Is it possible to watch purchased Amazon movies on the Nexus 10?

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Google play is offering a couple movies I want to see for rent, but not for purchase. Amazon has the same movies for purchase for $1-$2 more.
Is it possible to view Amazon movies on the Nexus 10?
I've searched for an answer, but the only thing I can find is numerous links to "video converter software" for sale. I don't really want to jump through a bunch
of hoops just to watch a couple movies.

TIA

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
As of right now, You cannot without side loading flash and doing it from the browser. Amazon is suppose to release their amazon video app at some point. I'm huge with amazon myself, So hopefully this happens soon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can download videos to your computer then transfer to Nexus.

Sent from another Galaxy... Tab 2 10.1

Sorry for such a noob question, but how would I go about doing that?
Would I need to convert the movie after d/ling (not sure what format Amazon uses)?
Not quite clear on how to transfer to tablet or where I would put the file.

Thanks

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site
This link is blocked at my work but from google it mentions that the file formats are mp4 and something else which I can't read cause I can't open the link. If they're in mp4 it would be as easy as downloading the file on your computer then plugging in your N10 as a USB device and dropping the movie in your movie folder. I've done this with other mp4's that I have.

Amazon.com Help

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for such a noob question, but how would I go about doing that?
Would I need to convert the movie after d/ling (not sure what format Amazon uses)?
Not quite clear on how to transfer to tablet or where I would put the file.
Thanks

How to Convert Downloaded Amazon Video to ASUS Transformer Prime --- instructions on how to download a movie from Amazon to your pc and then convert it to a format that can be played on Android tablets (the conversion program is free.)

Transferring from your computer to tablet is fairly easy and can be done two ways:
1. via wifi if they are both on the same network (may take some time to set that up)
or, easier:
2. connect your tablet to your computer via the cable. this will let your computer "use" the tablet like an external memory stick. drag and drop converted movie from computer to tablet.

As to where to put the file -- make a folder in your tablet (maybe call it 'Movies' or something :p)... then (using the explorer on your computer), drag the converted movie from computer to the new folder you created.

I use MX Player (free in Play Store) to watch movies, videos, etc -- once you open the app, set it to retrieve 'Movie's folder... if you always drop your stuff to this folder, MX Player will always find them.

If you have DVDs you want to convert -- I wholeheartedly recommend look at a program for your computer called DVD_Catalyst... it's about $10... it's fast, robust, and converts movie to about a bazillion different formats if needed.

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
What is side-loading flash?

Side loading is when you install an app by downloading it outside of the Play Store. You have to enable installation of unknown sources(your device will prompt you to do so when attempting to install a downloaded APK)

Sent from my Nexus 4

Mas21

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe it is possible to do with Boat Browser (in Google play store). Flash works well in Boat browser mini. It is an overall good browser but I only use the browser when I run in to Flash content on Chrome.

Update: I was able to watch videos on Amazon using Boat Browser mini but not Boat Browser.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon