modem speed nexus 10

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to watch a Google Play movie on my television and feed it with the Nexus 10.

The Nexus 10 modem could not keep enough speed to deliver in HD.

I download a speed test app and see that I am only getting download at speed of about 5kmbit/second on my Nexus 10.

I went to my laptop/PC and ran a speed test and saw 15mbit/second.

PC test and Nexus test done side by side in my apartment, same home network, same home modem.

Can anyone tell me what should I have expected from the Nexus 10? Has anyone else done a side by side speed test N10 vs. laptop?

PC

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Very interesting. I never had an issue but I just tried speed test app....

Best of 5 test Nexus 10:

Download : 4.03 mbps
Upload : 8.03 Mbps

Best of 5 iPhone 4S

Download : 17.80 Mbps
Upload : 13.37

I tried to run the app on my Xoom but it crashes every time....but it does appear my N10 is significantly slower on WiFi then it should be.

D Mac

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
All using the same Speedtest.net app. All in the same location.

Tried all twice alternating between devices:

Nexus 10: 25335 kbps then 26723 kbps
Nexus 7: 21818 kbps then 24033 kbps
One V: 9847 kbps then 10031 kbps

So based on my tests my Nexus 10 is the best (and my One V sucks).

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I use my N10 to stream movies often, sometimes connected to my TV. I have 20 mega bit DSL for my home network. I don't ever have any issues with my N10 not keeping up.

Just ran 5 speed tests with my N10 on my home network & 5 with it hooked up to my Droid 4 via WiFi using Foxfi app.

Home average: 9.8 down 8.4 up. This was while my son is streaming a Netflix movie on his laptop & my other son is playing on Xbox live.

WiFi tether to D4 average: 16.3 down 11.6 up. No other activity going on on the D4.

I have full bars on the WiFi meter on the N10 for both of these tests.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Note what (where) server speedtest.net is using. For me, living in the San Francisco bay area, it chose Vancouver (!?). Ideally I think one would want to run the speedtest.net server on their home pc, then you could see your local wireless speeds; probably not easy to set up. The other ideal would be to test it against the server you're downloading from, but they're not likely running the speedtest.net server.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a mimo router and charter speed boost. My speeds are between 40 to 46 download even know i have 30mb internet. Got into settings in the speed test app and move the marker all the way to performance to get the best results.

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to watch a Google Play movie on my television and feed it with the Nexus 10.

The Nexus 10 modem could not keep enough speed to deliver in HD.

I download a speed test app and see that I am only getting download at speed of about 5kmbit/second on my Nexus 10.

I went to my laptop/PC and ran a speed test and saw 15mbit/second.

PC test and Nexus test done side by side in my apartment, same home network, same home modem.

Can anyone tell me what should I have expected from the Nexus 10? Has anyone else done a side by side speed test N10 vs. laptop?

PC
Hi
I try to play some Netflix today it was looking digitized on my tablet. I try the same on my PC looked fine. ,,
I don't know what's the issue is because I have no problem browsing the net,
My old Acer tablet had no problem with Netflix...

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a mimo router and charter speed boost. My speeds are between 40 to 46 download even know i have 30mb internet. Got into settings in the speed test app and move the marker all the way to performance to get the best results.

Move what market ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1