Screen Protector?

emmui

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently looking for a screen protector for my Nexus 10 and heard the one from Spigen is good. Can anyone make any other recommendations? My criteria for the screen protector is to not show fingerprints.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Ghost Armor said that they will have one available by end December. I've used Ghost Armor before and it is a great product. Regular Zagg is available, but the Zagg HD is not. (The regular Zagg has an orange peel effect. Zagg HD is really good but there is no ETA for that one.)

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've tried the "name brand" screen protectors, including Zagg. The orange peel ones bother me and the matte/anti-glare create a prismatic effect that makes an awesome screen look like a rainbow.

I prefer the crystal clear protectors where you can't tell it's there. Yes, they show fingerprints but given my qualms with the issues above I much prefer the crystal clear. I've had great success buying these cheap ones of of Ebay, too.

cykim4

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently looking for a screen protector for my Nexus 10 and heard the one from Spigen is good. Can anyone make any other recommendations? My criteria for the screen protector is to not show fingerprints.

I recently bought a Spigen (Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Google Nexus 10 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [SQ Crystal Clear] [1-SET] Clear Film Cover Shield - CLEAR: Cell Phones & Accessories), but it's not good for the price. Makes your screen look grainy and fuzzy. Don't buy this one. If you're looking for a protector with less fingerprints, then you should buy a matte protector. But matte protectors definitely reduce your screen quality. No easy solution.

emmui

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought a Spigen (Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Google Nexus 10 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [SQ Crystal Clear] [1-SET] Clear Film Cover Shield - CLEAR: Cell Phones & Accessories), but it's not good for the price. Makes your screen look grainy and fuzzy. Don't buy this one. If you're looking for a protector with less fingerprints, then you should buy a matte protector. But matte protectors definitely reduce your screen quality. No easy solution.
i`m glad i didn`t place an order. it`s a pretty pricy screen protector and doesn`t seem to be worth the money. thanks for your input!

I picked up the skinomi one for the Nexus 10 and it has been working good for me so far.
i just watched a video on an installation of the skinomi screen protector. can you see fingerprints on the protector?

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to use one on my N10. I used one on my Xoom since release day and the screen protector looks new. They take away from the experience in my opinion....

emmui

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
What's the purpose of a screen protector for the N10? The N10 uses Gorilla glass which is supposed to be very durable and scratch free and not just resistant to cracking or breaking from impacts.

Gorilla Glass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CORNING? GORILLA? GLASS

i`m specifically looking for a screen protector that will show minimal fingerprints so i don`t have to constantly wipe my screen.

Gorilla Glass does scratch if the abrasive material has the same hardness as the glass.

Last edited:

dogmanden

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
i`m specifically looking for a screen protector that will show minimal fingerprints so i don`t have to constantly wipe my screen.

Gorilla Glass does scratch if the abrasive material has the same hardness as the glass.

Buy & use a stylus pen. No fingerprints.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I used to favor Zagg, but switched over to a company called DBA Cases.
I don't know if they make one for the nexus 10 but on my nexus phone, ipad2 and wife's iphone thing is great.
No fingerprints.
Product is called just like glass.

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I ordered some screen protectors from ebay for very cheep 3 of them. But I did not see the need of installing those because my nexus came with a screen protector from the factory like everybody else's and its a very clear one .
And I kept that on it ,with a case on my nexus you don't even notice I have a screen protector on

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
:)
I ordered some screen protectors from ebay for very cheep 3 of them. But I did not see the need of installing those because my nexus came with a screen protector from the factory like everybody else's and its a very clear one .
And I kept that on it ,with a case on my nexus you don't even notice I have a screen protector on

Unless screen protectors have changed a whole lot since I last bought one the plastic shipping protector that covered the Nexus10's screen and back are a far cry from one. Sure it may work as one but only in the same way you could cut a steak with an Axe instead of a steak knife :)

kane1513

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a firm believer in Best skins ever... a bit of a pain to put on but WELL worth it. You dont even know its on there and no orange peel. As long as you're careful installing.

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
:)
I use a poetic case on my nexus. So the bezel is covered nicely so the protecting film came with the nexus does a decent job covering the screen nothing left exposed!
Unless screen protectors have changed a whole lot since I last bought one the plastic shipping protector that covered the Nexus10's screen and back are a far cry from one. Sure it may work as one but only in the same way you could cut a steak with an Axe instead of a steak knife :)