Nexus 10 ship status from Google play store?

nitrorea

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone ordered one from the Google store in the last few days? Status reads "ships in 1-2 weeks", wondering how accurate that is. Review I just read states Google is sold out like Nexus 4.....

FrankTheFrowner

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a 32GB on 12/4 when it said "ships in less than a week". Yesterday, I noticed that my order now says "pre-ordered". Google Play phone rep confirmed that it is out of stock and there's no timeframe for when it will be back in stock. Going to see if I can pick one up at Staples tomorrow and cancel my Google Play order.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
here is what happened to me when i got my Nexus 4. They said it will ship in 2-3 weeks.

I got the email by mid of third week that the phone has shipped. when i opened the UPS tracking it said delivered that day.

It could be same for Nexus 10

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
When I ordered my Nexus on Nov 30, the play store said Ships in 1-2 weeks. I thought great it will fall on my next Credit Card bill. So I ordered a pre-synced 32 Gb. Saturday December 1st I recieved notice my Nexus order shipping label had been printed and was shipping. Moday Dec 3rd the information poplulated in the UPS tracking system. Tuesday Dec 4th it was left by UPS in my front door [That is right No signature required on a $500 piece of equipment].

Things to consider:
It seems to me the 16Gb is more popular
There is no indication as to if Pre-Synching speeds up or slows down the delivery.
it is entirely possible that I placed my order at tail end of the 2 week period just as a new boatload of tablets arrived.
The Nexus 10 is an Awesome Tablet

KneeDragr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I cancelled mine when it changed from 'less than one week' to 'preordered' after that week passed. There are a couple Staples around me that list them in stock, but they are kinda of a PITA to get to in rush hour. Hopefully I will get to one of them Saturday when it opens.

davrow

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been checking the store frequently since placing an order. All it has said is "Pend". Very useless. But the temporary authorization was on my credit card so I know the order was placed. Well I just checked the store (3rd time today) and it now says "Pre-Ordered". And the hold on my credit card is gone. No charge, no hold. I don't like the feedback Google provides. Is my Nexus 10 going to ship, or not? No one seems to know.

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my 32gb one on December 11, and at the time it said it would ship within a week. On my order status it says "Google Inc. received your order." So I'm not sure what exactly that means, because having read some posts in this thread I went to the website to see for myself that it now says it's sold out. So will it ship sometime next week? Or was I forced to pay $13.99 two-day-shipping for no reason at all.

I'm really excited to get mine, I just wish they would update me with something. If I have to end up waiting more than a week, then hopefully they will fix those software issues I keep reading about by the time it comes!

kcad01

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
MaccaBird -

I'm in the same situation. Ordered mine on the 10th, "ships in less than a week". When I click on more information, it said if you haven't received a shipping email within two business days, contact support via phone or email. I emailed and got this response:

Orders are shipped based on the estimate in your order confirmation email. Once an order has been processed you'll receive a second ship confirmation email with your tracking number. It may take 24 hours for the package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.

If you have not received a package tracking number after the time quoted in your order confirmation email, please let us know.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of December 19.

Neuxs 4 backorders: Please note that the above date is based on typical shipment processing and does not apply to Nexus 4 backorders. Nexus 4 backorders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. If you receive a shipping confirmation email, then you will be able to track your delivery.

For more information on shipping and delivery, please see this article in our help center:
Shipping & delivery - Google Play Help.

I specifically asked about the Play Store saying the N10 is sold out. I wanted to know if my order was placed before the sell-out. As you can see, my question was not addressed. I'm guessing this was an automated response.

sitnstew

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Ya, I ordered mine on the 8th and same deal for me. I've emailed and called several times and they are unable to provide any information. They keep claiming to "escalate my issue" but I still have no shipping date or info. Not happy.

davrow

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Update: I got tired of how Google is handling their store so I stopped by Staples on my way to work this morning. Asked "Do you have the Google Nexus 10 tablet in stock"? They said they would check, went in the back room, came out and said "Yes". So I said I'd take one. About 6 minutes from walking in to walking out with Nexus in hand. Longest time was spent saying "No" to their extended service plans!

Happy camper now. It's at home charging while I'm at work, so I still haven't seen it.

edit to add: I'm in San Diego, CA

kcad01

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Checked WalMart on-line and found that my local store had one (at least) in stock. Placed an on-line order for in-store pick up. As soon as I get the email confirming that it is ready to be picked up, I'll be cancelling my order with Google Play and will pick it up on the way home from work. This also saves me the $14.00 for two-day shipping - not to mention the frustration and impatience I've felt up to this point!

FrankTheFrowner

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Went to Staples (the only local store showing any in stock) to try and pick one up this morning but the manager told me he sold the last three about an hour before I got there. Today my 12/4 order still says Pre-Ordered, but the date was changed to 12/14 in my Google Play order history. I just want it before Christmas!

Norman Bates

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 10 ship status - Here's how to get shipping status

I ordered on Dec 4 and never heard a peep out of Google about shipping. So after reading the same from all of you guys, I decided to cancel my order.

Google Play said cancellation failed because the device was enroute!

Want to know the true status of your order? Cancel it.

One would think that Google could figure out customer service by studying Amazon at least.:mad:

rogress

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

I ordered mine on Dec 4, and got an email early this morning (Dec 15) that it has shipped.

silentagenda

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Boy, have I had an adventure with Google/Google Play within the past few days...

To start the story, I placed my order for a Nexus 10 on 4 December. Up until this past Thursday (13 December) it stated that my order was "Pending." The initial e-mail quoted the ship date would be within a week. On 13 December, the status switched to "Pre-Ordered." My reaction was, as expected, "Now, what exactly does that mean?" I ended up calling Google Play support to get a more responsive person (as e-mail swapping is a waste until you make an actual phone call, from my experiences). I was informed that my case/order was 'escalated' and that I'd hear back from the representative whenever she was updated on the case. For some reason or another, another representative decided to finally reply to my original e-mail - he quoted a wait of 2-3 weeks. Absolutely unacceptable.

Thus, I called again (yesterday) asking if the quote time was accurate and if they were absolutely certain, one-hundred percent sure, that I wouldn't see my Nexus 10 within shy of the two week estimate. The tier 1 representative confirmed this, no chance whatsoever. I decided to cancel my order - he directed me to the online form to fill out for cancellations. "Since it's been so long since you've placed the order, there's a chance that the order cannot be cancelled. If that's the case, you'll have to wait for the device to show at your door and refuse it - we will refund the total cost of the device from your card within forty-eight hours." This, too, wasn't what I wanted to deal with. I had seen that Wal-Mart had stock online and had estimated their delivery (rush shipment) would be by Tuesday - so, figured I'd go that route instead.

Yet, the cancellation wouldn't go through. We sat there for about 20 minutes (which, according to Google Play, should inform you as to whether or not its been cancelled within that time frame) waiting for confirmation until I came up with yet *another* idea. "If I removed all of my payment options from Google Wallet, would the billing system still be capable of charging my debit card for the Nexus 10 device?" Representative confirmed that if all payment options were removed at the time of Google Play attempting to charge you for the device that it would automatically reject the billing method altogether. The problem with this was: I'd have to wait about eight weeks, they said, to add any payment methods to my Google Wallet again - therefore, would have to wait that long to purchase apps/books/movies from the Play Store. This is because the Google Play billing system will attempt to bill (and ship) your order up to a week and a half of its first attempt.

I decided, in the end, to wait for Google Play; rather than to tie up my debit card for two separate devices (when I only have the need for one). Went to sleep four hours ago (from current time of 07:17) and woke up to find an e-mail from Google Play with a UPS tracking number, stating that my order was shipped. ... Sadly, that's probably the *only* device I'll ever order from Google Play any time soon...

FrankTheFrowner

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site

Got a shipping confirmation this morning. So after all the mystery and[BOX][/BOX] Google not being able to provide a solid answer -- it shipped 4 days later than originally quoted. It amazes me that Google can't come up with a storefront system that can handle the volume of people wanting to order (i.e. Nexus 4) and then have such a strange confirmation/status system.

Norman Bates

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

After trying to cancel last night, I got the shipping notice early this morning. But...the tracking number is no good, or at least the UPS site says it can't locate the number. So, I'm still in limbo as to my order.

My next device will come from a real store instead of Google Play.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000