No on board Task Manager for the Nexus 10???

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
asy3erer.jpg

Long press it should bring it up, unless it is different on a tablet...the screen shot above is mine

Additionally if you look at the last row, you can pull up Google Now and a few other things

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It looks like you are right. I am looking around and just seeing "AOSP doesnt need one ...blah..blah..blah"

I never use mine and think they are a bad idea, but there are plenty in the market if you need it

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably just confused but if task manager means what pizzadude is showing then you just push the multitasking on screen button. Pressing the apps that pop up relaunches them, swiping them closes them and with a long press you can get app info.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
In the Settings, under Apps, you can sideways scroll to Running where it list the running apps, and from there Stop any of them. Be careful though because it also lists the running Android services.

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. Not gonna worry about it too much. Just gonna go into the settings and close apps when needed. Just curious mainly.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. Not gonna worry about it too much. Just gonna go into the settings and close apps when needed. Just curious mainly.

that's worrying about it too much. don't do anything. android os knows what to do and will manage memory usage better than you

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
while I agree with you there, I do go through once a day or so when the battery hits 30-50% to swipe away a few things that i had running a few hours before.

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The reason I even inquired in the first place is because I use Dolphin Browser 99.9% of the time. And just needed to know that when I home button my way outta there, its not still running.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Don't think of it like a windows machine. Unless the app is designed to run in the background like GPS or something it will be suspended and not use any resources. Simply swiping them out of the recent app list is more then you'll need to ever do. If the device needs the resources it will close out a suspended task to get them. You'll probably notice sometimes that when you open dolphin it will load immediately where you left off but sometimes it will reload everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis