MicroUSB to USB adapter cable - use USB memory stick on Nexus 10

StarFyre

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

We got the shipment notice for the Nexus 10. So, while we wait, wondering would a cable such as this work, to be able to use external USB memory to view files, etc on the nexus 10.

Amazon.com: Samsung Media/ peripheral Micro USB to USB Adapter for Galaxy S3, Note II smart phone and Note Tabs: Cell Phones & Accessories

it says that's for some specific models of phones, etc but I don't get; that if the ports are just generic micro usb, etc why any such cable wouldn't work.

Anyways, has anyone found a way to use an external USB stick with an adapter on the Nexus 10?

Regards,

Sanjay

jlukes

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I have it and it works. Ordered the exact one you linked above and have been using it flawlessly for the past two days

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
stop spreading wrong information. USB works with Nexus 10

It is not misinformation, if you read the thread. There is no USB flash drive support on the native Nexus 7/10 4.1/4.2 android device. *IF* you install a commercial, closed/proprietary app, then you can read-only certain files. If you buy and install a commercial, closed/proprietary, non-free app, then you read-only all files. In no way without rooting can you write files.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It is not misinformation, if you read the thread. There is no USB flash drive support on the native Nexus 7/10 4.1/4.2 android device. *IF* you install a commercial, closed/proprietary app, then you can read-only certain files. If you buy and install a commercial, closed/proprietary, non-free app, then you read-only all files. In no way without rooting can you write files.
no USB support is totally misleading. lets be clear here 99.9% of apps in playstore is closed/proprietary apps. so, you dont use any apps which is closed?

most would want to copy files from usb to internal storage or stream from it. copying from N10 to USB use case is low %.
It works the way google want it to work. there is a reason why google only allows only read only.

read OP's question again. all he need is to view files from USB on his nexus. which is totally possible without root. thus my point dont spread wrong information.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
no USB support is totally misleading.

But no less misleading than your saying "USB Works"

It partially works but only after purchasing and installing a proprietary app.

lets be clear here 99.9% of apps in playstore is closed/proprietary apps. so, you dont use any apps which is closed?

I never said I didn't use closed or non-free apps. But if that is what it takes to make something partially work, then that function is not something I would consider "supported".

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
But no less misleading than your saying "USB Works"

It partially works but only after purchasing and installing a proprietary app.

I never said I didn't use closed or non-free apps. But if that is what it takes to make something partially work, then that function is not something I would consider "supported".

Google never advertised this feature and it works the way google want it to work. and saying it dont even work is more misleading that saying it works but partially.
most feature works by installing apps. so and you are so hung up on installing proprietary app.