Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Screen Protector installation

    Alright, I finally have my Nexus 10 and I had bought Supcase 2's screen protector. I attempted to install it last night and absolutely borked it (ruined the protector entirely). I have one more sheet and want to make sure I install it properly. It's a two-step peel screen protector.. anyone have any tips/suggestions to make sure I can put it on with the least amount of fingerprints/smudges/bubbles? I had a few bubbles in the last attempt that simply would not move out of it with the squeegee.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Screen Protector installation

    Quote Originally Posted by silentagenda View Post
    Alright, I finally have my Nexus 10 and I had bought Supcase 2's screen protector. I attempted to install it last night and absolutely borked it (ruined the protector entirely). I have one more sheet and want to make sure I install it properly. It's a two-step peel screen protector.. anyone have any tips/suggestions to make sure I can put it on with the least amount of fingerprints/smudges/bubbles? I had a few bubbles in the last attempt that simply would not move out of it with the squeegee.
    I installed a screen protector from Skinomi. It's a "wet" application and it applied fairly easy, but I had at least 40 + micro bubbles that would not squeegee out. I contacted Skinomi and they said that it sometimes takes 3-5 days for all to clear up. I doubted them but left it on, and I was really surprised that after 4 days all of the micro bubbles were gone.
    Don't know if yours is the same, but you might want to give it a try and be patient for a few days.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Screen Protector installation

    I use canned air and microfiber cloths. I buy a couple at a time because I'm usually not happy with it the first time around.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Screen Protector installation

    A thin mist of water applied to the freshly cleaned screen, then place the protector on and squeege the excess water and air bubbles out. Best to use a spray mister like an old window clean bottle or such like.
  5. #5  
    KJ
    KJ is offline
    KJ's Avatar

    Posts
    147 Posts

    Default Re: Screen Protector installation

    Quote Originally Posted by silentagenda View Post
    Alright, I finally have my Nexus 10 and I had bought Supcase 2's screen protector. I attempted to install it last night and absolutely borked it (ruined the protector entirely). I have one more sheet and want to make sure I install it properly. It's a two-step peel screen protector.. anyone have any tips/suggestions to make sure I can put it on with the least amount of fingerprints/smudges/bubbles? I had a few bubbles in the last attempt that simply would not move out of it with the squeegee.
    I have gone into Best Buy before and had them install the protector. They have tons of the spray and have done it before...
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Screen Protector installation

    The whole idea of spraying water on my tablet doesn't sit well with me. Any concern of water getting to the internals or jacking up the screen?
  7. #7  
    tony bag o donuts's Avatar
    Resident Ringtone Maker

    Posts
    3,918 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

    Default Re: Screen Protector installation

    Quote Originally Posted by DeZaStR View Post
    The whole idea of spraying water on my tablet doesn't sit well with me. Any concern of water getting to the internals or jacking up the screen?
    never a problem with me.
    as you apply a wet protector, have a microfibre cloth to soak up the excess fluid.
    I just did another video of a wet application but in my sig you can see how to apply a zagg. I have since switched from zagg but principals are the same.
    and wet your fingers.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Screen Protector installation

    I never use water on any devices. Just use a credit card to install a screen protector nice and slow make sure no air bubbles trap under it.
    As a matter of fact my nexus came with a screen protector from the factory like everybody else's
    And I kept that on it ,with a case on my nexus you don't even notice I have a screen protector on
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Screen Protector installation

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyguy#AC View Post
    As a matter of fact my nexus came with a screen protector from the factory like everybody else's
    And I kept that on it ,with a case on my nexus you don't even notice I have a screen protector on
    Huh? My Nexus came in plastic but there was no proper screen protector on it.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Screen Protector installation

    Quote Originally Posted by ShanMan14 View Post
    Huh? My Nexus came in plastic but there was no proper screen protector on it.
    There was a clear film on the screen out of the box and mine was usable so I kept it on it,

Similar Threads

  1. Installed Screen Protector :)
    By ruger141 in forum Google Nexus 7 (2012) Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 10:58 PM
  2. Dry Install Screen Protector?
    By timberga in forum AT&T Galaxy S II
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 09:32 PM
  3. best way to install screen protector?
    By 0pusX in forum Droid X Accessories
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 10:55 AM
  4. Wet install screen protectors.....huge problem
    By BBSeattle in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 01:21 PM
  5. Installed Screen Protector :)
    By in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions