N10 light bleed

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I was just stating that if its to noticeable, and the exchange window is still open then exchange rather then trying to convince yourself its alright. I had bad light bleed. I kept trying to tell myself I'd get use to it, everyday I found myself looking at it by mistake. It tortured me to the point that I started taking my Anxiety medicine from a year ago as i watched the return window get closer to closing. Finally took it in to staples to exchange it got home and updated my Nexus right away factory resetted then restored my account and all my previous apps started downloading automatically, signed into anything i needed to and customized it again (only took 30 minutes) cranked up the brightness to max on a black screen and now I only have one corner with little light bleed instead of 2 with major light bleed. Now I can watch my darker shows on Hulu. I'm Very happy I exchanged. Now I can go off those meds.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
My iPad 2 had light bleed. All LCD panels can have the problem. The iPad has imperfections as much as android tabs do. Your argument is invalid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sorry you got stuck with a bad one... I hope the Applestore replaced it with a working unit.. The old 2 series were not the best.. But as a rule they don't have this issue like 95% of the N10's that's for sure..

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Please don't bring up old arguments.

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Any subject is the Forum is up for discussion... That's why it's a Forum.. If you can't find a reason to justify your somewhat confusing statement there is no need to get hostle about it... I just did not see what relevance your statement had in reference to the issue of being able to return an iPad to a storefront and have the warranty honored..:)

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
just got off the phone with google support... they are sending me a new one :)
normally I wouldnt care to much, but I plan on keeping this Tablet for at least 2 years....
when I get the new one, Ill compare them and keep the better tablet...
thanx for all the responses
-Danny

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Any subject is the Forum is up for discussion... That's why it's a Forum.. If you can't find a reason to justify your somewhat confusing statement there is no need to get hostle about it... I just did not see what relevance your statement had in reference to the issue of being able to return an iPad to a storefront and have the warranty honored..:)

Look, just because you can do something , doesn't mean you should. Yes, you can go back and quote old posts and make silly arguments but do you really need to? We get it: You prefer the iPad. You're not wrong but you're not right either. If I was given an iPad, I'd be over the moon. They are smooth, powerful, optimized and like you say, easy to get fixed/replaced. BUT, you don't need to come on these threads and make people who've just bought an N10 feel bad. Both are great tablets but some people prefer Android, the size and fell of the Nexus, the NFC, GPS, Speakers etc. These things also justify the Nexus 10 as a good choice.

You make some good points but it's the way you make them that's the problem ;-)

Tom :)

Last edited:

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
This is so far off the beaten path.. You really need to put this one to bed..

I think his "Lashing Out At Me" proved my point..

Case Closed.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
We're only off topic because you started going on about iPads and their apps and other benefits. And I don't really see when I was "lashing out".

Tom

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 57665So what do you guys think?
below is my new N10 with its light bleed. At first glance it looks pretty bad, but this is on full brightness in the dark....
set it to auto brightness and you wouldnt notice unless you tried to see it...
set it to full brightness in the day light and you dont see it either...

should I care? not sure what the odds are a replacement would be better or worse..

BTW, love the new tablet so far... running a screensaver battery test as I type...see how many hours it lasts today..

Ouch that's a lot....not guaranteed replacement will have issue fixed...I've just accepted the light bleed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

It wasn't his post to justify, it was mine that you had quoted. http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...forum/231861-n10-light-bleed.html#post2509973 [your post quoting mine no longer appears in this thread] I chose not to answer it for a couple of reasons. ONE of those reasons was because the post I quoted a portion of was edited AFTER I quoted it [well over 24 hours after the quoted post was originally made].

I hope this clears up for you who did not respons and why.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok.. Let's keep it going...

Let's go over the facts shall we? I OWNED a Nexus 10 32gb $500.00 from Wal-Mart (Picture of receipt available upon request..) At first I liked it.. And said as much over on XDA.. Then under the right conditions, the Lightbleeding reared it's ugly head..as I stated here I felt $500.00 was WAY TO MUCH FOR ME to spend on a Tablet that had issues out of the box.. It's not my fault I did not build the Tablet..But I bought the Tablet..so I have every right to DISCUSS the Tablet's Sucesses as well as it's Failures.

And I believe I said: "I went with the *Other Guy* and I am now 100% satisfied" What's wrong with that? Are you the sworn protector of Android? This Tablet has problems.. Nothing on this Earth is perfect but for this to be the *The State of the Art* Android Tablet it does not run like it.. That's a fact. on XDA there are over 1,000 comments concerning this Major Lightbleed issue.. and over 100,000 views! it's an issue wether you want to accept it or not..

But back on point.. After I stated I switched to the other guy and was and still am 100% satisfied the next comment was from someone saying there friend had an iPad and it had lightbleed.. so I responded, " They should have taken it to an Applestore and it would have been replaced " becuase I iPads as a whole simply don't have this issue.. Then you jumped in trying to defend Google not having store fronts..???? YOU started it not me... I was trying to understand the relivence of your statement about Google needing till the year 2035 to have store fronts.. Sorry.. Made ZERO sense to me.. But you wanted to DEFEND Google and I guess that was your way of doing it.. or you were jealous of Apple's Quality Service being available to the Consumer I know not which...

There are responses to statements that were posted 6 months ago in the forums everyday.. to say your statement was 24 hrs old and "Old News" is quite frankly Out of Touch with the reality of these forums...

I am sorry if the word APPLE makes you shudder.. I am sorry if the iPad makes you shudder.. If those two words make you 2nd guess your purchase or 2nd guess Google I am sorry but that's not my issue... There is Nothing wrong with bringing up the the name Apple.. or the Tablet by which all others are judged. The iPad.. It's just discussion I do the same thing in the Apple forums when it come to the Word Android...

