Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Protector?

I'm currently looking for a screen protector for my Nexus 10 and heard the one from Spigen is good. Can anyone make any other recommendations? My criteria for the screen protector is to not show fingerprints.

Default Re: Screen Protector?

I just bought these, should be here today:

Ghost Armor said that they will have one available by end December. I've used Ghost Armor before and it is a great product. Regular Zagg is available, but the Zagg HD is not. (The regular Zagg has an orange peel effect. Zagg HD is really good but there is no ETA for that one.)

I've tried the "name brand" screen protectors, including Zagg. The orange peel ones bother me and the matte/anti-glare create a prismatic effect that makes an awesome screen look like a rainbow.

I prefer the crystal clear protectors where you can't tell it's there. Yes, they show fingerprints but given my qualms with the issues above I much prefer the crystal clear. I've had great success buying these cheap ones of of Ebay, too.

Quote Originally Posted by emmui View Post
    I'm currently looking for a screen protector for my Nexus 10 and heard the one from Spigen is good. Can anyone make any other recommendations? My criteria for the screen protector is to not show fingerprints.
    I recently bought a Spigen (Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Google Nexus 10 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [SQ Crystal Clear] [1-SET] Clear Film Cover Shield - CLEAR: Cell Phones & Accessories), but it's not good for the price. Makes your screen look grainy and fuzzy. Don't buy this one. If you're looking for a protector with less fingerprints, then you should buy a matte protector. But matte protectors definitely reduce your screen quality. No easy solution.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

I picked up the skinomi one for the Nexus 10 and it has been working good for me so far.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by cykim4 View Post
    I recently bought a Spigen (Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Google Nexus 10 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [SQ Crystal Clear] [1-SET] Clear Film Cover Shield - CLEAR: Cell Phones & Accessories), but it's not good for the price. Makes your screen look grainy and fuzzy. Don't buy this one. If you're looking for a protector with less fingerprints, then you should buy a matte protector. But matte protectors definitely reduce your screen quality. No easy solution.
    i`m glad i didn`t place an order. it`s a pretty pricy screen protector and doesn`t seem to be worth the money. thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by jigsawhc View Post
    I picked up the skinomi one for the Nexus 10 and it has been working good for me so far.
    i just watched a video on an installation of the skinomi screen protector. can you see fingerprints on the protector?

What's the purpose of a screen protector for the N10? The N10 uses Gorilla glass which is supposed to be very durable and scratch free and not just resistant to cracking or breaking from impacts.

roberts68 likes this.

I'm not going to use one on my N10. I used one on my Xoom since release day and the screen protector looks new. They take away from the experience in my opinion....
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
    What's the purpose of a screen protector for the N10? The N10 uses Gorilla glass which is supposed to be very durable and scratch free and not just resistant to cracking or breaking from impacts.

i`m specifically looking for a screen protector that will show minimal fingerprints so i don`t have to constantly wipe my screen.

Gorilla Glass does scratch if the abrasive material has the same hardness as the glass.
    Last edited by emmui; 12-09-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

i just watched a video on an installation of the skinomi screen protector. can you see fingerprints on the protector?
    Only if my 5 year old uses it.
    But it wipes off easier than others I have used in the past.
    Thanked by:
    emmui 
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by jigsawhc View Post
    Only if my 5 year old uses it.
    But it wipes off easier than others I have used in the past.
    i ordered the skinomi one on amazon. thanks for the suggestion!

i`m specifically looking for a screen protector that will show minimal fingerprints so i don`t have to constantly wipe my screen.

Gorilla Glass does scratch if the abrasive material has the same hardness as the glass.
    Buy & use a stylus pen. No fingerprints.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I used to favor Zagg, but switched over to a company called DBA Cases.
    I don't know if they make one for the nexus 10 but on my nexus phone, ipad2 and wife's iphone thing is great.
    No fingerprints.
    Product is called just like glass.

I ordered some screen protectors from ebay for very cheep 3 of them. But I did not see the need of installing those because my nexus came with a screen protector from the factory like everybody else's and its a very clear one .
    And I kept that on it ,with a case on my nexus you don't even notice I have a screen protector on

Quote Originally Posted by johnyguy#AC View Post
    I ordered some screen protectors from ebay for very cheep 3 of them. But I did not see the need of installing those because my nexus came with a screen protector from the factory like everybody else's and its a very clear one .
    And I kept that on it ,with a case on my nexus you don't even notice I have a screen protector on
    Unless screen protectors have changed a whole lot since I last bought one the plastic shipping protector that covered the Nexus10's screen and back are a far cry from one. Sure it may work as one but only in the same way you could cut a steak with an Axe instead of a steak knife
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]

I'm a firm believer in Best skins ever... a bit of a pain to put on but WELL worth it. You dont even know its on there and no orange peel. As long as you're careful installing.

Quote Originally Posted by kane1513 View Post
    I'm a firm believer in Best skins ever... a bit of a pain to put on but WELL worth it. You dont even know its on there and no orange peel. As long as you're careful installing.
    Except it's not available for the N10.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post

I use a poetic case on my nexus. So the bezel is covered nicely so the protecting film came with the nexus does a decent job covering the screen nothing left exposed!
    Unless screen protectors have changed a whole lot since I last bought one the plastic shipping protector that covered the Nexus10's screen and back are a far cry from one. Sure it may work as one but only in the same way you could cut a steak with an Axe instead of a steak knife

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    Except it's not available for the N10.
    I have one on my N10 right now.

Sorry about that. Thanks for posting.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I meant the brand I use now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

i ordered the skinomi one on amazon. thanks for the suggestion!
    Skinomi makes the best protectors.

Bestskinsever.com cheap, easy to install, and very durable! I've had them on my past few devices and they are great.

I am currently applying the Full Body Ghost Armor Carbon (Purple) on my Nexus 10. Some bubbles on the screen protector, I hope I didn't muff it up and they'll go away in a couple of days. The back edges are not easily sticking to the curved areas of the Nexus... so I'm holding them down in hopes that they'll eventually stick okay.

I do hope I like it in a couple of days. We don't have anywhere locally to have them installed, so I'm doing the best I can... and I'm not usually very good at applying screen protectors so we'll see.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast