like you would while writing on paper.

That being said, the Bamboo seems to be the best stylus I've found so far as it has the smallest tip which helps with accuracy I think.

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
The N10 is a beautiful device but I wonder if I should have gotten a galaxy tab 10.1 because I intend to use my tablet for not taking at work meetings. Does anyone plan to us their N10 for note taking possibly with a stylus?

Sent from my VZW G3

This is why I bought both the note 10.1 and the nexus 10. When it comes down to production the note 10.1 is unmatched.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I use the Bamboo stylus for note taking for work meetings. It works ok. It obviously isn't as nice as the S-Pen on the Note but I'll take what I can get. The problem that I have with note taking are the apps. The apps need to have 'palm detection' or taking notes, regardless of the stylus, is going to be a little awkward because you won't be able to rest your palm on the screen like you would while writing on paper.

That being said, the Bamboo seems to be the best stylus I've found so far as it has the smallest tip which helps with accuracy I think.

The note 10.1 has palm detection. Only the s pen registers to the device and marks beautifully.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

rlgoodnite

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
What are some good note-taking apps for the Nexus 10?

Also, I'm looking at the following stylus: Amazon.com: iKross Galaxy Touch Screen Stylus Pen for Samsung Galaxy Smartphone & Tablet Series, include Samsung Galaxy Note & Note 2, S3, Galaxy Tab & Tab 2, Galaxy Note 10.1: Cell Phones & Accessories
I like it for the small tip. Although it specifies it's for the galaxy samsung note and I intend to use it with my Nexus 10, aren't they all really cross-compatible? Or am I totally wrong? Any other suggestions?

Chadwick17

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
What are some good note-taking apps for the Nexus 10?

Also, I'm looking at the following stylus: Amazon.com: iKross Galaxy Touch Screen Stylus Pen for Samsung Galaxy Smartphone & Tablet Series, include Samsung Galaxy Note & Note 2, S3, Galaxy Tab & Tab 2, Galaxy Note 10.1: Cell Phones & Accessories
I like it for the small tip. Although it specifies it's for the galaxy samsung note and I intend to use it with my Nexus 10, aren't they all really cross-compatible? Or am I totally wrong? Any other suggestions?

You could possibly wrong. The S-Pen for the note, for instance, will not work on other tablets because Samsung is using a different technology (borrowed from Wacom I believe) to communicate between pen and screen. I don't know for sure about that particular stylus.

As for apps - I really like Papyrus. It is simple and has the ability to send notes as PDF to email, Google Drive, etc. For full-on sketching/drawing I use Autodesk Sketchbook Pro and Photoshop Touch. Both of these programs have layers which is an absolute must when I get into more detailed drawings.

zero262

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That is mainly what I use my nexus 10 for. Use it at work all the time. Don't have a nice stylus - just one I picked up at Target. Then I use freenote to do my note taking then upload that to Google drive. Helps me keep organized at work.

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Without the ability to distinguish between the palm and the pen, note-taking with a stylus, especially a 10-inch tab, can be extremely difficult. Issues will range from the stylus not being recognized to accidentally pressing menu buttons and things. It can be a real pain, slowing the actual writing down to a crawl, apart from being extremely uncomfortable.

flickstar

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to revive an old thread - but was just interested in the Bamboo stylus model # as when I type it into Google there seem to be so many! Is there a specific Android one or will one of the iPad ones work?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800