Chrome crashed again!

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I know there is a topic already, but it's so frustrating when someone says chrome works and it doesn't.
Back to dolphin until someone finds something better.
How can chrome not work on its own flagship google tablet?
Ridiculous.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I use Chrome exclusively and never had a problem. There are something's I don't like about, mostly lag but never crashes....

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me this morning:

• In Twitter, clicked external link
  • Chrome launched and subsequently froze
  • Tablet unresponsive, hit the power button & N10 turns off the screen
  • Hit the power button once, nothing happened... waited for ~90 seconds
  • Next thing to appear on the screen was the "X" as it rebooted

:-\

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My N10 arrived the Monday following launch day. I use it as my primary computing device, which is a lot! I have to charge it daily. It has crashed about 5 times in total. But only while Chrome was on the screen 2 times. 2 times while using QuickOfficePro & once while using the Kindle reader app. It hasn't crashed at all for the last 5 days. Being how much I use it & how fast it reboots I don't think its a problem. Especially considering my friend that has a Transformer Prime has a crash a few times per day since he got his several months ago.

Last edited:

dunxs1

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me this morning:

• In Twitter, clicked external link
  • Chrome launched and subsequently froze
  • Tablet unresponsive, hit the power button & N10 turns off the screen
  • Hit the power button once, nothing happened... waited for ~90 seconds
  • Next thing to appear on the screen was the "X" as it rebooted

:-\

Mine's done the same several times over the last couple of days, maybe a software update from Google will sort the problem soon?

Last edited:

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The update to 4.2.1 has been nothing but trouble for all my nexus devices. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the crashing is related to this since it always ends in a reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Doxcyguy617

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have daily crashes where the device freezes and I have to do a hard reboot. Hoping this is a firmware or OS issue that can be directed in a soon to be future release.

It is really frustrating. I can count on one hand the number of times my various iPads have frozen badly requiring a hard reboot. But my N10 has replaced my iPad 4 as my daily driver. :D

mstraw9379

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Played with the display unit at my local Staples. The thing reset no less than 4 times in 15 minutes.
Not sure if that one just had issues or if it was the theft device they had that was right over the power button.

Happened once when I touched the screen for the first time. Twice on youtube and once on Angry Birds.

I'm interested in this tablet, but not if it shuts off every few minutes.

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
It is not that bad
Just a minor issue every now and then that will get fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine freezes/crashes on YouTube and all other online stuff, does not matter if I'm using Chrome or not.

Cheers
Davyo

D Mac

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine crashes ~3 times a day. Usually in chrome, but today also in the Market and Currents (all 3 are official Google Apps coincidentally).

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My guess is the display unit has something wrong or it is the wire you mentioned.

I've had mine over a week and had 3 crashes in total. 2 in chrome and the other I honestly can't remember. This Morning I had "lock up" in Firefox but I blame that on flash [full screened a video the tried to go back before it was done playing] and was able to recover by ending the task via recent apps.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It has crashed twice since I posted this. only Chrome is open. Only 1 tab is open.

App conflict? Have you tried a restore? I'd return it if that doesn't work.

My has crashed but MAYBE 3 times since I got in on Nov 23rd and I use it a lot pretty much a computer replacement for most stuff. I'm on it now....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol