Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HDMI adaptor

Hi,

TBH I was kind of surprised that the Nexus 10 did not come with any HDMI adaptor. Which one is advisable to buy?

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Default Re: HDMI adaptor

You don't need an adaptor, the Nexus 10 has a standard micro HDMI port so you just need a micro HDMI to HDMI cable.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

OK thanks. I was kinda looking for an adaptor to stop me scrambling behind the TV to plug in a specific cable each time I plugged in the N10. Maybe an HDMI joiner and micro cable would be just as flexible I suppose.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

If you're using the same HDMI port on the TV for the Nexus 10 and something else, you could try a HDMI switch box. I don't have a personal recommendation, but I don't think the Nexus 10 should need anything special.

Keep in mind that HDMI switches that are powered by the sending device don't tend to do well with longer cables
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,683 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpc464freak View Post
    TBH I was kind of surprised that the Nexus 10 did not come with any HDMI adaptor.
    As already mentioned, no adapter is needed, just a cable. But why would you think it would or should come with one? I will guess maybe less than 10% of people will EVER connect it to a TV/monitor. And probably less than 1% will do it more than once or twice while owning the device.

It also doesn't come with a case, a stylus, a screen protector, a car charger, a dock, screen cleaner, headphones, headset, keyboard, joystick, mouse, or an external battery

Which one is advisable to buy?
    Doesn't matter terribly. How about this one I bought for only $5! Amazon.com: PTC 10 ft Premium GOLD Series Micro HDMI to HDMI Cable for HTC EVO 4G, Motorola Droid X and other portable devices with: Electronics
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use my Droid4 in the Motorola HD dock to watch movies on my 55" TV at least 3 times per week. The Moto HD dock came with a mini HDMI to HDMI cable. That cable works great with my N10 too. I agree with the other commenters, any brand cable should work fine.
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I must be kinda lucky, and the last three android tablets I bought already had an hdmi adaptor in the box.

As to whether it's needed is probably down to personal usage, and myself I am quite into using it with a BT controller + TV as a really portable MAME emulator. As a media streamer its second to none of course as well.