Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Nexus 10 wireless issues

In a related question; should I tell my wireless page to forget all my neighbours' secured networks as I'll never be able to use them and a lot of time seems to be spent scanning them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper1087 View Post
    OK I know is not the router my phone has no issues and like I said it works once I restart the device airplane mode works but I have to leave it there for a while, the problem is when I move from home to work loses connection and stays obtaining IP address or authenticating, but I know my router is fine because everything else connects fine, my PC, my 3 laptops, my roku and 3 phones so is definitely the tablet my concern is it the software or hardware.
    You've probably solved your problem by now but I was concerned that it was the fault of my Nexus when it kept dropping the WiFi. I had no problems with the phones and laptops in the house. But it seems it was the router and an upgrade has sorted it out. I hope
    It's still a mystery why it worked fine for 10 days. . .

Global Posts
    1,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

took the plunge and bought a 32gb tonight,
    returned it 20 minutes later when i couldn't connect to my home network--though my gnex & laptop connected fine.
    new 32gb from the store Also Can Not connect to the router; power cycled the router, even took off WEP security, still no-go.
    gonna take it to work tomorrow and try connecting to that wifi to see if it is just my router at home.

i swear. i really wanted this tablet but lack of wifi is a deal breaker. here's hoping the fix is a no-brainer.

Yes it happens to me too. It connects briefly and then loses it.

Quote Originally Posted by sweethoni View Post
    Yes it happens to me too. It connects briefly and then loses it.
    what type of wifi router do you have? is it set with MAC filtering on? how many devices are connected to it at the same time?
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

Quote Originally Posted by project.in.process View Post
    took the plunge and bought a 32gb tonight,
    returned it 20 minutes later when i couldn't connect to my home network--though my gnex & laptop connected fine.
    new 32gb from the store Also Can Not connect to the router; power cycled the router, even took off WEP security, still no-go.
    gonna take it to work tomorrow and try connecting to that wifi to see if it is just my router at home.

i swear. i really wanted this tablet but lack of wifi is a deal breaker. here's hoping the fix is a no-brainer.
    Don't use wep. It is pretty easy to crack. Try WPA personal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Our N10 has been dropping the internet connection many times a day for months now. I have tried all the fixes I could find in this thread and others, but it seemed to be a problem with my Netgear 3700v2 router, as the N10 didn't have any problem with a cheap router we use when traveling. Well, two days a go I ran across a recommendation for the app "WiFi Fixer", and that has solved my problem. Yes, it uses resources but frankly I was out of ideas for fixing this, short of getting a new router which some recommend.

I will say re-reading this entire thread I couldn't remember if I had tried the 5mhz channel idea, as mine was on the 2.4mhz, so I just switched it over but I'm keeping Fixer running as this is the spouses tablet, and when she's unhappy, well, you know the rest!

Hello. It happens the same to me, my tablet Nexus 10 discconects continously. It is really annoying. Google is not replacing my device as they give new difficulties in every step to order the repacement. This is very frustating, totally impossible to fight against Google.

I guess I am a lucky one here... I got my Nexus 10 a few days ago & have had no Wi Fi problems at all, All is still good after upgrading to 4.3 also

Quote Originally Posted by LauraMontserratPerezLopez View Post
    Hello. It happens the same to me, my tablet Nexus 10 discconects continously. It is really annoying. Google is not replacing my device as they give new difficulties in every step to order the repacement. This is very frustating, totally impossible to fight against Google.
    could you elaborate on what kind hassles you are getting from google? Also did youbuy your N10 directly from Google or a 3rd party?
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

Awesome! This worked for me!

Cool Re: Nexus 10 wireless issues

Had this problem tied different suggestions from forums but at the end I downloaded WiFi Manager (I think the most popular in Google Play store) and since then wifi stays connected. Let me know if this is only a single case.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123