Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Default N10 light bleed

Just got my baby today and I noticed light bleed from landscape view, lower left on left side and lower left bottom. With left side being more prominent than the bottom. Hard to see since I'm using crappy galaxy nexus camera. Not as bad as my transformer 1 light bleed but still annoying.
    This a known issue? Wouldn't mind Google sending me a replacement but I'd rather not send mine first. I've waited long enough, I'm gonna play with my toy.
    Update ****
    Called Google, they are sending out new one asap and I will return mine after new one arrives. Light bleed or not on next one, don't care, won't be returning it regardless.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Default Re: N10 light bleed

Picture looks like portrait view but its not..for anyone who seems confused

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

Mine has it in the bottom right corner in landscape.... I have a replacement on its way and still have the original. Some people are just putting up with it...I don't like it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Might call Google tomorrow and see what they say...replacement might have same issue... Crap shoot I guess.

Angry Re: N10 light bleed

Mine has considerable yellowish tint in the corners and on the edge. Not sure whether or not this counts as light bleed, but it's very noticeable at any brightness level. I took a photo with my phone camera. In this photo, it's the yellowish tint in the bottom corners that bothers me (not the bluish light bleed). I can see that yellowish tint at any brightness level. It almost reminds me of the pattern you get when you hold a magnet up to a CRT screen (obviously not the same thing, though).

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

I've noticed the top of my screen is not as bright as the rest. Noticeable if you show a full white background, white is slightly less bright near the top. It's not bad enough that I feel the need to try to return it, though.

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
    I've noticed the top of my screen is not as bright as the rest. Noticeable if you show a full white background, white is slightly less bright near the top. It's not bad enough that I feel the need to try to return it, though.
    My original and my replacement N10 had that. Also, I have read this on other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen78 View Post
    Just got my baby today and I noticed light bleed from landscape view, lower left on left side and lower left bottom. With left side being more prominent than the bottom. Hard to see since I'm using crappy galaxy nexus camera. Not as bad as my transformer 1 light bleed but still annoying.
    This a known issue? Wouldn't mind Google sending me a replacement but I'd rather not send mine first. I've waited long enough, I'm gonna play with my toy.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/05/yguvasyz.jpg
    Update ****
    Called Google, they are sending out new one asap and I will return mine after new one arrives. Light bleed or not on next one, don't care, won't be returning it regardless.
    Update?
    Did the replacement have the same issue?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Either I'm not as discerning or mine is perfect. I have none of these issues.

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bendavis78 View Post
    Mine has considerable yellowish tint in the corners and on the edge. Not sure whether or not this counts as light bleed, but it's very noticeable at any brightness level. I took a photo with my phone camera. In this photo, it's the yellowish tint in the bottom corners that bothers me (not the bluish light bleed). I can see that yellowish tint at any brightness level. It almost reminds me of the pattern you get when you hold a magnet up to a CRT screen (obviously not the same thing, though).

http://i.imgur.com/ZiN83.jpg.
    My original one had it that bad but on the bottom right. My replacement had it all over the place so I returned both...I'm going to try again at Staples in January when the quality control is (hopefully) better.

Default N10 light bleed

Mine has a bit around the bottom right. Honestly it's barely noticeable I'm not to concerned with it. I can only see it on a black background and even then I need to be looking for it.

I have light bleed on mine too, but it's only noticeable if I'm on a black screen looking for it... *shrug*.
    KJ and OTACORB like this.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

I have it too on the bottom right, and a patch on top left side. not really noticable except when watching widescreen movies, or powering on, but as i'm going to be using it for watching movies a lot, and it impacts on the picture i have contacted google for a replacement, which they have not questioned, but then again have not sent me the promised email about it.....
    The light bleed on the bottom right seems to be a common occurrence.Some people say its an inherent fault with the technology, but I also have a nexus 7 which is perfect

I complained to google about it and they told me that it almost never happens, i complained to them that they lie cause engadget had 2 with light bleed. There a couple post of light bleed on here but some people tell me it rare while others tell me its common. Frankly this is my second Nexus 10 with light bleed. Its not nearly as bad as the last one. I only have light bleed on the bottom right this time and only seen on black background on maximum brightness. Man my first one was terrible. Anything passed 20% brightness, you couldn't help but flip out. Glad I exchanged

I'm Really Surprised,
    At how many people have decided to keep their tablets and simply Ignore this MAJOR issue.. I too tried to pretend it was not there.. If I was watching netflix or had something dark around the edges I tried to convince myself "It's not that bad.." or "Just don't look down or at the edges.. Just try to focus on the center of the screen.."

Really? for a $500.00 investment ? I thought compromise was associated with buying one of the $150.00 Knockoff Tablets ??

Finally I came to my senses.. It was bad enough there are next to no Android Optimized Apps for Tablets anyway ( Zero with a Checkbox to run an app @ 2560*1600 ).. Not to mention the Studders & Lags with 4.2 Jellybean even with all this State of the Art Horsepower.. The lightbleed sealed the "Return for Refund" deal to Wal-Mart for me..
    Went with "The Other Guy"... 100% happy with my investment now. :-)

My OG Note was / is a sucess
    My Nex-10 was a fail.. Big Time.

My friends iPad 4 has pretty bad light bleed...

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
    SuperJonCA likes this.

It has to do with the screen technology not the tablet. Thats why i wish they went with super amoled hd plus.

Got mine a few days ago.... No signs of night bleed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    My friends iPad 4 has pretty bad light bleed...

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Believe me.. I understand how you feel..

Your loyality to Android is to be admired..

But I am not saying this for the sake of starting an argument.. I am stating the TRUTH.. If your friend truly has issue with their purchase they really should just go to an Apple Store and they will gladly Replace the defective unit.. They will even get their Replacement Unit all setup for them if they like.. So they will walk out 100% SATISFIED..

That's Class.

Sadly.. It's Google / Samsung's Quality Standards and Android's lack of Tablet Optimized Apps that I had issues with.. Thank Goodness I made my purchase at a local Wal-Mart.. And was able to just walk in and get my refund on the spot. You read in other forums where folks have to wait weeks for a refund or get replacement tablets with the seals cracked open.. which suggest they may just be getting each others units..
    At this price point.. thats sad.

The ENTIRE experience from purchase to ease of use, to Optimized Tablet (Not blown up phone) Apps Available (275,000+) to dealing with any issues that may arise ( Apple Store) really shows who is Head and Sholders above the the Competition.. And thats the Team that got my $500.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    It has to do with the screen technology not the tablet. Thats why i wish they went with super amoled hd plus.
    Agreed.
    I own a Galaxy Note 1 with the SuperAmoled+ Technology and the screen is 100% JET BLACK with beautiful color saturation.
    But the other issue I had is lack of Optimized Tablet Apps for Android.
    It's like, Developer's Develope Tablet Apps for the iPad exclusively and then someone else comes along and ADAPTS it to Android (Flipboard was a great example)
    "Make it Work on All iPad's" is the Law of the Tablet Land... Then..( Like a Step-Child ) see what you can do with the Android platform..

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Had to send mine in on Monday because of major light bleed. They sent me a new one overnight and it'll be here tomorrow. I loved the screen, but the light bleed was awful on black screens especially while watching movies like the dark knight rises. Hopefully my new one doesn't have the issue

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
    But I am not saying this for the sake of starting an argument.. I am stating the TRUTH.. If your friend truly has issue with their purchase they really should just go to an Apple Store and they will gladly Replace the defective unit.. They will even get their Replacement Unit all setup for them if they like.. So they will walk out 100% SATISFIED..
    In all fairness, Apple opened the first two Apple Stores on May 19, 2001. Aproximately 25 years after thier first piece of hardware. So I think we can give Google the same 25 years before we expect them to have a physical store front in which to offer support. Nexus 1: 2010... that means 2035 right ?
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

That's Class.

Sadly.. It's Google / Samsung's Quality Standards and Android's lack of Tablet Optimized Apps that I had issues with.. Thank Goodness I made my purchase at a local Wal-Mart.. And was able to just walk in and get my refund on the spot. You read in other forums where folks have to wait weeks for a refund or get replacement tablets with the seals cracked open.. which suggest they may just be getting each others units..

The ENTIRE experience from purchase to easy of use to Optimized Tablet (Not blown up phone) Apps Available (275,000+) to dealing with any issues that may arise ( Apple Store) really shows who is Head and Sholders above the the Competition.. And thats the Team that got my $500.00.
    You claim your not trying to start an argument yet you make completely unrelated points. Did you not read the OP? It was about the Nexus 10 and light bleed. Not about the lack of optimized apps! Also, you said that you can walk in to an Apple store to buy a replacement. If you had read even further into the OP you would have seen that simply calling Google can get you a replacement.
    Also, about my loyalty to Android, I have more and have used far more Apple devices than Android so I don't see why you would claim that I'm loyal to Android.
    Anyway, you missed my point. I made the comment about my friends iPad because they a famous for quality and great screens. I was just saying that it's not too much to worry about as even Apple has those problems. Anyway, if you have an iPad, why are you in the Android tablet section?

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7

That's Class.

The ENTIRE experience from purchase to easy of use to Optimized Tablet (Not blown up phone) Apps Available (275,000+) to dealing with any issues that may arise ( Apple Store) really shows who is Head and Sholders above the the Competition.. And thats the Team that got my $500.00.
    You claim your not trying to start an argument yet you make completely unrelated points. Did you not read the OP? It was about the Nexus 10 and light bleed. Not about the lack of optimized apps! Also, you said that you can walk in to an Apple store to buy a replacement. If you had read even further into the OP you would have seen that simply calling Google can get you a replacement.
    Also, about my loyalty to Android, I have more and have used far more Apple devices than Android so I don't see why you would claim that I'm loyal to Android.
    Anyway, you missed my point. I made the comment about my friends iPad because they a famous for quality and great screens. I was just saying that it's not too much to worry about as even Apple has those problems. Anyway, if you have an iPad, why are you in the Android tablet section?

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    You claim your not trying to start an argument yet you make completely unrelated points. It was about the Nexus 10 and light bleed. Not about the lack of optimized apps! so I don't see why you would claim that I'm loyal to Android.
    Anyway, you missed my point. I made the comment about my friends iPad because they a famous for quality and great screens. it's not too much to worry about as even Apple has those problems. why are you in the Android tablet section?

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Whoa... Easy... Calm Down.

As a current Android Owner (Galaxy Note) and former (Thank Gawd) Nexus-10 Owner I'm ALWAYS lurking around..:-)

My experience with the Nexus-10 was a NIGHTMARE I could not believe I almost locked myself into a $500.00 investment and actually tried to convince myself that this was a Finished, Polished Product.

It's not.

Seems like you are focusing on Post #19.. Read my Post #15..

You see, I am a Android Believer as well.. Or I would not own a Galaxy Note and the Droid Charge I had before it.. They work.. They may not be the fastest horses in the stable.. but they work. as advertised. And both are still performing their duties quite well..

This Android Tablet though is another story.. Burned out pixels, Creaky Backsides, Random Reboots, Electrical Humming,Washed Out Colors and Lightbleed

The most powerful CPU in the Android Universe coupled with 2gigs of Ram...

And it STILL studders & lags...

The Nexus-10 is NOT ready for PrimeTime.. And those are the facts. I was not trying to hi-jack this thread or take it "off-topic"..

Call it... Venting.. But yes, I do still have a Morbid intrest in how many people are putting up with this... excepting this.. fatal flaw.. This is not the only forum that I follow concerning this issue..

You see.. I think it's a BIG issue.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast