Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CynicX
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I use the wireless XBox 360 controller on the Nexus 10

Can I use a wireless XBox 360 controller with the associated wireless USB Gaming Receiver on the Nexus 10? I can find documentation that indicates you can use an XBox controller but it doesn't specify if it is with the wireless gaming receiver or if it is with the corded XBox controller. XBox wireless gaming receiver works with the Nexus 7, does that guarantee that it will work with the Nexus 10?

Thanks in advance
    germina90

Default Re: Can I use the wireless XBox 360 controller on the Nexus 10

You should be able too. I don't have a wireless receiver to check for you though.
    TheNDChief likes this.

Yes, you can use both wireless with adaptor and wired. You may have to alter a file for the wireless adaptor to prevent spinning, which needs rooting but this may have been sorted I will Jellybean by now. Do a quick Google search for android+360 controller, there are plenty of tutorials available.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Will this work with a Playstation 3 controller too?

Quote Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
    Yes.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

sick! I'm thinking this will be good to play Vice City!

Quote Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
    try this:
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

To answer my own question. I purchased the USB Gaming Receiver (and the OTG cable) and was successfully used the xbox controller on the Nexus 10. So YES you can use the wireless xbox controller on the Nexus 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Grant View Post
    To answer my own question. I purchased the USB Gaming Receiver (and the OTG cable) and was successfully used the xbox controller on the Nexus 10. So YES you can use the wireless xbox controller on the Nexus 10.
    So you used this? Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows: Video Games
    Did you have any spinning with controller connected or need to root?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Yes, I used the Amazon receiver. However, I have since run into the spin issue. I was following a tutorial on how to fix the spin issue (that requires root) but it is specific to the Nexus 7. In the Nexus 7 tutorial the directions talk about copying a file with the name vendor_045e_product_0291.kl. Unfortunately this file does not exist in the Nexus 10. Don't know if I can use the Nexus 7 version of this file or if I need to use a different file. Currently looking for a Nexus 10 tutorial fix but have not found anything yet.

O.K. Here is an update. I found a snippet out there that talked about using logcat to see what controller profile was being used. So I used logcat to get the following.

I/EventHub( 385): New device: id=5, fd=323, path='/dev/input/event4', name='Generic X-Box pad', classes=0x80000341, configuration='', keyLayout='/system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl', keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm', builtinKeyboard=false, usingSuspendBlockIoctl=true, usingClockIoctl=true

To which I derived that I needed to copy the Generic.kl instead of my missing vendor_045e_product_0291.kl file. So using the Nexus 7 instructions I copied my Generic.kl to the new Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kl, changed permissions and rebooted my device. Which when all was said and done accomplished nothing. The games that didn't have spin issues before still work as they did and the games that had spin issues still have spin issue.

What I am thinking is that I need to plug in a wired XBox controller and see what file it creates. Then I need to figure out what file to copy it to (but I'm not sure how I am going to do that).

If anyone has answers or suggestions please pass them along.
    Last edited by Jason Grant; 01-06-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Delete