N10 Desktop

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using my N10 as a desktop at work, It's plugged into a 21'' monitor with a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. My only concern is screen on time and what risk I'm running from keeping my screen on for hours at a time. I'm only using email, web browsing, remoting into servers, and sometimes editing word docs as well, I work as an IT supporter at a school and when I get help desk tickets I take my N10 with me so it does get unplugged with some screen off time. I'm assuming with my use this isn't a factor as i'm not doing any intensive gaming or even coming close to maxing out the processor power. Was just looking for any input if anyone else was using their tablet either like mine or had any suggestions.

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand what your concern is. It's an LCD display so you don't have to worry about screen burn in. Plasma displays have burn in issues, old crt displays have burn in issures, AMOLED colors shift after extended use and may have some memory, but I don't think the N10 has any issues.

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using my N10 as a desktop at work, It's plugged into a 21'' monitor with a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. My only concern is screen on time and what risk I'm running from keeping my screen on for hours at a time. I'm only using email, web browsing, remoting into servers, and sometimes editing word docs as well, I work as an IT supporter at a school and when I get help desk tickets I take my N10 with me so it does get unplugged with some screen off time. I'm assuming with my use this isn't a factor as i'm not doing any intensive gaming or even coming close to maxing out the processor power. Was just looking for any input if anyone else was using their tablet either like mine or had any suggestions.

I think how your using your n10 is pretty cool. I'm in IT as well and use it for RDT/ VNC and managing files and scripts. But I still use my notebook when at the desk.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
There are apps in the Play store that allow you to turn off then screen while using an external display. I would try one of those apps.

bitseeker

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that you might take into consideration is the life of the backlight. However, you'd probably replace (i.e., upgrade) the tablet before it burned out. Nevertheless, an app that truly turns off the display when connected to an external monitor would be ideal.

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys I will check out those apps, and I wasn't worried about burn in but the fact the device would get more wear and tear from being on almost all day.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante