is this normal for battery

newdroidexp

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I find the batteries to be draining very quick. I have extensively reduce everything possible to stop as much watt power drain from device is: NFC off, airplane mode off, no live wallpaper, Bluetooth off, backgroung application running the bare minimum, oh and hardly any widget. To be exact only 4. The clock, calendar YouTube and gmail. And most of all my backlight reduced to minimum (not auto).

Anyways I used the device with a full charge for about 1h30 mins so far and its already at 82%. I think its a bit much. My question is this a bad battery or is anyone experiencing the same effect of this battery.

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
100/18 = 5.5
5.5*90 = 500 min
500/60 =8.3 or 8 hours and 20 min

I don't think that is to bad. It really depends on what you are doing. I have had my nexus 10 last well over 1 full day.

It really depends on how much the display is on. If it is on allot it will go down much faster. Playing a video should really eat into the battery.

newdroidexp

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't use myN10 for video yet but I do use it for games some big games (arcane legends) I know drains the full batt in 5 hours and small games are a ease with my batt like candy crush and coin dozer.

Jugador

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I've found that the screen on time for me sometimes does not move. I didn't notice this at one point and thought the battery life I was getting was bad. But then I started to check the numbers constantly and noticed that it was stuck on a certain time. I don't know how this bug happens but it does. Sometimes it sporadically moves at times and just stops all at once sometimes. Dumb bug is dumb. Android 4.2 is so unstable. Wish I could go back to 4.1.2. The most stable build of Android I've been on in awhile.

newdroidexp

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah ,no mine seems to not be stuck ona number but it sure does go through lots of battt. I love this device however I wish there was a bigger batt built in

bigbossx

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My battery goes down about the same speed. 1 hour = about 10% and from what I've read that's about right. I read a review sort of thing that stated they ran video none stop from full charge and battery ran out after around 9 hours. So expect about 10 hours battery life. Another thing I've read is that lithium batteries need a few charges to reach there optimum battery life. So don't despair too much everything sounds pretty normal, just remember your nexus 10 has some pretty beastly hardware in it.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I did a comparison to my Xoom and the N10's battery life isn't very good, especially considering my Xoom is the LTE version which isn't very good compared to the WiFi version. Don't get me wrong the N10 gets me through but I was hoping for better....

Anyway here is what I found...

Using glbenchmark battery test I found out a couple things.

Using Egypt 2.5 HD @ 60 fps the Nexus 10 uses more battery and gets significantly warm. The Xoom is very laggy to the point its annoying to watch (unwatchable) but it stays cool. The N10 is using more battery but is doing a lot more so its a moot point.

Using Egypt 2.1 @ 30 fps both tablets keep up. The N10 still gets a little warm whereas the Xoom stays cool. The Xoom however has obvious artifacting especially with shadows. The Nexus STILL is using more battery at this point.

On the second test with Egypt 2.1 @ 30 fps I started both test at the same time (however the N10 loaded a lot faster) the N10 was at 71% battery and the Xoom was at 70%. By the end of the brief test I performed the N10 was at 64% while the Xoom was at 66% so the N10 passed the Xoom. However I'd like to point out this wasn't a very scientific test but it looks to be a power hungry device especially consider it has a larger battery....

All test where on the 100% brightness mode....

The Xoom is on ICS 4.0.4 and my N10 is on 4.2.1 if that matters....