Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Amazon Prime instant video

Quote Originally Posted by dberthia View Post
    I used the method indicated and it works like a charm. Need to use the Dolphin browser, which I prefer anyhow.
    Ah yes, but I want to cast it to Chromecast. Don't really have any desire to watch on my tablet when I have a 53" TV in front of me.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

Amazon streams on most Blu-ray players.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bell View Post

We are talking about using Chromecast.....
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

Duh it doesn't work on chromecast properly. Still waiting for the app to be added to it. Jeez, some people.

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    Uh . . . no. Still uses Flash, still plays fine on my N10 using Firefox with Flash for Android loaded.
    I think it supports both - at least I remember getting the choice of either plugin on the last pc I used to try to access it for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bell View Post

all 3 of my flatscreen tvs have it as a native app as well - 2010 models, 2 Sonys and 1 Panasonic
    Rick Bell likes this.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Over a year now since this thread started and Amazon hasn't offered to provide an app for Android OS devices aside from the Kindle. I emailed them to address this and would encourage you to do the same. It doesn't take that long and they are not going to change their policy unless you make a little noise. I didn't bother to ask them to explain their police because I already know why they don't support Android. If you buy a Tablet, they want you to make sure its theirs and not someone else's. Anyway, here's their reply......

================================================
    Hello,

Thanks for writing to us with the feedback regarding Amazon Instant videos on Android supported devices. We would never want to disappoint a valued customer like you and we always endeavor to assist our customer with the best of our service so we can ensure that we fulfill all of their needs.

Although weve received feedbacks on this issue in the past, yours is one of the most elaborate and detailed feedback weve ever received. We would never discard a customer feedback as it helps us in improving the experience of our Amazon Instant video service and it lets us know our customers' preferences. I've forwarded your message to our Amazon Instant Video development team for consideration and they'll make sure that your comments reach the concerned department.

We are trying very hard to establish ourselves as a successful on-line digital store and can assure you of numerous changes in the near future which will enable us to achieve our goal. Thank you for your detailed feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
    XXXXXXXX

01/21/14 18:36:02
    Your Name: Rocco
    Other info:Instant Video Support for Android OS
    Comments:I understand Amazon does not support Android OS devices for Amazon Instant Video aside from Kindle Fire. This is disappointing for me and others in my position. I chose a standard Kindle over a Kindle Fire because its much easier to read outdoors and its much lighter. For a tablet and phone I chose the Android non-Kindle platform. I understand Mr. Bezos' attempt to force consumers toward the Kindle Fire by withholding Instant Video Support from devices that Amazon doesn't' directly profit from, however I purchased and annually renew my Prime membership. I like Android OS. I don't care for Apple. I would like to choose what platform best suits my needs and I would love it if Amazon would play a bit more nicely with Google Play and authorize an Instant Video App for Android Devices. While I fully expect this note will go into the Amazon executive trash bin, would you kindly relay my concerns to Jeff Bezos so that I dont feel completely worthless writing it?

Kind regards,

Rocco

================================================
    Thanked by:
    Devlyn16 likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12