Battery charge times!?!?!

golf18

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Am I to assume that these N10s all take overnight to charge?
I had Google send out a second one and this is the same.

They told me approx. 3 hours is all.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I let mine go below 10%, say 4% or so, and I'd say that it took at least 12 hours, perhaps 18. And I've had times where I could swear it didn't charge at all while I was asleep, but maybe it only went up 1% or 2%. I'm going to write down the starting percentage next time I use the Samsung charger. I'm currently trying other usb chargers and they seem to be doing better.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I think we'll need to wait for that magnetic pogo charger before we have rapid charging. Mine seems like it charges faster the I could use it under normal usage which is mostly web browsing. I can make it drain faster then it charges using glbenchmarks battery test though but that is purposely trying to kill the battery....

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Am I to assume that these N10s all take overnight to charge?
I had Google send out a second one and this is the same.

They told me approx. 3 hours is all.

Ok.. let me clear this up. Nexus 10 has a hugeee battery so it will take at least 3-4 hours to charge. we are not in future. battery technology has not got that far.

first time my battery took longer now its getting better. this is my second charge.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I think what he is saying is Google told him it would take 3 hours but its taking 8-10 (all night) or as the other poster said 12-13 hours...

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I think what he is saying is Google told him it would take 3 hours but its taking 8-10 (all night) or as the other poster said 12-13 hours...

i understood that!! taking whole night is not normal. my point was at first my chargning was slow too. but it improved after that. or OP might have a faulty socket.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
OP might have a faulty socket.

A dodgy wall outlet is possible in my case. I know that two of my wall light switches leak a small amount of electricity when they're in the off position; a screw in compact fluorescent bulb in the hallway blinks about once every 5 or 10 seconds when it's turned off; I'm guessing that it takes that long for enough juice to build up in it from the trickle and then it weakly fires the bulb. I have an led night light in my bedroom that's plugged into an outlet that's controlled by a wall switch and it glows faintly when the switch is off. So maybe not directly related except for age, my wall outlets are making poor contact and/or have excessive resistance.

I need to go through and change all of the wall light switches. And I should hire an electrician to replace all of the wall outlets (2 prong) with 3 prong ones.

golf18

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
So, are you telling me/us that your nexus 10 chargers to full in 3 to 4 hours where everyone else takes 10, 12 or 15 hours?

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine takes about 5 hours if its below 5%. Maybe its your apps not letting the n10 go to sleep. Check battery usage and data usage to see what's going on while its charging.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine takes about 5 hours if its below 5%. Maybe its your apps not letting the n10 go to sleep. Check battery usage and data usage to see what's going on while its charging.

Ok, thanks.

I always turn mine off/power down when I charge it. I do not put it to sleep for charging. So there won't be any background apps.

nicobie

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 10 has a 9 Ah battery. The Samsung charger puts out 2 A. So if it is absolutely dead it should take 4? hours to fully charge.

I have tried 3 different chargers and only the one supplied with the device will charge at 2 amps. The other two, (one a 4 amp and the other a 1.75 amp) will take all night only putting out about 5%/hour. the Samsung does a bit better than 20%/hour.

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine takes about 7-8 hours to charge from <10% to fully charged. I have automatic syncing and wifi on at all times though, so that obviously slows it down. I'd say 5 hours would seem right if nothing else was running.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If you are using the charger that came in the box with the Nexus 10, there is no way that it should be taking 8+ hours to charge the device. 4-5 hours should be all it takes to charge the device from 0% to 100%. If it is taking significantly longer than five hours, either you are using a wrong/defective charger, or your tablet is defective (unlikely).

As others have said, the battery in the Nexus 10 is around five times as large as a normal cell phone battery. Just like it takes a longer time to fill up a gallon of water compared to a quart of water, the larger the container is, the longer amount of time it will take to top it off.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i would prefer not to divulge that bit of info, but don't worry, it's coming soon. and it is by far the preferred method of charging this device