Nexus 10 ship status from Google play store?
12-18-2012 05:52 PM
- I ordered a 32GB on 12/4 when it said "ships in less than a week". Yesterday, I noticed that my order now says "pre-ordered". Google Play phone rep confirmed that it is out of stock and there's no timeframe for when it will be back in stock. Going to see if I can pick one up at Staples tomorrow and cancel my Google Play order.12-13-2012 08:58 AM
- When I ordered my Nexus on Nov 30, the play store said Ships in 1-2 weeks. I thought great it will fall on my next Credit Card bill. So I ordered a pre-synced 32 Gb. Saturday December 1st I recieved notice my Nexus order shipping label had been printed and was shipping. Moday Dec 3rd the information poplulated in the UPS tracking system. Tuesday Dec 4th it was left by UPS in my front door [That is right No signature required on a $500 piece of equipment].
Things to consider:
It seems to me the 16Gb is more popular
There is no indication as to if Pre-Synching speeds up or slows down the delivery.
it is entirely possible that I placed my order at tail end of the 2 week period just as a new boatload of tablets arrived.
The Nexus 10 is an Awesome Tablet12-13-2012 10:23 AM
- I cancelled mine when it changed from 'less than one week' to 'preordered' after that week passed. There are a couple Staples around me that list them in stock, but they are kinda of a PITA to get to in rush hour. Hopefully I will get to one of them Saturday when it opens.12-13-2012 12:27 PM
- I've been checking the store frequently since placing an order. All it has said is "Pend". Very useless. But the temporary authorization was on my credit card so I know the order was placed. Well I just checked the store (3rd time today) and it now says "Pre-Ordered". And the hold on my credit card is gone. No charge, no hold. I don't like the feedback Google provides. Is my Nexus 10 going to ship, or not? No one seems to know.12-13-2012 04:58 PM
- I ordered my 32gb one on December 11, and at the time it said it would ship within a week. On my order status it says "Google Inc. received your order." So I'm not sure what exactly that means, because having read some posts in this thread I went to the website to see for myself that it now says it's sold out. So will it ship sometime next week? Or was I forced to pay $13.99 two-day-shipping for no reason at all.
I'm really excited to get mine, I just wish they would update me with something. If I have to end up waiting more than a week, then hopefully they will fix those software issues I keep reading about by the time it comes!12-13-2012 09:19 PM
- MaccaBird -
I'm in the same situation. Ordered mine on the 10th, "ships in less than a week". When I click on more information, it said if you haven't received a shipping email within two business days, contact support via phone or email. I emailed and got this response:
Orders are shipped based on the estimate in your order confirmation email. Once an order has been processed you'll receive a second ship confirmation email with your tracking number. It may take 24 hours for the package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.
If you have not received a package tracking number after the time quoted in your order confirmation email, please let us know.
According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of December 19.
Neuxs 4 backorders: Please note that the above date is based on typical shipment processing and does not apply to Nexus 4 backorders. Nexus 4 backorders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. If you receive a shipping confirmation email, then you will be able to track your delivery.
For more information on shipping and delivery, please see this article in our help center:
Shipping & delivery - Google Play Help.
I specifically asked about the Play Store saying the N10 is sold out. I wanted to know if my order was placed before the sell-out. As you can see, my question was not addressed. I'm guessing this was an automated response.12-14-2012 10:59 AM
- Update: I got tired of how Google is handling their store so I stopped by Staples on my way to work this morning. Asked "Do you have the Google Nexus 10 tablet in stock"? They said they would check, went in the back room, came out and said "Yes". So I said I'd take one. About 6 minutes from walking in to walking out with Nexus in hand. Longest time was spent saying "No" to their extended service plans!
Happy camper now. It's at home charging while I'm at work, so I still haven't seen it.
edit to add: I'm in San Diego, CA12-14-2012 02:57 PM
- Checked WalMart on-line and found that my local store had one (at least) in stock. Placed an on-line order for in-store pick up. As soon as I get the email confirming that it is ready to be picked up, I'll be cancelling my order with Google Play and will pick it up on the way home from work. This also saves me the $14.00 for two-day shipping - not to mention the frustration and impatience I've felt up to this point!12-14-2012 03:49 PM
- Went to Staples (the only local store showing any in stock) to try and pick one up this morning but the manager told me he sold the last three about an hour before I got there. Today my 12/4 order still says Pre-Ordered, but the date was changed to 12/14 in my Google Play order history. I just want it before Christmas!12-14-2012 10:35 PM
- I ordered on Dec 4 and never heard a peep out of Google about shipping. So after reading the same from all of you guys, I decided to cancel my order.
Google Play said cancellation failed because the device was enroute!
Want to know the true status of your order? Cancel it.
One would think that Google could figure out customer service by studying Amazon at least.12-14-2012 11:28 PM
- Boy, have I had an adventure with Google/Google Play within the past few days...
To start the story, I placed my order for a Nexus 10 on 4 December. Up until this past Thursday (13 December) it stated that my order was "Pending." The initial e-mail quoted the ship date would be within a week. On 13 December, the status switched to "Pre-Ordered." My reaction was, as expected, "Now, what exactly does that mean?" I ended up calling Google Play support to get a more responsive person (as e-mail swapping is a waste until you make an actual phone call, from my experiences). I was informed that my case/order was 'escalated' and that I'd hear back from the representative whenever she was updated on the case. For some reason or another, another representative decided to finally reply to my original e-mail - he quoted a wait of 2-3 weeks. Absolutely unacceptable.
Thus, I called again (yesterday) asking if the quote time was accurate and if they were absolutely certain, one-hundred percent sure, that I wouldn't see my Nexus 10 within shy of the two week estimate. The tier 1 representative confirmed this, no chance whatsoever. I decided to cancel my order - he directed me to the online form to fill out for cancellations. "Since it's been so long since you've placed the order, there's a chance that the order cannot be cancelled. If that's the case, you'll have to wait for the device to show at your door and refuse it - we will refund the total cost of the device from your card within forty-eight hours." This, too, wasn't what I wanted to deal with. I had seen that Wal-Mart had stock online and had estimated their delivery (rush shipment) would be by Tuesday - so, figured I'd go that route instead.
Yet, the cancellation wouldn't go through. We sat there for about 20 minutes (which, according to Google Play, should inform you as to whether or not its been cancelled within that time frame) waiting for confirmation until I came up with yet *another* idea. "If I removed all of my payment options from Google Wallet, would the billing system still be capable of charging my debit card for the Nexus 10 device?" Representative confirmed that if all payment options were removed at the time of Google Play attempting to charge you for the device that it would automatically reject the billing method altogether. The problem with this was: I'd have to wait about eight weeks, they said, to add any payment methods to my Google Wallet again - therefore, would have to wait that long to purchase apps/books/movies from the Play Store. This is because the Google Play billing system will attempt to bill (and ship) your order up to a week and a half of its first attempt.
I decided, in the end, to wait for Google Play; rather than to tie up my debit card for two separate devices (when I only have the need for one). Went to sleep four hours ago (from current time of 07:17) and woke up to find an e-mail from Google Play with a UPS tracking number, stating that my order was shipped. ... Sadly, that's probably the *only* device I'll ever order from Google Play any time soon...12-15-2012 06:17 AM
- Got a shipping confirmation this morning. So after all the mystery and[BOX][/BOX] Google not being able to provide a solid answer -- it shipped 4 days later than originally quoted. It amazes me that Google can't come up with a storefront system that can handle the volume of people wanting to order (i.e. Nexus 4) and then have such a strange confirmation/status system.12-15-2012 07:37 AM
- After trying to cancel last night, I got the shipping notice early this morning. But...the tracking number is no good, or at least the UPS site says it can't locate the number. So, I'm still in limbo as to my order.
My next device will come from a real store instead of Google Play.12-15-2012 08:34 AM
- That's currently the state that I'm in - yet, you have to take in consideration that most tracking numbers aren't immediately able to be used for UPS tracking service.
Chances are, they've created the label and slapped it on a device but it hasn't been moved yet. ... or at least, I'm hoping that's the case. >.>;
Note: Google Play states that tracking numbers most likely won't work until 24 hours after the confirmation e-mail. I'm trying to have some faith in Google Play (even though I've had more trouble out of them than *any* location I've shopped: online or offline).
Update: I've just used my tracking number again (out of curiosity) - apparently, it's being shipped from Louisville, KY.12-15-2012 09:09 AMLike 1
- I stated earlier that I had ordered a second N10 online at Walmart. Once I received confirmation that it was available for pick-up, I was going to cancel the one on order with Google. Well, instead of a pickup confirmation, I got a delayed order notification. The next day, I happened to be in the area, so I stopped in at Walmart to see if the order had gone through. To my surprise, there was one on the shelf, so I bought it and went home to cancel the others. I logged into my email to find that for the one at Walmart had been canceled because they were out of stock. The email predated my purchase. I then canceled my Google purchase. Bottom line, I have been using my N10 for two days now and I love it. I am having the lockup problem that others have reported though. Hopefully, there will be an update correcting it soon.12-16-2012 10:07 AM
- Google Hardware, Services & Apps
- More Google Devices & Services
- Google Nexus 10 Tablet
Nexus 10 ship status from Google play store?
- By helspawn in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 12Last Post: 12-19-2016, 03:55 AM
- By Neb213 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 11Last Post: 05-19-2016, 12:54 PM
- By _EPG_ in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 6Last Post: 07-12-2013, 03:15 PM
- By vijrtk in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 18Last Post: 11-27-2012, 06:04 PM
- By Maynard in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 6Last Post: 03-28-2012, 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD