Got the Nexus 10 and I love it but Windows Vista will not acknowledge it without the drivers

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone run into this issue? I want to copy some things over to it but the "device" is unrecognizable with Windows and I can't view it. I've searched for drivers but I haven't been able to find anything on the Interwebs.

Thanks

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
try this first. go to settings-->storage-->[menu]-->USB mass storage-->Check MTP

try again. if this doesn't work let us know. dont forget to open notification and touch to enable usb

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
:/ Still no go, MTP was checked, I tried PTP but it still came up with an error on my PC saying could not locate drivers please check vendor website and such. I also have another PC running XP and it is saying the same thing.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
:/ Still no go, MTP was checked, I tried PTP but it still came up with an error on my PC saying could not locate drivers please check vendor website and such. I also have another PC running XP and it is saying the same thing.

do you have the sdk drivers?? if not here it is http://www.mediafire.com/?709z6ajsrx459ew

extract the above file to c:\ or something

then open device manager. connect N10 to PC and look for the device in device manager.
Then right click and update drivers. follow my guide here "0. Setting up your PC:" and section b.4)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...er-factory-restore-root-any-nexus-device.html

in the guide instead of Select "Android ADB Interface" select MTP. click OK and Install.

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
do you have the sdk drivers?? if not here it is Fastboot.zip

extract the above file to c:\ or something

then open device manager. connect N10 to PC and look for the device in device manager.
Then right click and update drivers. follow my guide here "0. Setting up your PC:" and section b.4)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...er-factory-restore-root-any-nexus-device.html

in the guide instead of Select "Android ADB Interface" select MTP. click OK and Install.

Sorry about this, I should have updated my Windows a while back :)

Okay, I have updated my "Android ADB Interface" device with the "android_winusb" driver and that worked, however when I try to select the "MTP" device and do the same it says that it cannot find any driver software for your device :/

Should I just upgrade to the $40 Windows 8 Pro on Microsoft.com and cross my fingers? :)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So I went ahead and upgraded to Windows 8, holy crap that will get some getting used to :)

Still unable to have it load as an MTP device but it will recognize now as a PTP camera device which is all I need just to get some files onto it.

Thanks for your help still1!

Artur Tomusiak

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got into the same problem. My drivers suddenly stopped working today. Nexus 10 was charging when plugged in to USB port but Windows was not recognizing the device. I tried different drivers and nothing. Saw your post, tried different things and figured it out - it was the USB extension cord that I used today. When I removed the extension cord, everything started working again.

I was thinking that if you don't use extension cord, maybe there's something about your computer's (motherboard's?) USB connection that does the same thing as my extension cord was doing (whatever it is). But if that's the case, the only options for you would be to try different USB ports (maybe back of the computer) or just try a different computer altogether.

Curnamona

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have both Google Nexus 7 and Google Nexus 10 and my PC would recognize both.
Now some thing has occurred and the PC will not recognize either.
I think that a Microsoft upgrade has caused the problem. I am using Win 8.1
Can some one help me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz