Nexus 10 and HDR

Kaenon

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems surprising that there's no HDR option on the nexus 10. This Nexus 10 support page says that HDR should be an available option, though I'm assuming that they just cut and pasted from the nexus 4 docs.

I've tried to find a clear answer but get conflicting reports.

Just curious...but I'm assuming you have both a real camera DSC or an SLR and a smartphone? Why would you want to take pictures of anything holding a 10" tablet? Its like taking pictures of things with your laptop :s

Kevin McIntyre

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've got no desire to use it as a camera, but that doesn't mean that I won't ever use it as one. Maybe I'll have it in my hands when I want to snap a quick shot, who knows.

But that's beside the point. I wanted to play with the hdr function in 4.2 and noticed it's missing on the nexus 10. I may never use it one way or the other, but would still like to know the answer.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I've got no desire to use it as a camera, but that doesn't mean that I won't ever use it as one. Maybe I'll have it in my hands when I want to snap a quick shot, who knows.

But that's beside the point. I wanted to play with the hdr function in 4.2 and noticed it's missing on the nexus 10. I may never use it one way or the other, but would still like to know the answer.

I noticed that too Kevin after reading an article the other day that stated HDR was available on the Nexus 10. I couldn't find it, so maybe they'll add that functionality later. I won't be using my Nexus 10 camera much, but I'll check it put if it's available.

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Me too, thank you. I called Google and they ran me through hoops before I got someone who told me there wasn't any HDR and that I was looking at a Nexus 4 document, which of course wasn't true. My problems seems also o extend to the camera app itself. Google wanted me to clears the data and when I went to find the camera app under settings>apps>all. There wasn't any so I not sure what's going on. I wanted only to see if I could use the photosphere function and HDR at the same time, that would be my only use of this camera on the tablet.

rhoeg

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
While it is true that the Nexus 10 does not support HDR, for my upcoming bike trip, I found a way to use my Canon camera with my tablet to create true HDR images. Here is my post.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
While it is true that the Nexus 10 does not support HDR, for my upcoming bike trip, I found a way to use my Canon camera with my tablet to create true HDR images. Here is my post.
I found out about that while reading an article I posted in a topic I made. Too bad I can't do it with my DSLR.