Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nfc problem

    I am having trouble sending a photo from my Nexus 10 to my wife's Nexus 7 via NFC. I put the tablets back to back but nothing happens. NFC is turned on on both devices.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Nfc problem

    know where the nfc chip is in both the devices and they have to contact back to back for this to work.

    phones can be easily done since this is tablet it has to be specific.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Nfc problem

    yeah its at the top half of the device on the N7 Think the same for the N10 but towards the middle. I assume android beam is turned on in both devices as well.
  4. #4  
    jzcombo's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nfc problem

    This is a great question, because I couldn't find an exact location on paper. But I found it works best to line up both "nexus" labels on both the N7 and N10.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Nfc problem

    Quote Originally Posted by jzcombo View Post
    This is a great question, because I couldn't find an exact location on paper. But I found it works best to line up both "nexus" labels on both the N7 and N10.
    Align with top half on N10 in landscape mode so that the N7 is about 2 inches above N10(DIRECTLY CENTERED or roughly centered) Worked perfectly for me and my girl. Same thing for any phone with NFC, the phone must be slightly higher then the N7or the N10

    Not to thread jack but on the verges review they said NFC was on both front and back... I can only find NFC on back of device... Anyone else have this problem?
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Nfc problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac58 View Post
    Align with top half on N10 in landscape mode so that the N7 is about 2 inches above N10(DIRECTLY CENTERED or roughly centered) Worked perfectly for me and my girl. Same thing for any phone with NFC, the phone must be slightly higher then the N7or the N10

    Not to thread jack but on the verges review they said NFC was on both front and back... I can only find NFC on back of device... Anyone else have this problem?
    Front too? Oh my

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  
    jzcombo's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nfc problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac58 View Post
    Align with top half on N10 in landscape mode so that the N7 is about 2 inches above N10(DIRECTLY CENTERED or roughly centered) Worked perfectly for me and my girl. Same thing for any phone with NFC, the phone must be slightly higher then the N7or the N10
    Good to know. I will try it again.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Nfc problem

    I found the NFC chips by sliding an NFC tag slowly across the entire device.
    The front one is between the front camera and ambient sensor.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Nfc problem

    Quote Originally Posted by gmen78 View Post
    Front too? Oh my

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Yep, on the front as well, it's up by the camera. very easy for transferring files from my phone to my tablet
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Nfc problem

    Thanks for the help. I got it to work.

Similar Threads

  1. problems with camera and battery
    By piper09 in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 10:02 AM
  2. NFC problems- tagstand.com
    By tony bag o donuts in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 08:27 PM
  3. Sprint Hero has text messaging problem!
    By maxfire05#AC in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 10:49 AM
  4. FreeRunner cupcake... teething problems
    By Thorney in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 12:41 AM
  5. problem with google sign in: password not valid
    By sonali in forum T-Mobile G1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 10:39 AM

Posting Permissions

B