Competition is good.. it keeps BOTH companies on their respective toes to earn our dollars.. Right Now, It is MY opinion Apple has the better running product for my use.. I have now owned both Tablets.. And that gives me the right to comment on both..

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
. Right Now, It is MY opinion Apple has the better running product for my use..

Well said... I wish more people would include things like "my opinion" and "for my use"
There is no black and white, all products have pros and cons depending on the user...

ie. my 4 and 5 yr old have an Ipad and a Touch.. they could use my N10, but the IOS devices are not only easier for them with one hard button, but theres much more kids friendly content..

I personally prefer the N10 for what I do and like...
To each his own
-Danny

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
There are responses to statements that were posted 6 months ago in the forums everyday.. to say your statement was 24 hrs old and "Old News" is quite frankly Out of Touch with the reality of these forums...

Clearly I am failing to convey my thoughts in a method that allows you to understand so I will try and use a time line method.

01-08-2013, 04:23 AM You posted post #15

01-08-2013, 06:07 AM Tom's Android mentions the iPad with light bleed.

01-08-2013, 05:03 PM you posted post #19 in this thread

01-09-2013 at 03:35 AM. You edited post #15

01-09-2013, 03:47 PM I quoted a portion of post #19 and commented about the time frame in which a storefront was established. this is post #22

01-09-2013 at 09:06 PM. you edited post #19 [this was the over 24 hour time period reffered to]

time passed [time is strange like that ;) ]

01-25-2013, 02:30 PM Post # 35 you quoted 2 of your posts, one of tomnsandroids post, and my post [#22] and stated "...Your statement is somewhat confusing to me". Note: I mistakedly thought this post had been deleted and stand corrected on that.

Yesterday, 08:43 PM post #43 you quote tom's android and said " If you can't find a reason to justify your somewhat confusing statement there is no need to get hostle about it."

Today, 12:56 PM Post #49 I respond to post #43 to clairify you are holding Tom's android accountable for not justifying a statement I made, that you found confusing. I go on to explain WHY I did not feel the need to justify or clarify anything: which I will restate now to avoid any further confusion:

I believe It is unreasonale to expect someone to clairify their thoughts on a 2 week old post [#22] that quoted a post [#19] which was edited, at least once, AFTER post #22 quoted only a portion of it[#19]. At the time I made post #22 no one else seemd to have any problem understanding it. No one else expressed confusion.

This concludes all I have to say on the above matter. Take from it what you will: enlightenment, confusion or something else all together.

Competition is good.. it keeps BOTH companies on their respective toes to earn our dollars.. Right Now, It is MY opinion Apple has the better running product for my use.. I have now owned both Tablets.. And that gives me the right to comment on both..

I agree competition is good, I am happy that you found a device that fits your needs and openly agree with you that there are some people who will find Apple products better suited to them just as there are some people who will find Android Products better suited to them. I will go even further and say anyone can have owned neither product and still have the right to comment on them.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Well said... I wish more people would include things like "my opinion" and "for my use"
There is no black and white, all products have pros and cons depending on the user...

ie. my 4 and 5 yr old have an Ipad and a Touch.. they could use my N10, but the IOS devices are not only easier for them with one hard button, but theres much more kids friendly content..

I personally prefer the N10 for what I do and like...
To each his own
-Danny
Thanks Danny.. You are 100% Correct for children iOS is a Much Safer place to be.. So many learning aps as well as fun games for young childern it's most impressive.. And Apple works very hard to keep the "Smut" out of the App Store I like that.. I own a Galaxy Note and that is my *Fiddle* device.. Liquidsmooth Custom Rom, Flappjaxxx & Dag8's Kernels, overclocked to 1,800 mhz unlocked and running a T-Mo Modem cruising at $30.00 bucks a month on the T-Mo Network.. I gave the N10 a chance to follow suit.. Keep Up and join my club.. it was not up to the task..

For me Danny 3 things really stood out.. 1) Studder while surfing: why? Google worked with Samsung to make this Tablet.. Google MAKES GOOGLE CHROME! and the general consensis is, " Oh No you run the Dolphin Browser it runs real smooth" Why??? Why should I have to go to a 3rd Party to get a Browser when it's Google's Tablet and Google's Browser to get a Browser that does not Studder when Scrolling or Pinch Zooming? 2) Lightbleed.. Enough Said. 3) Optimization..Why no patch for the N10 in games like N.O.V.A.3 and Dead Trigger? Special Effects are not showing on the N10 in both games.. Simple Smoke and Falling Debris in N.O.V.A.3 and Water Effects in Dead Trigger.. why does the N10 drop frames in NFS Most Wanted? My Current Tablet does not have any of these 3 Major ( for me ) issues.. And just like your children, I want to just sit down and have a *Great Experience* without the frustration.. That's why I am 100% happy with my current Tablet Danny.. Take Care Man.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh Shadowriver! So True Man! So True!!!!! :) :)
Kinda Sad Though.. You Know?

Look, it really does depend on what you want. If you get a fully working N10 you'll be satisfied if you want an incredible screen, Android and it's benifets etc. I won't argue though, that the iPad gives a smoother, more optimised experience out of the box.

I also think that completion is great. If you look how far Android tablets have come recently, you can see it's pretty much thanks to the iPad. And, thanks to the competition of the Nexus 7, you get the device you now own :)

Tom

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 10 tablet last February 28

My nexus 10 has slight light bleeding on its lower right and right side of the tablet.

The Main question is or my personal dilemma is ...Will it get any worse? do i have to return it and ask for a new one?

I spent 25,000 Pesos on this and this is actually my first tablet..

I hate that I get to get the Unit with the bleeding issue.. can anyone unburden my thoughts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12