Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Patrick Schroedl
  • 1 Post By lumpynose
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Work Tablet?

    Im in the market for a tablet. Really like the N10, would primarily be using it for work, email, videos, etc (not much of a gamer). Read somewhere it came with Quick Office Pro??? If so that sounds great. Does anyone have any reviews of Office Pro on the 10? and has anyone used photoshop, illustrator, indesign programs (are they even available)?

    Thanks in advance
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Work Tablet?

    Office Pro HD works great except that right now it won't hook into Google Drive. I'm guessing because it hasn't been optimized for 4.2 yet. Otherwise works slick as butter. Haven't tried the others yet. Sorry.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Work Tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by notateki View Post
    Im in the market for a tablet. Really like the N10, would primarily be using it for work, email, videos, etc (not much of a gamer). Read somewhere it came with Quick Office Pro??? If so that sounds great. Does anyone have any reviews of Office Pro on the 10? and has anyone used photoshop, illustrator, indesign programs (are they even available)?

    Thanks in advance
    yes, it comes with Quick office pro HD. i havent seen a review yet but google already has a product which is really good and has got better over time so it will only get better.
    I know photoshop is there in android but not sure about other
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Work Tablet?

    My honest opinion is that for the time being Windows 8 tablet devices allow for greater productivity (and even more so in a corporate work environment) than do Android tablets. Check out this post of mine for my more 'extended' thoughts on it. I've established this opinion based on Windows 8 tablet use for the past eight months.

    I've used Adobe's tablet offerings in the past, and though they were usable after a learning curve, they didn't do much for me. I do believe they have been updated recently, and I can't reflect those updates in my opinions.

    You can certainly be productive on a Nexus 10, and I am going to be getting one for personal use (as opposed to development use as is my current one) soon. If Android is your ecosystem of choice, go with the N10 and you won't be disappointed.
    Mark Brough likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Work Tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by notateki View Post
    Read somewhere it came with Quick Office Pro?
    No; I think that what the n10 comes with might more correctly be dubbed Quick Office Lite. You can't use it to create, for example, a spread sheet or a Word file. On the other hand, if someone emails you a spread sheet as an attachment, when you open the attachment it uses the bundled Quick Office. There is no icon for Quick Office in the apps screen that you can tap on it to start the app. So it's more of a helper or viewer. (On the other hand, I haven't tried emailing myself a spread sheet and then seeing if I could modify it and send the modified one back.)
    Mark Brough likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Work Tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
    No; I think that what the n10 comes with might more correctly be dubbed Quick Office Lite. You can't use it to create, for example, a spread sheet or a Word file. On the other hand, if someone emails you a spread sheet as an attachment, when you open the attachment it uses the bundled Quick Office. There is no icon for Quick Office in the apps screen that you can tap on it to start the app. So it's more of a helper or viewer. (On the other hand, I haven't tried emailing myself a spread sheet and then seeing if I could modify it and send the modified one back.)
    Hi, just joined. Got my Nexus 10 last Friday.

    You are correct. The Office Pro is embedded or what ever. There is no icon in the app listing for it. I emailed my self a Word document and an Xcell spreadsheet. When I opened them, I was given the option of using Office Pro HD or another app I had installed. Using the Office Pro only allowed me to view. I could not make any edits or see any save options in the headers.
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Work Tablet?

    I looked at a lot of offices and settled on OfficeSuite Pro. All the others had problems, file support, screen view, etc. OfficeSuite Pro handles .rtf, screen view is easy to re-size and supports the ms formats.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Work Tablet?

    Quick Office Pro just lets you open the documents not create or edit them. For that you need Quick Office HD or something similar. PS Touch is amazing, especially since it's on Android but if you need a drawing app I recommend SketchBook Pro For Tablets as the pencil/ pen tool in PS is not that advanced, at least for me.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Work Tablet?

    What exactly are you doing with the tablet at work?

    I find PDF viewing difficult on a 16:9/10 screen because I look at very detailed wiring schematics. Its possible but not easy...actually barely possible because with zooming its easy to lose track of wires. For basic reading its great, and for email.

    I use an iPad at work because of this but the way iOS handles PDF files makes its an unpleasant experience.

    I have no experience with windows yet but that's my next stop...

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Work Tablet?

    Windows would likely have the same screen ratio issues.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Work Tablet?

    Would you say this is most like Microsoft Office? I am trying to find the best Office Suite that supports DOC, DOCX, PPT, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetPluto7 View Post
    I looked at a lot of offices and settled on OfficeSuite Pro. All the others had problems, file support, screen view, etc. OfficeSuite Pro handles .rtf, screen view is easy to re-size and supports the ms formats.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Work Tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by hockey9592 View Post
    Would you say this is most like Microsoft Office? I am trying to find the best Office Suite that supports DOC, DOCX, PPT, etc.
    officesuite pro is one of the best office suite in Android. you wont find better than this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Work Tablet?

    I tried all the likely. Office Suite Pro is it.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Similar Threads

  1. Xoom wifi problem at office, phone works tablet doesnt.
    By hoots711 in forum Motorola Xoom
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 01:43 PM
  2. Flash Player 10 on Android 2.1 (Tablet ZT180) not working?
    By baroim in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 07:40 PM
  3. Need Tablet that will get on work website!
    By CSI Guy in forum Android 3.0 Honeycomb
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 10:22 PM
  4. recommendation on tablet for work. pls.
    By rflores2323 in forum Misc. Tablet Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 10:07 AM
  5. wifi on pc tablet android 1.6 will not work using my verizon mifi
    By kentuckydog in forum Misc. Tablet Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 07:07 PM

Posting Permissions

B