Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nexus 10 battery

I am at 33% battery life and only been using nexus 10 for a little under 2 hours is this normal it was at 100% when I started

Default Re: nexus 10 battery

not normal. i used nexus 10 for 3 hours and only drain 28%. with idle for 11 hours it only lost 1%

Quote Originally Posted by Keith j View Post
    I am at 33% battery life and only been using nexus 10 for a little under 2 hours is this normal it was at 100% when I started
    What exactly were you doing on the tablet? If you were watching a movie at full brightness I could maybe see that amount of battery drain. If you were just browsing the web then that's definitely not normal.

Its not impossible to make that happen but its by no means normal. I can get around 8 hours of screen on time before it dies, I usually keep the screen on its lowest brightness though.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Watching a movie and a liitle browsing on the net I could almost watch it drain. Brightness was at 50%.

Remember the button on middle bottom right is actually active tasks, not recent apps so close unwanted apps and use your tablet obsessively for a few days to break in the battery after a few days my battery life improved by 60% also make sure its updated to newest version of android to fix any known bugs
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Sent it back waiting on the replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    Remember the button on middle bottom right is actually active tasks, not recent apps so close unwanted apps and use your tablet obsessively for a few days to break in the battery after a few days my battery life improved by 60% also make sure its updated to newest version of android to fix any known bugs
    If that was true then I should be able to click that 2 stacked windows button that's to the right of the home button, note the apps, then in the Settings app find them under Running apps. But that's not the case, so I don't think what you're saying is correct; rather than active I'd say suspended or recently suspended, and those use very little, if any, power.

Quote Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
    If that was true then I should be able to click that 2 stacked windows button that's to the right of the home button, note the apps, then in the Settings app find them under Running apps. But that's not the case, so I don't think what you're saying is correct; rather than active I'd say suspended or recently suspended, and those use very little, if any, power.
    I take that back; under runnung apps there's a show cached processes, and that says it's running. I still believe that they're suspended like ctl-z on unix, meaning they're occupying ram memory but not running. If my memory is correct the underlying o/s for android is linux.

Check under battery to see where battery drain is coming from

Hi,

I typically get around 5 hours of screen time before my battery runs out. My brightness is set to around 20-30% and I watch a lot of online streaming videos during this period and push it to my HDTV. Is this what one normally gets or is there a problem with my battery?

nexus 10 battery-uploadfromtaptalk1355228906844.jpg

nexus 10 battery-uploadfromtaptalk1355228931898.jpg

Appreciate your response and help.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I believe I saw in another thread that a screen standby app would turn off the screen during HDMI out and save battery that way. I tried a quick search of the play store and the app I found needs root. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Well guys got my new nexus 10 and the first one was definitely a bad one battery life out of the box is great the screen does not have the light bleed around the edges and it looks great.

I'm not sure how to rate my battery, I thought it was OK but to me doesn't seem to last that long, at times I'm sure that it can drop more than 10% just general web browsing, I'm now on 25% after 1day 6hours, screen brightness about 30%. What's the best way to monitor your battery drain? Think I may keep a close eye on it after the next full charge. I've attached some screen shots of my current battery usage.

Cheers guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nexus 10 battery-screenshot_2012-12-13-19-10-55.jpg   nexus 10 battery-screenshot_2012-12-13-19-11-02.jpg  
    Keith j likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeArSix View Post
    What exactly were you doing on the tablet? If you were watching a movie at full brightness I could maybe see that amount of battery drain. If you were just browsing the web then that's definitely not normal.
    Watching a movie, even at full brightness, shouldn't be able to drain the battery in 3 hours unless Android 4.2/Nexus 10 has serious battery issues. To be honest, nothing should be able to drain it that fast.

via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kookas View Post
    Watching a movie, even at full brightness, shouldn't be able to drain the battery in 3 hours unless Android 4.2/Nexus 10 has serious battery issues. To be honest, nothing should be able to drain it that fast.

via Tapatalk
    Yes even glbenchmark on its highest battery test level with 100% brightness takes 3 1/2 hours, and that is designed to kill the battery.

Keith,

How long did it take to get your replacement??? I've done all I could with this battery...It doesn't actually charge completely overnight and drains excessively just surfing..Got it for Christmas but just had knee surgery and I'd hate to be without it....

Thanks,
    Marc

Hello, mine use about 10% battery each hour at the lowest brighness and only surfing the web. Do you all think it's normal or not? Also, yesterday I charged the battery from 14% to 94% in 4h30... I heard it is supposed to be charged completely in 3 or 4 hours only... Is my battery and charge time ok? Although it is only my 2nd charge and I heard it should get better with time...
    Sent from my Nexus 10

I got my nexus 10 from CeX 10 days ago. I notice the usb part that connects to the tablet feels loose & doesn't slot in like how a charger with a mobile feels secure, is this normal?
    1st charged it from 15%-100% it took maybe 12 hours or more. The 2nd time charged it from 25%-100% it took 9 hours & change.
    Installed the update. Two hours on battery & it's down to 73%. It went from 84% to 77% battery in 50 minutes.
    Bluetooth, GPS etc are off the screen brightness is down to 0/slider is to the left side. Played angry birds for about 20 minutes, watched ice age for about 10 minutes & the rest is surfing the net.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

I think that the USB connection is the most fragile and failure prone part on the tablet. Sounds like you may have gotten a defective tablet. I would get a replacement. Also, consider getting the pogo charging cable.

Yeah thanks, I discovered that the usb part that connects to the tablet is damaged & have been using my htc cable to charge it instead. Will have to invest in another cable & the pogo charger.

When does the timer start running? for the battery? I charged the whole night last night then unplugged it around 7Am this morning.Now its 5PM in the afternoon and the battery usage says its been running for 11 hours

so when does the timer start running? is it when you unplug the charger or when the battery becomes full does the timer for the battery usage starts ticking?
    please clarify thanks guys
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post
    When does the timer start running? for the battery? I charged the whole night last night then unplugged it around 7Am this morning.Now its 5PM in the afternoon and the battery usage says its been running for 11 hours

so when does the timer start running? is it when you unplug the charger or when the battery becomes full does the timer for the battery usage starts ticking?
    It is supposed to be when it is unplugged. Not sure how/why you got 11 hours instead of 10.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

It's supposed to start a few seconds after you plug the charger in.

Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    It is supposed to be when it is unplugged. Not sure how/why you got 11 hours instead of 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    It's supposed to start a few seconds after you plug the charger in.
    I've never been able to figure this one out... I had always assumed it started when you unplugged from charger, as it says "xx time on battery", however there have definitely been times when I've plugged my phone/tablet in for a short amount of time for a partial charge when the timer didn't reset, so I wondered if it had to be a full charge, but apparently that's not the case either...

What I've found is that as long as I've had it plugged in for a substantial amount of time, it will reset the timer a few seconds after I unplug it. I'm not sure how much time is "substantial", but I know that, for example, a 20-minute charge doesn't always reset the timer for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast