Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 10 battery indicator issue

It seems that the battery indicator on my Nexus 10 isn't reading the battery level correctly. It gets stuck on some percentage and then stays there. When I restart, the actual battery level shows. This is pretty annoying as my tablet could just shut down from low battery without my knowledge.

Anyone else having this issue? I haven't tried a factory reset yet because it's a bit annoying to get everything set up again. I wanted to see if anyone else has already tried anything successful first.

Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 10 battery indicator issue

The battery percentage shown on the quick settings pulldown or on some app/widget?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yea, I'm talking about the actual battery indicator in the settings, not any third party apps.

Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan Maleki View Post
    Yea, I'm talking about the actual battery indicator in the settings, not any third party apps.
    Well then no I have never heard of that at all. However it is normal for your battery to show a different percent percentage after a reboot. (But just by a couple percent)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The difference I'm talking about is huge. It will say (for example) 80% until the battery is zero and device shuts off. I don't think I'm alone here. At least a few others are having a similar issue:

Issue 40903 - android - Nexus 10 battery status not updating - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

On my Nx 10 , the battery indicator in the settings app reads the battery life and the length of time since the last charge. These values do not auto update, but at the top right corner of the screen there is a 'refresh' button that will take another snapshot of the current data and display it.

I get the same issue. Hitting the refresh icon doesn't help. Only a restart.

Absolutely, happens to me every time I play Need For Speed. Once I exit, the battery shows incorrectly until reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by ShanMan14 View Post
    Absolutely, happens to me every time I play Need For Speed. Once I exit, the battery shows incorrectly until reboot.
    Yup, it happens during long gaming sessions and long sleep periods

Quote Originally Posted by D Mac View Post
    Well then no I have never heard of that at all. However it is normal for your battery to show a different percent percentage after a reboot. (But just by a couple percent)
    I had my phone once think it was fully charged after a reboot, only to die at 80%.

via Tapatalk

I have the same observation as well. Battery percentage typically refreshes on mine after a restart !!

I have had mine for only a couple of days and I'm having the same exact problem. Aftrer the second full charge I was on the device for several hours and the battery showed 100% until a reboot. Does anyone think we should return them or is it possible google will fix this with software?
    Last edited by Tony Machado; 12-30-2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Just offering my experience.

I had a Nexus 10 which had the same sounding issue. I thought it was a one-off so ignored it the first time. With mine the battery would read at a level say 40% and then suddenly during use the screen would flicker and the device would turn off immediately, I rarely if ever got any battery warnings displayed. I would then plugin the charger and find it registering as no charge at all. When this happened a second time I did a search on the net and found only one forum thread with people reporting the exact same issue, who had sent their tablet back under RMA.

I called google about this and they told me to RMA - I was able to get an advance replacement, which so far has been a huge improvement. I can leave it for days in standby with minimal battery loss. I also have not experience the battery indicator issues any more. It seems there might be a flaw with some batteries. I would suggest you might like to consider RMA with google. I know it is annoying, but the Nexus is a fantastic device, I would not accept one with any defects.

Had no problems with incorrect %number. Though app run times in battery are always like way off. Can be playing a game for like a hour and it will be like saying 30-20 minutes. They really did a poor job at battery monitoring. As long as the % is right Im not to concerned but they should push a update so I can monitor my app drain differences

I'm still having this issue after a factory reset. Seems others are too: https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=40903