Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up Re: Nexus 10 no HDMI output to tv

Just read your reply to my question...I only tried with it unplugged...will try tomorrow with the charger and see what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Just read your reply to my question...I only tried with it unplugged...will try tomorrow with the charger and see what happens.

Default Re: Nexus 10 no HDMI output to tv

I have this problem on both my Panasonic TVs. Using the nexus with a Sony TV is fine. As is my hannspree monitor. Using an iPad works with the Panasonic TV, as well as the pvr , Xbox and media PC that are attached. I found other threads saying the nexus 10 does not work with Panasonic TVs. I would guess it's an HDMI implementation issue, the nexus and/or the Panasonic are not properly supporting it. Can't find what version HDMI the nexus is...

Hi looking at all these connectivity probably on nexus 10 I would just like to add mine to the mix
    I can watch and hear YouTube videos and the ice age film that was included with the tab but if I try to watch netflix through the tab connected with same hdmi lead I get no sound. Anybody else have this problem and any ides to solve it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Senior View Post
    Hi looking at all these connectivity probably on nexus 10 I would just like to add mine to the mix
    I can watch and hear YouTube videos and the ice age film that was included with the tab but if I try to watch netflix through the tab connected with same hdmi lead I get no sound. Anybody else have this problem and any ides to solve it?
    Try changing the audio settings in netflix from 5.1 surround to stereo.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I believe that once HDMI is connected, the output device will display differently in TV-mode or PC Monitor-mode. In TV-mode on an actual TV, I can full-screen youtube videos with no problems. In TV-mode on my monitor, I can also do this. In PC-mode on my monitor, the full-screen option for youtube does not appear. Weird but true.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicX View Post
    Did you mention anything about the brand TV you are using?

I use my N10 connected to my 46' Samsung pretty much constantly. Everything works perfectly. I use it with a bluetooth keyboard and usb wifi mouse from my couch. I'm on version 4.2.1 using a motorola branded HDMI cable I had for my Xoom.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    We have a 46" Samsung. Bought in 2005. Please recommend a cable that you know works. Thanks!

Update: I just ordered a Mediabridge 15' Ultra series and also the Kinivo 501bn switch. Nexus 10 is also on the way. So, I'll know in a few days how things work. I'll post back then, too.

2nd Updage: Finally got my 15' hdmi cable w/adapter going. All works just fine and I'm using a Kinivo electronic switch.
    Last edited by olgeezer44; 03-23-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: update

I hooked up my Nexus10 to tv and get a great picture but no sound. Anyone know why?

Try tapping the power button to turn the screen off then on.

Quote Originally Posted by xxLiquidX View Post
    As stated I tried connecting my n10 to my TV and all I got was a black screen. Nothing changed on the n10 either if there was supposed to have something happen. I'm on 4.2 also that updated today for me.

So is there something that I need to do?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    Same here I have 32 vizio tv showing black screen I have everything plugs even changing my galaxy s4 I just think vizio don't support mhl work fine on my Samsung 60 in tv

The answer to everyone's question here on how to have sound/video on Google nexus 10 tab on their HD TV is very simple... hook ur HDMI micro to tab/TV for picture and go buy a 3.5 mm headphone jack cable with red/white audio plugs on other end hook it to tab headphone jack and the red/white to back of TV audio ports. BAM. The audio cord is like 6$
    Last edited by Pikey1626; 05-15-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Micro HDMI cable + 3.5mm headphone jack cable with the red/white audio plugs = nexus 10 working on any TV including Panasonic. You're welcome

New here

There are several ways to connect your Nexus 10 to a TV. In most cases, you'll be able to connect one of these three connectors directly to your TV: VGA, DVI or HDMI. Additionally, unless you're using an HDMI connector, you'll need a 3.5mm audio RCA cable with a mini-jack splitter or a mini-jack connector in order to transmit an audio signal. In most cases you'll need one of the following adapter/cable combinations.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12