Battery charge times!?!?!

livibeck

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
My battery was dead last night (0%). Plugged it into my computer, for at least an hour, and it actually died while it was plugged in... Then from around 10.30pm it was plugged in to a PowerPoint, 8 hours later, its at 51%....:(

- - - Updated - - -

My battery was dead last night (0%). Plugged it into my computer, for at least an hour, and it actually died while it was plugged in... Then from around 10.30pm it was plugged in to a PowerPoint, 8 hours later, its at 51%....:(

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
My battery was dead last night (0%). Plugged it into my computer, for at least an hour, and it actually died while it was plugged in...

USB charging through a computer is very slow. And if the tablet was stuck in some app that was sucking power, it could use more power than computer-based USB charging can keep up with and shut itself off.

Then from around 10.30pm it was plugged in to a PowerPoint, 8 hours later, its at 51%....:(

You plugged it into a graphical presentation/slide show software for MS-Windows? I recommend you try the factory charger and cable. When the tablet is at 0%, it will take many hours to charge- it is a huge battery.

Now you may read this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...0-battery-only-getting-around-6-3hr-time.html

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Charged my battery from 14% to 94% in 4h30 yesterday. Do you all think it's normal or not? The tablet was off.

Sounds about right to me. Mine will take 4-5 hours to fully charge. I usually charge it overnight or stick it on the charger when I go home for lunch so this isn't really a problem for me.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't really trust peoples charging times on here. Some people just post lies for fun to make people think they got a defective tablet. Like they claim their Nexus 10 is magic or something and can charge from zero to 100% in under 3 hours. Ive tested this on multiple Nexus 10s and always got about 6 hours for a full charge. Some people claim 20% per hour which is absurd because majority of people including myself have testified longer results. I dont round up or down. I Just do controlled test.

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ontop of people giving completely bogus reports, you also have people that don't use the charger and cable that came with it. The charger that came with the Nexus 10 is a 5V 2Amp charger. If you plug the nexus 10 into any lower amp charger it will be much slower. There is also the issue of if USB rapid charging enables. If you have a 5v 2Amp charger and Rapid charging doesn't enable, then it will charge at the slow 500miliamp rate that the usb spec allows.

I have the nexus 10 with the Pogo Charger. I am not completely convinced that it charges any faster with the pogo charger over the included charger. I have also never had issue with it's charge speed. It isn't nearly as fast as my old Xoom was, but how fast do i need it to be when I can charge it overnight.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It isn't nearly as fast as my old Xoom was, but how fast do i need it to be when I can charge it overnight.

The Xoom used a proprietary connector, and a proprietary charger. It is easy to charge fast with proprietary stuff. But proprietary SUCKS!

kokmeng

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Guys,

Do you think the stock charger suitable for Asia usage? I am from Malaysia and I just ordered a Nexus 10. Now, as I read, I am kind of worried the stock charger / adapter will not suit for Asia.

Can someone please enlighten me?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Guys,

Do you think the stock charger suitable for Asia usage? I am from Malaysia and I just ordered a Nexus 10. Now, as I read, I am kind of worried the stock charger / adapter will not suit for Asia.

Can someone please enlighten me?

The stock charger should be fine - it has a range of 100-240V so its ok.

That's correct. You'll probably need an adapter to fit the plugs in country you visit, but the power itself should be fine. The power adapter is a transformer that converts AC to DC (5V), so as long as the AC input of the adapter can handle the output of that country's standard power outlets (and at 100-240V I'm pretty sure it can), you will be OK.

kokmeng

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
That's correct. You'll probably need an adapter to fit the plugs in country you visit, but the power itself should be fine. The power adapter is a transformer that converts AC to DC (5V), so as long as the AC input of the adapter can handle the output of that country's standard power outlets (and at 100-240V I'm pretty sure it can), you will be OK.

Thanks guys for the input. I feel relief now!

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I meant power point... Obviously... :)
It took 21 hours to charge to 100% today...

Still don't know what you mean. As I said in the last post to you, "power point" is MS-Windows presentation software, unless you can elaborate. There is nothing "obvious" about your posting except that if it is taking 21 hours to charge, you are not using the factory charger or something is horribly broken.

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Still don't know what you mean. As I said in the last post to you, "power point" is MS-Windows presentation software, unless you can elaborate. There is nothing "obvious" about your posting except that if it is taking 21 hours to charge, you are not using the factory charger or something is horribly broken.

I'm with crxssi. There is nothing obvious at all about "power point". Google just turns up PowerPoint software. If I search for "power point charger" I get links to Microsoft presentation software and Dodge automobiles.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I suggest you turn the tablet OFF when charging, and see if that makes any difference. As has been pointed out here previously, there are improperly coded apps out there that do not allow the tablet to go into sleep mode. They remain active and consume power at all times. (I posted a link to 13 or so such apps that Verizon had identified a few days ago.) If you have a couple of apps like those running, it is going to take longer to charge your battery than if they were disabled. The easiest way to ensure that your tablet is not consuming power is to turn it off.

livibeck

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
as in.. the power point in the wall... the wall charger? o_O
my tablet has been off, plugged into the wall..... and took 21 hours to get to 100%...

sorry, i honestly have no idea how you dont know what a power point is.... what do you call the thing in the wall where you plug stuff in?! D: :( :eek: