POGO charging cable is available for sale soon!!!

kcad01

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
jstevenkim (seller of pogo cable) was on here (and XDA) touting the sale of this item - I wonder why he hasn't been back to reassure everyone that everything is fine. I did not order one, but wanted to. Someone else questioned why it was on Ebay only and not Amazon also (as jstevenkim said it would be). Honestly, that is the only reason I didn't order one right away. I'm not saying he isn't legit. I'm just going to wait until people who ordered them actually receive and review them. Then I will order one (should his listing reappear).

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
jstevenkim (seller of pogo cable) was on here (and XDA) touting the sale of this item - I wonder why he hasn't been back to reassure everyone that everything is fine. I did not order one, but wanted to. Someone else questioned why it was on Ebay only and not Amazon also (as jstevenkim said it would be). Honestly, that is the only reason I didn't order one right away. I'm not saying he isn't legit. I'm just going to wait until people who ordered them actually receive and review them. Then I will order one (should his listing reappear).

Same here, the only reason I didn't get one was the fact it wasn't on Amazon.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered one and got his correspondence yesterday through ebay. Hopefully these will all be shipped and work fine, BUT this whole thing looks a little "fishy"!
(And I am surprised that the seller has not been back on this thread.)

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
While I freely admit I didn't order because "an ounce of caution is worth a pund of cure", I think we should remember the seller is 'innocent until proven guilty'. Lets give him a chance to fufill their orders or refund the money.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick questio guys....
Why you need a pogo charger? I mean we already have a usb cable and ac adapter to charge with.....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick questio guys....
Why you need a pogo charger? I mean we already have a usb cable and ac adapter to charge with.....

1) It charges faster than the microUSB spec will allow.
2) It connects more quickly.
3) It is damage-proof if cord is tripped or yanked.
4) Saves wear on microUSB port.
5) Allows charging while also using microUSB for data at the same time.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
1) It charges faster than the microUSB spec will allow.

Thanks crxssi! I should buy it later. Is there any other use for the pogo pins on the Nexus 10 other than charging?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
If you are going to get this pogo charger, just be warned that this guy is very suspicious. Posted on XDA-Developers as well and he states that he is a supplier for S in Korea (implying Samsung but legally would not be liable for damages because he never said it). While I don't think the cable can damage your device, it might be a $20 dud.

I reached out to the seller and this is the respond I got.

We are shipping out your order today (around 30th Dec 11:30 pm PST) from Korea
so we can give you the tracking number about 6 hours later after shipping.
Sorry for late delivery and thank you for your patient.
By the way, Could you close the case that you opened, please? We are having trouble with ebay resolution center.
If you do that for us, we very appreciate you.
Thank you again and happy new year~!!^^

So he is all good so far ,looking forward to get my cable!

goodburner

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow so this thing takes more time to charge than the microUSB and people are still wanting to buy it? It sounds lame to me. They said it would charge the device twice as fast before but it seems it takes an hour to charge upto 20% which is still slow as hell. I'm passing thank you

Nexus10 Pogo Cable - YouTube

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Wow so this thing takes more time to charge than the microUSB
That is not what their claims are- they are saying it is 20% faster. They NEVER made any claim it would charge twice as fast, ever.

Will be interesting to see what Google EVER comes out with, maybe...

goodburner

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
That is not what their claims are- they are saying it is 20% faster. They NEVER made any claim it would charge twice as fast, ever.

Will be interesting to see what Google EVER comes out with, maybe...

20% faster? According to the video, it takes about one hour to reach 20%, which is the same as what the micro USB achieves, if not less. Any sources on where it's reported to be 20% faster? It still isn't worth the money

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
20% faster? According to the video, it takes about one hour to reach 20%, which is the same as what the micro USB achieves, if not less. Any sources on where it's reported to be 20% faster? It still isn't worth the money

Sorry, I mixed up that 20% with 40%. Their claim is 40% faster. And here is their source: Pogo Charger

"This is a pogo charger for Nexus 10. This make a nexus 10 charged 40% faster than a micro usb, so a battery wouldn?t be drained faster than being charged by a micro usb!. It will be available on Amazon and ebay soon for sale. If you want to get a notification when it is available for sale, please leave your email. Thank you."

I am not saying it is proven to be 40% faster, only that that is their claim and that they never claimed it would be twice as fast (100% faster) as you indicate. In theory, it has face validity (meaning it is not an outrageous claim). I don't care how fast it charges, myself, since overnight is overnight to me. For me, I am extremely happy the Nexus 10 has standard USB charging and is compatible with my Anker battery pack and various other cables and chargers, without any proprietary stuff.

As for whether it is worth the money, that depends on each person's use case and expectation. Charge speed is just one factor in the several I mentioned previously:

1) It charges faster than the microUSB spec will allow. (A claim not verified by anyone yet)

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Can you stop your crap and stating things thats not true!
The USB charges around 12% / hour and the pogo charges 20% /hour !
How is that worst than the USB ?
They clam 25% increase over the USB , and its does that if not more!

Do read before you come here talking BS!

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I mixed up that 20% with 40%. Their claim is 40% faster. And here is their source: Pogo Charger

"This is a pogo charger for Nexus 10. This make a nexus 10 charged 40% faster than a micro usb, so a battery wouldn?t be drained faster than being charged by a micro usb!. It will be available on Amazon and ebay soon for sale. If you want to get a notification when it is available for sale, please leave your email. Thank you."

I am not saying it is proven to be 40% faster, only that that is their claim and that they never claimed it would be twice as fast (100% faster) as you indicate. In theory, it has face validity (meaning it is not an outrageous claim). I don't care how fast it charges, myself, since overnight is overnight to me. For me, I am extremely happy the Nexus 10 has standard USB charging and is compatible with my Anker battery pack and various other cables and chargers, without any proprietary stuff.

As for whether it is worth the money, that depends on each person's use case and expectation. Charge speed is just one factor in the several I mentioned previously:

1) It charges faster than the microUSB spec will allow. (A claim not verified by anyone yet)

There was a video on eBay where I ordered my cable and as I was watching the video it was showing 20 % / hour .
The page is not available anymore since eBay pulled the page that's where I get my info .
Whoever ordered the cable were able to see that video.

goodburner

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Can you stop your crap and stating things thats not true!
The USB charges around 12% / hour and the pogo charges 20% /hour !
How is that worst than the USB ?
They clam 25% increase over the USB , and its does that if not more!

Do read before you come here talking BS!

Who is talking crap here? Nexus 10 charging time, with graph - xda-developers

^ The mUSB definitely charges faster than 12%/h. It varies but a lot of people get about 18-20%/h, including myself as I can get the device fully charged in a little over 5 hours. The pogo will make no difference to me at all if it charges at 20%/h, and it looks like it does that, atleast according to the video.

20$ for minor conveniences and 2% faster charge rate /h ? You decide.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac