Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: N10 light bleed

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
    Whoa... Easy... Calm Down.

As a current Android Owner (Galaxy Note) and former (Thank Gawd) Nexus-10 Owner I'm ALWAYS lurking around..:-)

My experience with the Nexus-10 was a NIGHTMARE I could not believe I almost locked myself into a $500.00 investment and actually tried to convince myself that this was a Finished, Polished Product.

It's not.

Seems like you are focusing on Post #19.. Read my Post #15..

You see, I am a Android Believer as well.. Or I would not own a Galaxy Note and the Droid Charge I had before it.. They work.. They may not be the fastest horses in the stable.. but they work. as advertised. And both are still performing their duties quite well..

This Android Tablet though is another story.. Burned out pixels, Creaky Backsides, Random Reboots, Electrical Humming,Washed Out Colors and Lightbleed

The most powerful CPU in the Android Universe coupled with 2gigs of Ram...

And it STILL studders & lags...

The Nexus-10 is NOT ready for PrimeTime.. And those are the facts. I was not trying to hi-jack this thread or take it "off-topic"..

Call it... Venting.. But yes, I do still have a Morbid intrest in how many people are putting up with this... excepting this.. fatal flaw.. This is not the only forum that I follow concerning this issue..

You see.. I think it's BIG issue.
    Thanks all good and fine but to go off-topic and onto apps in a thread about a hardware issue is just unnecessary. If you want to complain, create your own thread or go over to iMore where they'll be sure to agree with you.

BTW, your post #15 was what caused me to mention the iPad. I was simply saying that even "the other guy" can have its share of problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 which works great and as advertised... At a great price.

Whoa... Easy... Calm Down.

As a current Android Owner (Galaxy Note) and former (Thank Gawd) Nexus-10 Owner I'm ALWAYS lurking around..:-)

My experience with the Nexus-10 was a NIGHTMARE I could not believe I almost locked myself into a $500.00 investment and actually tried to convince myself that this was a Finished, Polished Product.

It's not.

Seems like you are focusing on Post #19.. Read my Post #15..

You see, I am a Android Believer as well.. Or I would not own a Galaxy Note and the Droid Charge I had before it.. They work.. They may not be the fastest horses in the stable.. but they work. as advertised. And both are still performing their duties quite well..

This Android Tablet though is another story.. Burned out pixels, Creaky Backsides, Random Reboots, Electrical Humming,Washed Out Colors and Lightbleed

The most powerful CPU in the Android Universe coupled with 2gigs of Ram...

And it STILL studders & lags...

The Nexus-10 is NOT ready for PrimeTime.. And those are the facts. I was not trying to hi-jack this thread or take it "off-topic"..

Call it... Venting.. But yes, I do still have a Morbid intrest in how many people are putting up with this... excepting this.. fatal flaw.. This is not the only forum that I follow concerning this issue..

You see.. I think it's BIG issue.
    The Nexus 10 is my first android device (own a Macbook Pro and iPhone 4). From looking at your post... you clearly got a defective product. Did you even TRY to get a replacement?

For me... there are NO burnt out pixels, NO creaky backsides, NO random reboots, NO electrical humming (my first time ever hearing about something like this), colors look fine to me.

When the brightness is maxed out there is a very small light bleed in the bottom right corner in landscape... but at the brightness that I ACTUALLY use... there is nothing.

If you don't want to gamble with light bleed, simply don't buy a product with this kind of screen technology. Simple as that.
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Just posting that I got replacement today. They sent it to me via next day air and its great. I'm not noticing any light bleed now. Seems they may have fixed the issue. Hope you guys get your issue resolved because it was worth it. Googles customer support is great

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshadow001 View Post
    Just posting that I got replacement today. They sent it to me via next day air and its great. I'm not noticing any light bleed now. Seems they may have fixed the issue. Hope you guys get your issue resolved because it was worth it. Googles customer support is great

That's great to hear! Enjoy your tablet!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Nice information and great to make use of it.....

So did you call google directly or samsung. Want to know whats the easiest and best way to handle an exchange for my unit that has light bleed. The tablet was also a gift and hoping thats not a problem. Any advice would be awesome.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by ehernandez View Post
    So did you call google directly or samsung. Want to know whats the easiest and best way to handle an exchange for my unit that has light bleed. The tablet was also a gift and hoping thats not a problem. Any advice would be awesome.
    Called Google directly. Mine was a gift as well so the account used to buy it will have to call for the return but they can ship it directly back to you. They were really nice as easy to work with when I called

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

N10 light bleed-img_20130124_232031.jpgSo what do you guys think?
    below is my new N10 with its light bleed. At first glance it looks pretty bad, but this is on full brightness in the dark....
    set it to auto brightness and you wouldnt notice unless you tried to see it...
    set it to full brightness in the day light and you dont see it either...

should I care? not sure what the odds are a replacement would be better or worse..

BTW, love the new tablet so far... running a screensaver battery test as I type...see how many hours it lasts today..

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

I have the same thing you have, but only on the bottom edge in the corner. I'd recommend keeping it. Compared to what everyone else has put on here, ours is nothing. And full brightness in the dark is painful to look at anyways. I say keep it. It's not worth the hassle of returning it.
    Thanked by:

I'm Really Surprised,
    At how many people have decided to keep their tablets and simply Ignore this MAJOR issue.. I too tried to pretend it was not there.. If I was watching netflix or had something dark around the edges I tried to convince myself "It's not that bad.." or "Just don't look down or at the edges.. Just try to focus on the center of the screen.."

Really? for a $500.00 investment ? I thought compromise was associated with buying one of the $150.00 Knockoff Tablets ??

Finally I came to my senses.. It was bad enough there are next to no Android Optimized Apps for Tablets anyway ( Zero with a Checkbox to run an app @ 2560*1600 ).. Not to mention the Studders & Lags with 4.2 Jellybean even with all this State of the Art Horsepower.. The lightbleed sealed the "Return for Refund" deal to Wal-Mart for me..
    Went with "The Other Guy"... 100% happy with my investment now. :-)

My OG Note was / is a sucess
    My Nex-10 was a fail.. Big Time.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    My friends iPad 4 has pretty bad light bleed...

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Believe me.. I understand how you feel..

But I am not saying this for the sake of starting an argument.. I am stating the TRUTH.. If your friend truly has issue with their purchase they really should just go to an Apple Store and they will gladly Replace the defective unit.. They will even get their Replacement Unit all setup for them if they like.. So they will walk out 100% SATISFIED..

That's Class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    In all fairness, Apple opened the first two Apple Stores on May 19, 2001. Aproximately 25 years after thier first piece of hardware. So I think we can give Google the same 25 years before we expect them to have a physical store front in which to offer support. Nexus 1: 2010... that means 2035 right ?
    I'm sorry..
    Your statement is somewhat confusing to me..

What does Apple's ability to remedy the gentleman's friend who has an iPad that oddly has lightbleed (Because iPad's don't lightbleed) if he/she took it into an Applestore, have to do with Google one day having a store front and that we should give them until the year 2035 to do so ??? What are you talking about?

I'm sorry..

What does Apple's ability to remedy the gentleman's friend who has an iPad that oddly has lightbleed (Because iPad's don't lightbleed) if he/she took it into an Applestore, have to do with Google one day having a store front and that we should give them until the year 2035 to do so ??? What are you talking about?
    I've reported you. Please don't bring up old arguments.

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by dcastillo View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130124_232031.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	486.0 KB 
ID:	57665So what do you guys think?
    below is my new N10 with its light bleed. At first glance it looks pretty bad, but this is on full brightness in the dark....

should I care? not sure what the odds are a replacement would be better or worse..

BTW, love the new tablet so far... running a screensaver battery test as I type...see how many hours it lasts today..
    Holy crap that some noticeable light bleed! My first one was that bad, but my second isn't nearly that bad. I have a rule when it comes to light bleed. Is the bleed is the size of your thumb extending into the screen then it has to be exchanged. But if its a pinkie width closer to the edge then its ok.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    Holy crap that some noticeable light bleed! My first one was that bad, but my second isn't nearly that bad. I have a rule when it comes to light bleed. Is the bleed is the size of your thumb extending into the screen then it has to be exchanged. But if its a pinkie width closer to the edge then its ok.
    (For easier purposes, I'm going to refer to dcastillo as a guy. I'm sorry if you're a girl :/)

If he doesn't notice it during regular use, then there's no need to freak him out about it. It's not really that bad. I have mine in the same corner on the bottom edge, and it's not noticeable during everyday use. So please don't freak him out.
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Cmorris8848 View Post
    I have the same thing you have, but only on the bottom edge in the corner. I'd recommend keeping it. Compared to what everyone else has put on here, ours is nothing. And full brightness in the dark is painful to look at anyways. I say keep it. It's not worth the hassle of returning it.
    Here is a picture of mine for reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N10 light bleed-uploadfromtaptalk1359173171106.jpg  

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

I'm sorry..

My iPad 2 had light bleed. All LCD panels can have the problem. The iPad has imperfections as much as android tabs do. Your argument is invalid.

Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

I was just stating that if its to noticeable, and the exchange window is still open then exchange rather then trying to convince yourself its alright. I had bad light bleed. I kept trying to tell myself I'd get use to it, everyday I found myself looking at it by mistake. It tortured me to the point that I started taking my Anxiety medicine from a year ago as i watched the return window get closer to closing. Finally took it in to staples to exchange it got home and updated my Nexus right away factory resetted then restored my account and all my previous apps started downloading automatically, signed into anything i needed to and customized it again (only took 30 minutes) cranked up the brightness to max on a black screen and now I only have one corner with little light bleed instead of 2 with major light bleed. Now I can watch my darker shows on Hulu. I'm Very happy I exchanged. Now I can go off those meds.
    RaiderWill likes this.

My iPad 2 had light bleed. All LCD panels can have the problem. The iPad has imperfections as much as android tabs do. Your argument is invalid.

Sorry you got stuck with a bad one... I hope the Applestore replaced it with a working unit.. The old 2 series were not the best.. But as a rule they don't have this issue like 95% of the N10's that's for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    Please don't bring up old arguments.

Tom

Any subject is the Forum is up for discussion... That's why it's a Forum.. If you can't find a reason to justify your somewhat confusing statement there is no need to get hostle about it... I just did not see what relevance your statement had in reference to the issue of being able to return an iPad to a storefront and have the warranty honored..:-)

just got off the phone with google support... they are sending me a new one
    normally I wouldnt care to much, but I plan on keeping this Tablet for at least 2 years....
    when I get the new one, Ill compare them and keep the better tablet...
    thanx for all the responses
    -Danny

Any subject is the Forum is up for discussion... That's why it's a Forum.. If you can't find a reason to justify your somewhat confusing statement there is no need to get hostle about it... I just did not see what relevance your statement had in reference to the issue of being able to return an iPad to a storefront and have the warranty honored..:-)
    Look, just because you can do something , doesn't mean you should. Yes, you can go back and quote old posts and make silly arguments but do you really need to? We get it: You prefer the iPad. You're not wrong but you're not right either. If I was given an iPad, I'd be over the moon. They are smooth, powerful, optimized and like you say, easy to get fixed/replaced. BUT, you don't need to come on these threads and make people who've just bought an N10 feel bad. Both are great tablets but some people prefer Android, the size and fell of the Nexus, the NFC, GPS, Speakers etc. These things also justify the Nexus 10 as a good choice.

You make some good points but it's the way you make them that's the problem ;-)

Tom :-)

Thanked by:
    Caleb Morris likes this.

This is so far off the beaten path.. You really need to put this one to bed..

I think his "Lashing Out At Me" proved my point..

Case Closed.

We're only off topic because you started going on about iPads and their apps and other benefits. And I don't really see when I was "lashing out".

Tom
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dcastillo View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130124_232031.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	486.0 KB 
ID:	57665So what do you guys think?

Ouch that's a lot....not guaranteed replacement will have issue fixed...I've just accepted the light bleed

It wasn't his post to justify, it was mine that you had quoted. http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ml#post2509973 [your post quoting mine no longer appears in this thread] I chose not to answer it for a couple of reasons. ONE of those reasons was because the post I quoted a portion of was edited AFTER I quoted it [well over 24 hours after the quoted post was originally made].

I hope this clears up for you who did not respons and why.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

Ok.. Let's keep it going...

Let's go over the facts shall we? I OWNED a Nexus 10 32gb $500.00 from Wal-Mart (Picture of receipt available upon request..) At first I liked it.. And said as much over on XDA.. Then under the right conditions, the Lightbleeding reared it's ugly head..as I stated here I felt $500.00 was WAY TO MUCH FOR ME to spend on a Tablet that had issues out of the box.. It's not my fault I did not build the Tablet..But I bought the Tablet..so I have every right to DISCUSS the Tablet's Sucesses as well as it's Failures.

And I believe I said: "I went with the *Other Guy* and I am now 100% satisfied" What's wrong with that? Are you the sworn protector of Android? This Tablet has problems.. Nothing on this Earth is perfect but for this to be the *The State of the Art* Android Tablet it does not run like it.. That's a fact. on XDA there are over 1,000 comments concerning this Major Lightbleed issue.. and over 100,000 views! it's an issue wether you want to accept it or not..

But back on point.. After I stated I switched to the other guy and was and still am 100% satisfied the next comment was from someone saying there friend had an iPad and it had lightbleed.. so I responded, " They should have taken it to an Applestore and it would have been replaced " becuase I iPads as a whole simply don't have this issue.. Then you jumped in trying to defend Google not having store fronts..???? YOU started it not me... I was trying to understand the relivence of your statement about Google needing till the year 2035 to have store fronts.. Sorry.. Made ZERO sense to me.. But you wanted to DEFEND Google and I guess that was your way of doing it.. or you were jealous of Apple's Quality Service being available to the Consumer I know not which...

There are responses to statements that were posted 6 months ago in the forums everyday.. to say your statement was 24 hrs old and "Old News" is quite frankly Out of Touch with the reality of these forums...

I am sorry if the word APPLE makes you shudder.. I am sorry if the iPad makes you shudder.. If those two words make you 2nd guess your purchase or 2nd guess Google I am sorry but that's not my issue... There is Nothing wrong with bringing up the the name Apple.. or the Tablet by which all others are judged. The iPad.. It's just discussion I do the same thing in the Apple forums when it come to the Word Android...

Competition is good.. it keeps BOTH companies on their respective toes to earn our dollars.. Right Now, It is MY opinion Apple has the better running product for my use.. I have now owned both Tablets.. And that gives me the right to comment on both..
    Thanked by:
    atg284 and TomsAndroid like this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast