Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Unhappy Re: Battery charge times!?!?!

My battery was dead last night (0%). Plugged it into my computer, for at least an hour, and it actually died while it was plugged in... Then from around 10.30pm it was plugged in to a PowerPoint, 8 hours later, its at 51%....

- - - Updated - - -

My battery was dead last night (0%). Plugged it into my computer, for at least an hour, and it actually died while it was plugged in... Then from around 10.30pm it was plugged in to a PowerPoint, 8 hours later, its at 51%....
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,469 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery charge times!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by livibeck View Post
    My battery was dead last night (0%). Plugged it into my computer, for at least an hour, and it actually died while it was plugged in...
    USB charging through a computer is very slow. And if the tablet was stuck in some app that was sucking power, it could use more power than computer-based USB charging can keep up with and shut itself off.

Then from around 10.30pm it was plugged in to a PowerPoint, 8 hours later, its at 51%....
    You plugged it into a graphical presentation/slide show software for MS-Windows? I recommend you try the factory charger and cable. When the tablet is at 0%, it will take many hours to charge- it is a huge battery.

Now you may read this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...-3hr-time.html
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Charged my battery from 14% to 94% in 4h30 yesterday. Do you all think it's normal or not? The tablet was off.
    Sent from my Nexus 10
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Elayn View Post
    Charged my battery from 14% to 94% in 4h30 yesterday. Do you all think it's normal or not? The tablet was off.
    Sounds about right to me. Mine will take 4-5 hours to fully charge. I usually charge it overnight or stick it on the charger when I go home for lunch so this isn't really a problem for me.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    USB charging through a computer is very slow. And if the tablet was stuck in some app that was sucking power, it could use more power than computer-based USB charging can keep up with and shut itself off.

This is very informative. Thanks.

You plugged it into a graphical presentation/slide show software for MS-Windows? I recommend you try the factory charger and cable. When the tablet is at 0%, it will take many hours to charge- it is a huge battery.

Now you may read this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...-3hr-time.html

I wouldn't really trust peoples charging times on here. Some people just post lies for fun to make people think they got a defective tablet. Like they claim their Nexus 10 is magic or something and can charge from zero to 100% in under 3 hours. Ive tested this on multiple Nexus 10s and always got about 6 hours for a full charge. Some people claim 20% per hour which is absurd because majority of people including myself have testified longer results. I dont round up or down. I Just do controlled test.

Ontop of people giving completely bogus reports, you also have people that don't use the charger and cable that came with it. The charger that came with the Nexus 10 is a 5V 2Amp charger. If you plug the nexus 10 into any lower amp charger it will be much slower. There is also the issue of if USB rapid charging enables. If you have a 5v 2Amp charger and Rapid charging doesn't enable, then it will charge at the slow 500miliamp rate that the usb spec allows.

I have the nexus 10 with the Pogo Charger. I am not completely convinced that it charges any faster with the pogo charger over the included charger. I have also never had issue with it's charge speed. It isn't nearly as fast as my old Xoom was, but how fast do i need it to be when I can charge it overnight.

Global Posts
    2,469 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Craig King View Post
    It isn't nearly as fast as my old Xoom was, but how fast do i need it to be when I can charge it overnight.
    The Xoom used a proprietary connector, and a proprietary charger. It is easy to charge fast with proprietary stuff. But proprietary SUCKS!
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Devlyn16 likes this.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Guys,

Do you think the stock charger suitable for Asia usage? I am from Malaysia and I just ordered a Nexus 10. Now, as I read, I am kind of worried the stock charger / adapter will not suit for Asia.

Can someone please enlighten me?

The stock charger should be fine - it has a range of 100-240V so its ok.

Quote Originally Posted by kokmengng View Post
    Guys,

Do you think the stock charger suitable for Asia usage? I am from Malaysia and I just ordered a Nexus 10. Now, as I read, I am kind of worried the stock charger / adapter will not suit for Asia.

Can someone please enlighten me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funduro View Post
    The stock charger should be fine - it has a range of 100-240V so its ok.
    That's correct. You'll probably need an adapter to fit the plugs in country you visit, but the power itself should be fine. The power adapter is a transformer that converts AC to DC (5V), so as long as the AC input of the adapter can handle the output of that country's standard power outlets (and at 100-240V I'm pretty sure it can), you will be OK.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    That's correct. You'll probably need an adapter to fit the plugs in country you visit, but the power itself should be fine. The power adapter is a transformer that converts AC to DC (5V), so as long as the AC input of the adapter can handle the output of that country's standard power outlets (and at 100-240V I'm pretty sure it can), you will be OK.
    Thanks guys for the input. I feel relief now!

I meant power point... Obviously... :-)
    It took 21 hours to charge to 100% today...

Global Posts
    2,469 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by livibeck View Post
    I meant power point... Obviously... :-)
    It took 21 hours to charge to 100% today...
    Still don't know what you mean. As I said in the last post to you, "power point" is MS-Windows presentation software, unless you can elaborate. There is nothing "obvious" about your posting except that if it is taking 21 hours to charge, you are not using the factory charger or something is horribly broken.
    kokmeng likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Still don't know what you mean. As I said in the last post to you, "power point" is MS-Windows presentation software, unless you can elaborate. There is nothing "obvious" about your posting except that if it is taking 21 hours to charge, you are not using the factory charger or something is horribly broken.
    I'm with crxssi. There is nothing obvious at all about "power point". Google just turns up PowerPoint software. If I search for "power point charger" I get links to Microsoft presentation software and Dodge automobiles.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I suggest you turn the tablet OFF when charging, and see if that makes any difference. As has been pointed out here previously, there are improperly coded apps out there that do not allow the tablet to go into sleep mode. They remain active and consume power at all times. (I posted a link to 13 or so such apps that Verizon had identified a few days ago.) If you have a couple of apps like those running, it is going to take longer to charge your battery than if they were disabled. The easiest way to ensure that your tablet is not consuming power is to turn it off.

as in.. the power point in the wall... the wall charger? O.o
    my tablet has been off, plugged into the wall..... and took 21 hours to get to 100%...

sorry, i honestly have no idea how you dont know what a power point is.... what do you call the thing in the wall where you plug stuff in?! D:

The charger.. Ac adapter.. Wall charge.. Travel charger in some cases if the cable is attached.

Are you using the one that came with the nexus 10 or the one that came with let's say your phone

I have replaced my Nexus 10 three times now and all the four devices showed at least 5.5 - 6 hours of charge time. Google support told me that at most it would take 3.5 hours and according to them my device's battery is defective. Is there any way to make them realize that product design is defective? I am not sure if its the adapter or the battery is at fault. I understand that Nexus 10 got a large battery but either Google should say that its usual for Nexus 10 to take that much time to charge or find a solution to problem.

Global Posts
    2,469 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by venkatesh84 View Post
    I have replaced my Nexus 10 three times now and all the four devices showed at least 5.5 - 6 hours of charge time.
    That should tell you something

Google support told me that at most it would take 3.5 hours and according to them my device's battery is defective. Is there any way to make them realize that product design is defective? I am not sure if its the adapter or the battery is at fault. I understand that Nexus 10 got a large battery but either Google should say that its usual for Nexus 10 to take that much time to charge or find a solution to problem.
    There is no problem, there is no defective design. It is a big battery, it takes several hours to charge. It takes much more than 3.5 hours for a full charge. If you were told that by "Google support" then the person on the other end was clueless. 5 to 6 hours sounds completely normal to me.
    goelz83 likes this.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Hi guys,

Mind telling me if the Nexus 10 also coming with an "UK plug 3 pins adapter"? I read and saw from this site that it is coming with a 3-pins adapter.

apedroid: Nexus 10 - Unboxing and first look

Just to double confirm if the contents will be the same for all countries, or it varies depending on the country it was sold.

I am from Asia and I need a 3-pins adapter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12