I'm currently using my N10 as a desktop at work, It's plugged into a 21'' monitor with a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. My only concern is screen on time and what risk I'm running from keeping my screen on for hours at a time. I'm only using email, web browsing, remoting into servers, and sometimes editing word docs as well, I work as an IT supporter at a school and when I get help desk tickets I take my N10 with me so it does get unplugged with some screen off time. I'm assuming with my use this isn't a factor as i'm not doing any intensive gaming or even coming close to maxing out the processor power. Was just looking for any input if anyone else was using their tablet either like mine or had any suggestions.
- 12-05-2012, 11:58 AM #2
Re: N10 Desktop
I don't understand what your concern is. It's an LCD display so you don't have to worry about screen burn in. Plasma displays have burn in issues, old crt displays have burn in issures, AMOLED colors shift after extended use and may have some memory, but I don't think the N10 has any issues.
- 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM #3
- 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM #4
- 12-05-2012, 04:38 PM #5
Re: N10 Desktop
The only thing that you might take into consideration is the life of the backlight. However, you'd probably replace (i.e., upgrade) the tablet before it burned out. Nevertheless, an app that truly turns off the display when connected to an external monitor would be ideal.
- By Zookeeper in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 6Last Post: 02-11-2013, 08:11 PM
- By cmorty72#AC in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 12Last Post: 01-11-2011, 05:49 PM
- By hydrogenman#ac in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 9Last Post: 11-26-2009, 08:55 AM
- By Mopar in forum HTC HeroReplies: 2Last Post: 11-16-2009, 06:24 PM
- By SkottM in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2009, 01:28 PM