1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nfc problem

I am having trouble sending a photo from my Nexus 10 to my wife's Nexus 7 via NFC. I put the tablets back to back but nothing happens. NFC is turned on on both devices.

Default Re: Nfc problem

know where the nfc chip is in both the devices and they have to contact back to back for this to work.

phones can be easily done since this is tablet it has to be specific.

yeah its at the top half of the device on the N7 Think the same for the N10 but towards the middle. I assume android beam is turned on in both devices as well.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

This is a great question, because I couldn't find an exact location on paper. But I found it works best to line up both "nexus" labels on both the N7 and N10.

Quote Originally Posted by jzcombo View Post
    This is a great question, because I couldn't find an exact location on paper. But I found it works best to line up both "nexus" labels on both the N7 and N10.
    Align with top half on N10 in landscape mode so that the N7 is about 2 inches above N10(DIRECTLY CENTERED or roughly centered) Worked perfectly for me and my girl. Same thing for any phone with NFC, the phone must be slightly higher then the N7or the N10

Not to thread jack but on the verges review they said NFC was on both front and back... I can only find NFC on back of device... Anyone else have this problem?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Mac58 View Post
    Align with top half on N10 in landscape mode so that the N7 is about 2 inches above N10(DIRECTLY CENTERED or roughly centered) Worked perfectly for me and my girl. Same thing for any phone with NFC, the phone must be slightly higher then the N7or the N10

Not to thread jack but on the verges review they said NFC was on both front and back... I can only find NFC on back of device... Anyone else have this problem?
    Front too? Oh my

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mac58 View Post
    Good to know. I will try it again.

I found the NFC chips by sliding an NFC tag slowly across the entire device.
    The front one is between the front camera and ambient sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen78 View Post
    Front too? Oh my

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Yep, on the front as well, it's up by the camera. very easy for transferring files from my phone to my tablet
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks for the help. I got it to work.