- 11 Posts
Google Navigation - Offline turn-by-turn operation questions
In a pinch, I would like to use Google Nav on an N10 (not delivered yet).
Has anyone created a route while connected to WiFi and then driven the route while not connected (ie airplane mode)? I've read that you must stay on the route and that you cannot search POI's, re-calculate, get traffic, etc.
If anyone has done a test, I would be interested in what you do get and what the limitations may be - eg: voice turn-by-turn with street name, zoom levels, how much map display on either side of route, dynamic time/distance to destination, speed, resume route after N10 powerdown, limitations on route length, and anything else you noticed. Thanks!
- 12-14-2012, 01:03 PM #2
- 13 Posts
Re: Google Navigation - Offline turn-by-turn operation questions
I have used that function on my Nexus 10 several times.
On every one of the trips, slight deviations were taken (local trips and shortcuts or detours). The Nexus knew where the vehicle was on the unplanned routes, and gave directions from where the vehicle was,
It was used for trips within 20 miles of the starting point, so the maps and routing may have been loaded initialy giving the Nexus the info it needed for the route deviations.
I have not tried looking for hotels, restaurants or what not.
- By rcook55 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 8Last Post: 03-21-2016, 12:34 PM
- By GK3K in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 12Last Post: 12-28-2012, 04:08 PM
- By tjnorman57 in forum T-Mobile HTC Amaze 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 11-16-2011, 09:51 AM
- By jerrykur in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 03-27-2011, 11:40 AM
- By rynoinc in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 12-31-2010, 05:43 PM