HDMI adaptor

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You don't need an adaptor, the Nexus 10 has a standard micro HDMI port so you just need a micro HDMI to HDMI cable.

cpc464freak

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
OK thanks. I was kinda looking for an adaptor to stop me scrambling behind the TV to plug in a specific cable each time I plugged in the N10. Maybe an HDMI joiner and micro cable would be just as flexible I suppose.

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If you're using the same HDMI port on the TV for the Nexus 10 and something else, you could try a HDMI switch box. I don't have a personal recommendation, but I don't think the Nexus 10 should need anything special.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind that HDMI switches that are powered by the sending device don't tend to do well with longer cables

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
TBH I was kind of surprised that the Nexus 10 did not come with any HDMI adaptor.

As already mentioned, no adapter is needed, just a cable. But why would you think it would or should come with one? I will guess maybe less than 10% of people will EVER connect it to a TV/monitor. And probably less than 1% will do it more than once or twice while owning the device.

It also doesn't come with a case, a stylus, a screen protector, a car charger, a dock, screen cleaner, headphones, headset, keyboard, joystick, mouse, or an external battery :)

Which one is advisable to buy?

Doesn't matter terribly. How about this one I bought for only $5! Amazon.com: PTC 10 ft Premium GOLD Series Micro HDMI to HDMI Cable for HTC EVO 4G, Motorola Droid X and other portable devices with: Electronics

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I use my Droid4 in the Motorola HD dock to watch movies on my 55" TV at least 3 times per week. The Moto HD dock came with a mini HDMI to HDMI cable. That cable works great with my N10 too. I agree with the other commenters, any brand cable should work fine.

cpc464freak

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I must be kinda lucky, and the last three android tablets I bought already had an hdmi adaptor in the box.

As to whether it's needed is probably down to personal usage, and myself I am quite into using it with a BT controller + TV as a really portable MAME emulator. As a media streamer its second to none of course as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze