Goodbye IPad, Hello Nexus 10..

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
So, I have a interesting little story about my life with tablets. Ive owned around 10 different android tablets and all 3 IPad plus I Am have a mini now. I've always been a android guy and I will always be that way, But for some reason I have always enjoyed the IPad over android tablets. The biggest reasons were the apps on IPads were far better and build quality was great. I also loved all the accessories that was available for it as well.

The problem is, I absolutely HATE Apple and it kills me to own a IPad. I really think Google has finally got this one right. My biggest concern is if the apps I do use will look right on the nexus 10 and what browser works well. I'm hearing that Chrome is a mess on it right now. Then lastly is accessories and what cases are available. I heard that the Belkin trip fold case for the galaxy tab 2 10" fits, But what is the news on the official cases?

Either way, Im excited and hopefully this will be the one that allow me to forget the IPAD existed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had an original iPad, iPad 3, XOOM WiFi and Nexus 7 16 GB. You nailed the dirty feeling. I'm sorely tempted by the N10, especially since Apple dumped the native YouTube app and Google hasn't released one for specially for iPad. The browser is a poor substitute for me and I love watching YouTube stuff on a tablet. The N7 is great for it, but bigger would be better for me.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I think the n10 will be the gateway devs need for tablet apps.

I don't see why it would be anymore than the Xoom.

The first "MAJOR" 10" tablet was the Xoom. It was essentially the first real Android tablet which came out almost 2 years ago. And the USA WiFi Xoom is essentially a Nexus- the first Nexus tablet, the first Honeycomb device, almost the first ICS device, the first non-phone updated directly by Google, the first non-phone Android device designed to Google's specs, and the only tablet to have been officially updated from the first Honeycomb version all the way to Jellybean.

Developers have had more than enough time; but it does take time for the market to soak in and for developers to get serious. Tablets are hot, and Android is hot. Reflect on what happened with Android smart phones... Android now powers more than 75% of all smart phones in the world. Some sources predict that the Android tablet market will be larger than the ipad market by mid next year. Google Play now hosts more apps than Apple does, at over 700,000. Things are looking bright.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The big differences between Xoom and Nexus 10 is popularity and platform. The Xoom was never as "cool" and desired as the Nexus 10. From the moment it was released there was problems that drove people away. Plus everyone was waiting on something better.
The platform on the Xoom, Honeycomb, never caught on with anyone. It was a stepping stone to ICS . With ICS and Jellybean, Android tablets are worth while. This has been proven with the Nexus 7.

Sent from another Galaxy... Tab 2 10.1

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
The big differences between Xoom and Nexus 10 is popularity and platform. The Xoom was never as "cool" and desired as the Nexus 10. From the moment it was released there was problems that drove people away. Plus everyone was waiting on something better.
The platform on the Xoom, Honeycomb, never caught on with anyone. It was a stepping stone to ICS . With ICS and Jellybean, Android tablets are worth while. This has been proven with the Nexus 7.

It was the first Android tablet, and without it there would have been no Nexus 7 or Nexus 10. The Xoom was and is a fine tablet, even under Honeycomb. I know, I have had one since day one.... just like I have had the Nexus 10 from day one.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It was the first Android tablet, and without it there would have been no Nexus 7 or Nexus 10. The Xoom was and is a fine tablet, even under Honeycomb. I know, I have had one since day one.... just like I have had the Nexus 10 from day one.

I never said it didn't have it's place. I was just stating why the Nexus 10 will bring in more developers to the 10" platform than the Xoom did. I almost bought the Xoom, but when they the issue sending the tablet back for an upgrade, I waited. Then I kept waiting for something big. I was going to get the Transformer Prime Infinity, but my wife got me the Tab 2 10.1 for Father's Day. I would wait again, but after the Nexus 7 did so well, I can't skip on Nexus 10.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why it would be anymore than the Xoom.

The first "MAJOR" 10" tablet was the Xoom. It was essentially the first real Android tablet which came out almost 2 years ago. And the USA WiFi Xoom is essentially a Nexus- the first Nexus tablet, the first Honeycomb device, almost the first ICS device, the first non-phone updated directly by Google, the first non-phone Android device designed to Google's specs, and the only tablet to have been officially updated from the first Honeycomb version all the way to Jellybean.

Developers have had more than enough time; but it does take time for the market to soak in and for developers to get serious. Tablets are hot, and Android is hot. Reflect on what happened with Android smart phones... Android now powers more than 75% of all smart phones in the world. Some sources predict that the Android tablet market will be larger than the ipad market by mid next year. Google Play now hosts more apps than Apple does, at over 700,000. Things are looking bright.

Although the XOOM was kind of the developer tablet it still wasnt branded a nexus, and maybe this is why there wasnt that much developed, 10'' wise. hoping the N10 changes that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463