Amazon Prime instant video

jrhodes973

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I want to watch Amazon Prime instant videos from my Nexus 10 via HDMI to my TV. I have sideloaded Adobe Flash. I tried using Firefox and Firefox Beta but both will work for 1 episode and then they lock up. I tried using boat Browser but the screen would blank after my preset. The preset was set at 30 minutes which is the highest available. (Is there a workaround to make the screen never blank?)

I suppose it's too much to wish for Amazon to not require Adobe Flash for their Amazon Prime videos.

Has anyone found a reliable way to watch Amazon Prime instant videos on the Nexus 10?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

jrhodes973

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I solved the problem. I use Boat browser and found a setting inside the browser to keep the screen on. Now I am watching Amazon prime instant video.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if there are any plans to bring the Amazon Instant Video app to more devices than Google TV? It kills me there is an app floating around the market, but we can't use it on our N10's. I'd like an easy way to watch Amazon Instant Video, not a Frankenstein solution of getting flash to work in a specific browser, and having to log in and try and watch it that way. Beggers can't be choosers, I understand, but I'm also not a begger. Amazon Instant Video would simply be an added convenience. Not gonna lose any sleep not being able to watch it on my N10.

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if there are any plans to bring the Amazon Instant Video app to more devices than Google TV? It kills me there is an app floating around the market, but we can't use it on our N10's. I'd like an easy way to watch Amazon Instant Video, not a Frankenstein solution of getting flash to work in a specific browser, and having to log in and try and watch it that way. Beggers can't be choosers, I understand, but I'm also not a begger. Amazon Instant Video would simply be an added convenience. Not gonna lose any sleep not being able to watch it on my N10.

I also would like to be able to watch Amazon Video on my N10. I sent them an email asking if they had any plans to enable us Android users to buy/rent/watch their videos. Here is their reply.

"At this time, app for Amazon Instant Videos is not available for Android devices. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused in this regard.

We're constantly adding new features to our Amazon Instant Videos, and features unavailable now may become available in the future.

I understand that having the Android app for Amazon instant Videos would be a great feature and would add to the convenience of many customers. Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve the experience of watching our digital videos.

Therefore, I've marked your comments as feedback and forwarded it to our Amazon Instant Video Development Team, so that they will work hard to implement the suggested feature as we plan our future improvements.

At Amazon, we are passionate about driving continuous innovation to serve our customers in the best way possible. We will make every effort to evaluate the information you have provided, and will work on improvements for unsupported devices and try our level best to lead it to program changes or enhancements.

Should you have any question or concern or require any assistance at all please do not hesitate to contact us, we would be happy to provide further assistance."

My suggestion would be to send them an email requesting access to their videos with an Android Tablet. The more emails they receive, the quicker they're going to realize lost income by not having an Android app. Money talks...

Ripdroid

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I just emailed Amazon with a request for the app. Others who read this and have access to Amazon Prime Instant Videos, please send an email to Amazon requesting an Android App. Thx

Last edited:

Ripdroid

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
On the Amazon main page, click HELP at the top of the page. Once the help page renders, you'll see a CONTACT US button on the right side midway down the page.

VBurkhol

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the Nexus 10 & for 3 months, Boat Browser did the trick but it stopped working recently. Not sure whether that's due to a Boat Browser update or due to a change on Amazon's side. I deleted Boat Browser and found some previous Boat Browser APKs to try - but none of them worked either. I downloaded several other browsers and tested each of them, and found that Puffin Web Browser Free works and I was able to pull up Prime Instant Video's on Amazon. I don't know whether or not it matters, but I also have Flash 11.1 side loaded, but you may not need to. Try Puffin Browser first, and if that doesn't work by itself, download and install the Flash 11.1 APK,
Best luck!
Valerie

jackbenimble333

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this post. It was helpful.

I've talked, chatted, and emailed to Amazon Customer Service and apparently their latest update on 4/17/13 is incompatible with the outdated versions of Flash (even the latest one in the Adobe archives) for Android. Basically it is no longer supported.

Puffin worked for me. It streams Flash content from the cloud so there is no need to have Flash on the Android. Unfortunately, the extra step from Amazon to the cloud and then to the Android causes it to be jerky. It works fine for a while and then it has fits of freezing, jerking and the audio going out of sync with the video. Or that is what it is doing for me. Full screen does not work correctly on either of my androids.

But it is better than nothing.

Please contact Amazon Technical Support and ask them to support Androids with a proper App or at least stream HTML 5.

Boomer52

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I emailed Amazon CS to find out if and when they were going to port Prime over to android. They said they
could not say if or when it will happen. I told them I would not be renewing my prime membership that is expiring
this week, All they said was "we are sorry to hear that".

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
FYI, I also contacted Amazon after seeing this thread. I sent them an email this morning, and within a couple hours, got this response:

Hello,

At this time, Amazon Instant Videos cannot be streamed or downloaded to Android devices.

You can visit the link below to see a list of our currently supported devices for Amazon Instant Video:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2728396

When the device is made available, it will be added to the list on the above page.

Please be informed that we are continuously adding more devices to our list of supported devices for Amazon Instant Video. Devices that are incompatible now may be compatible in the future.

You may have noticed some major wins for our customers, as recently iOS devices as well as Wii and Wii U devices became compatible based on customers feedback. With that kind of proliferation there's a significant increase in pressure to get this accessibility added.

I have forwarded your feedback to the Amazon Instant Video development team.

Thanks for letting us know what you want from our digital video service. We will work on incorporating your feedback in our future improvements or updates.

Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to enhance the services we provide.

Thanks for your interest in Amazon Instant Video on Android ! We look forward to your continued support.

Seems like a mostly boilerplate response, but that's impressive turnaround time. Hopefully the recent influx of feedback will give them reason to bump up their timeline for an Android app.

anotherbox

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
As of April 2013, Amazon vids discarded the flash platform in favor of Silverlight. Silverlight is not supported by any Android but the amazon proprietary droid. Probably part of the plan to make Droidians get an amazon Fire.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
As of April 2013, Amazon vids discarded the flash platform in favor of Silverlight. Silverlight is not supported by any Android but the amazon proprietary droid. Probably part of the plan to make Droidians get an amazon Fire.

Uh . . . no. Still uses Flash, still plays fine on my N10 using Firefox with Flash for Android loaded.

Jerryp7

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't get it to work with FF but but it works just fine with Floating Browser Pro (volume seems a little low but no big deal). N10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown