How can i tell if my Nexus 10 is defective?

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I had a feeling for the last 2 days that i had this tablet that is defective. The upper left side of the back warms up during any high graphic games or watching movies at 1080p at maximum brightness. Plus I'm getting some noticeable battery drain. Like playing Dead Trigger at maximum brightness and maximum graphics for 10 minutes give gives me 5 -7% battery drain. (I tested twice) facebook at maximum brightness for 5 minutes is 2% drain. So far thats my best battery life, possibly cause media server seemed to drop like 18%. But usually i get more battery drain. Can someone perform these same test and tell me what you experience. I called google and told him it got warm in that place and had battery drain but didn't give him any info really so he just assumed detective. I know this is alot to ask but paranoid nerd + new tablet = sleepless nights.
AnTuTu battery test score 536

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you just got the tablet.

The back getting warm is perfectly normal. This occurs mostly when there is a significant CPU/GPU/Chipset load, such as playing games or watching video- things that keep the system busy continuously. There are no fans in a tablet, so the heat is sinked to the outer case. The N10 has a very high performance CPU, so I have noticed it gets a bit hotter than my old Xoom did.

Your battery life sounds normal, especially if the tablet has not been fully charged and depleted and recharged several times yet.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure? It really doesn't take long to heat up that spot. I can get it warm in 4 to 7 minute with only one movie or game running and thats not even with maximum brightness. I wouldn't describe it as hot but as like warm water from the faucet warm. Did you do any battery test on yours, if you did can i get some results. Btw if anything i type sounds mean don't take it wrong, it's just my writing skills and tablet paranoia are bad

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine heats up in the same spot. I can also kill the battery pretty quick on maximum brightness. However I find that setting so bright I'd never actually use it there. I usually keep it on its minimum setting because where I use it is fairly dark....

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Well i don't really ever use the maximum brightness. I just find doing a battery test would be accurate at maximum because there is no guarantee that someone would have their settings at the exact level as mine for a compare. I did a battery test on mine and it maxed my Cpu for 3 or something hours. And i got about 4 hours maybe alittle more. Btw screen stays on for the test. AnTuTu battery test.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure? It really doesn't take long to heat up that spot. I can get it warm in 4 to 7 minute with only one movie or game running and thats not even with maximum brightness. I wouldn't describe it as hot but as like warm water from the faucet warm. Did you do any battery test on yours, if you did can i get some results. Btw if anything i type sounds mean don't take it wrong, it's just my writing skills and tablet paranoia are bad

I am sure too. its normal. Nexus 10 is capable device. but playing high end games will warm up the device a bit.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure? It really doesn't take long to heat up that spot. I can get it warm in 4 to 7 minute with only one movie or game running and thats not even with maximum brightness.

Yep, I am sure. That is absolutely normal.

I also agree with CynicX- I have yet to use maximum brightness because it is just so bright... and the backlight on tablets and phones is the #1 power draw (with normal use).

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. I really like my Nexus 10 now. Its fast and almost never lags. Kind of wish google would have sold this at $650 instead with 64gb, super Amoled screen, bigger battery, enhanced upscaling and at 2ghz. Would have been a dream then. I guess I'll have to sell my Nexus 10 in October when Samsung releases something that crushes this. Btw can someone tell me if the rumors are true that you can't resell nexus devices on craigslist? Also can someone give me suggestions of some really high graphic Nexus 10 games thats a great bang for your buck. I have Dead Trigger and A Bard's Tale both at max graphics but i still have play store gift cards.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey i have a question about the speakers. It looks like the speakers are suppose to be the whole sides of the tablet but sound only comes out of the top left and right. Is the rest just for show?

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. I really like my Nexus 10 now. Its fast and almost never lags. Kind of wish google would have sold this at $650 instead with 64gb,

Ug- 32BG of additional storage would cost about $20 for them to add. I do wish they had a 64GB option for maybe $50 more, not $150 more!

super Amoled screen,

Why??? Amoled is *not* desirable. It would use more power, have worse color reproduction, and most tech has it being less sharp.

bigger battery, enhanced upscaling and at 2ghz.

I think the battery is fine- no need for yet more weight and cost. And performance- nobody is probably touching what we have, so I don't think there is a need for 2Ghz.

Btw can someone tell me if the rumors are true that you can't resell nexus devices on craigslist?

You can sell a Nexus device using any method you choose. It is no different than selling any other tech device.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey i have a question about the speakers. It looks like the speakers are suppose to be the whole sides of the tablet but sound only comes out of the top left and right. Is the rest just for show?

The rest is just for show.

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine is 2 hrs old and I'm coming from a galaxy tab 10.1. It got hot in the same place. I played nova 3 for 30 minutes and the nexus got just as hot

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Ug- 32BG of additional storage would cost about $20 for them to add. I do wish they had a 64GB option for maybe $50 more, not $150 more!

Why??? Amoled is *not* desirable. It would use more power, have worse color reproduction, and most tech has it being less sharp.

I think the battery is fine- no need for yet more weight and cost. And performance- nobody is probably touching what we have, so I don't think there is a need for 2Ghz.

You can sell a Nexus device using any method you choose. It is no different than selling any other tech device.

- - - Updated - - -

The rest is just for show.

I ment to say Super AMOLED Plus HD which the offer brighter, more colorfull screens that use less power. And i said 2ghz is because when the enxyos 5 was announce they said it could get up to 2ghz. I just like to get all that it could offer me. and i would like the bigger battery because i heavily use my tablet. I havent even looked at my flat screen for days. So the increase price would be because of mainly screen price and battery. Oh yeah put some psp joysticks on the bezel and some physical game buttons would make games a treat. But they can't ever make a perfect tablet cause they wouldnt have anything to release next year.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Well maybe lcd is brighter but super amoled plus hd is really effin bright but uses about 20% less power than the nexus 10 with more vivid colors. And since it not backlight, no light bleeds. But they are so expensive to make so that why i guessed such a high price. And do you think samsung will release a tablet in october. I totally think they will because it will really stick it to apple and they already had the design patients. it would have have to be a psp style joystick though. Plus tablet games have gotten better. Ps: A Bards Tale on max graphics will blow your mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781