Wow - but not a huge step up over TF700 or iPad 3

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I have been looking for a GOOD multimedia tab. I have the iPad 3, Asus TF700 and now the Nexus 10. Tell ya what, there isn't a lot to choose from in terms of performance or display. The displays on all of them are remarkable. iOS6 is fast and smooth. So is Android on the other two. My preference is for Android, but the iPad has more apps available, so that's a good thing. But for me it's immaterial since my most used apps - Netflix, Kindle, iCircuit - are available on both platforms. Not all my math apps are available both places, but there are equivalents. Kindle on iPad is better in terms of user interface and good looks, but hey, once you're reading it doesn't matter.

Where does the Nexus stand out? REALLY stand out? Sound. It's far and away the best tab out there for watching Netflix on. The sound is good! No bass, but hey, it's a small enclosure. So who would expect that? But for movies and so forth it's great. Voice, sound effects, most music is quite good. I don't want to drag bluetooth speakers around anymore. I am a really happy guy! :)

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Well in terms of cpu score on geekbench the nexus 10 gets 3x the performance of iPad 3 and twice it of the transformer. And also the nexus 10 has twice the ram

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Thats good, but I don't play games on my tabs. I am sure if I did the N10 would clean the others clocks for them. But man, it's a nice media tab! :)

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
My TF700 was frustratingly laggy compared to the buttery N10. No regrets selling it for the N10, I much prefer the UX on the N10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781