How do you like your Nexus 10?

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Well for most of you, you already have your nexus 10. Was wondering how you like them so far? Stock or rooted? Roms that you use? Mine will be here tomorrow and I'm kinda looking for ideas, sense I'm new to android but read up on rooting, should i keep it stock for a while or shall i root it when i get it? Does it void your warranty? Thanks in advance.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Well for most of you, you already have your nexus 10. Was wondering how you like them so far? Stock or rooted? Roms that you use? Mine will be here tomorrow and I'm kinda looking for ideas, sense I'm new to android but read up on rooting, should i keep it stock for a while or shall i root it when i get it? Does it void your warranty? Thanks in advance.

I love mine. Much better than my Tab 2 10.1. I am running it stock rooted with Apex Launcher Pro.

I say keep yours unrooted for a while to decide if you even need to root. Most of the things everyone does, you can do without rooting. There are some apps that require rooting, but you may not have use for them. Custom Roms are nice, but I only use them to get rid of manufacturer ui's. 4.1 is good enough to me that I don't need any of the options that roms tend to offer.

Sent from my Nexus 10

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your post, I have another question. I've been reading that others have had trouble with the 4.2.1 update, should i just wait for the newer release or should I just update it fully?

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I have had is with Chrome freezing. But the Nexus 10 is so fast at rebooting that I don't care. Update.

Sent from another Galaxy... S II

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
It's currently at the UPS warehouse at the next city over (about 15 min drive) and i cant wait for it to get here!!!! Sorry had to tell someone, I'm really excited lol.
Update: I just refreshed the UPS tracking and it just went out for delivery!!!!

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have rooted every single android device I have every owned (7 Devices) but I have left the Nexus 10 stock. I feel like I don't have to really root this thing for what i'm using it for and I have absolutely zero complaints. I have recommend and have help 3 different co-works buy an N10 as well the school I work for is buying 20 and then possibly 30 - 50 more this summer. This once all ipad school is slowly turning Android and I'm smack dab in the middle.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It's currently at the UPS warehouse at the next city over (about 15 min drive) and i cant wait for it to get here!!!! Sorry had to tell someone, I'm really excited lol.
Update: I just refreshed the UPS tracking and it just went out for delivery!!!!

first thing you do even before login in is update to latest software. dont enter your gmail id and password.
just connect to wifi and skip everything. update to latest OS. factory reset and then login when it boots up. will have no issue what so ever.

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
first thing you do even before login in is update to latest software. dont enter your gmail id and password.
just connect to wifi and skip everything. update to latest OS. factory reset and then login when it boots up. will have no issue what so ever.
With that said where do i go to do the factory reset, and if i reset it after updating, wouldn't i have to update again?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
With that said where do i go to do the factory reset, and if i reset it after updating, wouldn't i have to update again?

when you update to latest OS. Nexus 10 will reboot. once you are back up. go to settings-->Backup and reset-->Factory reset

and No you dont need to update again after a factory reset. factory reset will just format user data not the OS.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Loved mine until it started freezing and locking up for no reason,,, I'm not the only one that has had this issue,,,, Google it :)

Anyhow,,, I reluctantly returned mine on the last day of my 15 day return window,,,,, I will purchase another Nexus 10 after Google fixes the problems with it.

If your guna buy a Nexus 10 right now keep a real close eye on your return window and save your receipt.

Cheers
Davyo

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The only problem I have had is with Chrome freezing. But the Nexus 10 is so fast at rebooting that I don't care. Update.

Sent from another Galaxy... S II

I disabled location services and it stopped the random reboots entirely. You don't get the most out oh Google Now without location, do hopefully Google fixes it shortly.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I migrated from a Wi-Fi Xoom and I love the Nexus 10. I've never bothered rooting as I like to rent movies from Play Movies on occasion. The only thing I'm bummed about is having to disable location services to stop the random reboots, and the lack of a folio case that includes a small pocket for adapters, etc.

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
when you update to latest OS. Nexus 10 will reboot. once you are back up. go to settings-->Backup and reset-->Factory reset

and No you dont need to update again after a factory reset. factory reset will just format user data not the OS.
I just got, powed it on, connected to wifi and skipped the other steps but i can't seem to find where to download the latest version

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got, powed it on, connected to wifi and skipped the other steps but i can't seem to find where to download the latest version

settings-->About Tablet-->System Updates-->Check now. it might take a minute or so to show the updates.

before that go to Settings-->About Tablet-->Android version.

if its 4.2.1 you are good to go. just factory reset and login with your account.

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
settings-->About Tablet-->System Updates-->Check now. it might take a minute or so to show the updates.

before that go to Settings-->About Tablet-->Android version.

if its 4.2.1 you are good to go. just factory reset and login with your account.

had to sign in to my google account for it to reconize, it has a buzzing sound now like this [Q] Noise from the display - xda-developers. So mad i was hoping it wouldnt be a defected tablet like ive been hearing about

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the Nexus 10, but after about 10 days of having it and it rebooting and/or freezing at least 4 or 5 times a day sometimes in the middle of watching movies. I had enough! I tried working with Samsung support, who said it was an Android problem and it likely is, but they put me in touch with Google support, which is pretty useless. I talked to I know 4 or 5 different people and all they could suggest to me was a freaking RMA. So, the last time I called and it was suggested I accepted the RMA and shipped it back. The Nexus 10 is a hell of a tablet and I liked the hell out of it. But I am not going to be stuck with a device that reboots all the time. If and when Google fixes this issue I'll reconsider the purchase. Google's customer service really does suck by the way. They have had my returned Nexus 10 back in the warehouse for several days now and I've yet to get a refund.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
As far as tablets go, I went from a 4G Xoom to an N7 and finally decided to get an N10 last week. Now I wonder why I waited so long to get it. Between my N7 and N10 I am set for the next several years for tablets. My favorite feature of the N10 is the beautiful display. No other tablet can touch it. Coming from the Xoom as a full sized tablet the weight was becoming an issue, not so with the N10. It weighs less than most paperback books.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21