Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contacts imported from icloud - How to view thru Goolge on my Desktop?

So I was able to import my contacts from icloud to my Nexus 10 by converting to .vcf file and using an OTG cable to get them on board. Actually went much easier than I though it would. The problem is that I don't have a gmail account - I use a yahoo account. Google says that if I open a gmail account, I lose my current google login which is my yahoo email and matching screen name, and I lose my YouTube account and screen name because they cannot merge the accounts.

Does anyone know if I can view and edit my contacts, which are now on my Nexus, on my desktop computer. I can't figure out how to view contacts on the desktop without first signing in to gmail. Is there another way?

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Default Re: Contacts imported from icloud - How to view thru Goolge on my Desktop?

Can you just create a new Gmail account that has nothing to do with the old account?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Contacts imported from icloud - How to view thru Goolge on my Desktop?

My sign in on the Nexus is my yahoo email. If I created a separate gmail account and did not merge it with my yahoo google sign in (which I don't want to do as I tried to explain in the OP), would I then have to have a second user account on the Nexus linked to this new gmail account to then sync the contact list to?

As far as I know (and I'm no expert) you need to use gmail to fiddle with your contacts.

I think you're making things more difficult by not having a gmail account. I'd bite the bullet and set up a gmail account (resistance is futile). There's an email app on the tablet that's not gmail that you can use for your yahoo email.