Windows 7 Explorer crashing when copying files

Castor1Troy1

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to copy some movies over to my Nexus 10. I've tried USB debugging, MTP and PTP, but am not having any luck at all. I've tried a couple different file formats (mkv, avi), but no luck.

Is there some special trick I need?

PurgatoryZ

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You aren't alone. Just bought a n10 and I can't seem to transfer any files to it via Explorer or WMP.

With no SD slot, and no ability to transfer movies...my nexus 10 is a big fat paperweight until this gets fixed.

eddy42

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I know this is a relatively old post but I'm experiencing the same issue with Windows 8 trasnsferring files to my Samsung Note 2. I can confirm that zipping the files works, but that got me thinking. I changed the file extension from .mp4 to .abc and transferred that and it works. I think the problem is with windows trying to convert the media file for the device (why don't Microsoft just leave things alone). Once on the Note 2 I used ES File Explorer to change the file extension back to .mp4 and hey presto. Zipping the file works simply because it changes the file extension to a non-media file. Hope this helps.,

Nextcut

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
All of you.
Go see whether you all have installed Divx Player or codecs. Uninstall them the problem's solved.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!