'unfortunately, Clock has stopped'

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm getting this message popping up on my screen every time a minute passes. It gives me the opportunity to report it or click OK. My clock still shows the correct time!
This error message is doing my head in, anybody else experienced and got rid of this annoyance?
Thank in advance

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Still getting the message, it let me clear data but not the 12kb of cache! Also I have now disabled the clock but fear of the consequences of doing this what ever they may be!?

Last edited:

skyblue87

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I am getting exactly the same. Force stopped app, cleared data and cache. Still get it, Thought it might be daydream mode set to clock, so changed that too, but still getting it. Doing my head in!

Daniel Payne

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Just received the Nexus 7, updated to Android 4.2.1, added a 2nd User Account, keep seeing this error message even after "clear cache", and "clear data". This OS looks primitive compared to iOS 6.

bimalsyam

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I got my nexus 10 yesterday and i started getting this error after using it for couple of hours. Not sure if it started after i added other users. I found this on another site "http://blog.hajma.cz/2012/07/solved-unfortunately-clock-has-stopped.html". But then the comments below indicates its unsuccessful on Nexus 10. Any more updates on this?

anonuk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I had this after my wife also created an account with a clock widget. I tried clearing the data cache on both accounts then rebooted and it stopped crashing till the next day. Now we've just removed her widget, plenty of other ones.

bimalsyam

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I removed the clock widget from the two accounts i had added and haven't had the issue since then (24 hrs now :) ). I am OK with this fix.

Davidquagliana

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I am having this problem as well. I have tried all of the advice on this thread (except resetting completely). this only temporarily solve the problem, which resurfaces every few days. Does anyone know whether this is a hardware or software problem?

halfnelson

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Seems like the clock widget can't be disabled. If I delete it, a new one is back next time I switch accounts. Is this a problem that comes from the simple fact of having multiple accounts? I definitely didn't have it before I added a second account on the Nexus 7.

None of the above fixes work for me.

zero262

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I get the same thing. Very annoying. Only way I have gotten it to stop is to reboot the tablet. Then it comes back a few days later.

swampyuk

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I am also getting this problem... I've tried the console fix as above link, but the path folders after data/data/ don't exist.

Any other ways/suggestions? Desperate....

Dragos Filote

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I had it myself too this problem. thinking that I don't need the "HTC weather sync provider" I disabled it.......big mistake. from tht moment always pop-upp on my screen: "Clock Widget errror.............".

For turn off this message all you have to do( hardly I say between one message and another) is to ENABLE in Settings--->Apps.

I have noticed the same problem if you disable the ""NEWS" or "NEWS & WEATHER" apps

Hope helps u

Shlomi Lanton

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Any news about this issue?
I have tried everything (clean cache, reinstalling) and still I get this error message every time that I tried to use the "Timer" in the app.
I'm on 44S.

Please help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech