Alright, I finally have my Nexus 10 and I had bought Supcase 2's screen protector. I attempted to install it last night and absolutely borked it (ruined the protector entirely). I have one more sheet and want to make sure I install it properly. It's a two-step peel screen protector.. anyone have any tips/suggestions to make sure I can put it on with the least amount of fingerprints/smudges/bubbles? I had a few bubbles in the last attempt that simply would not move out of it with the squeegee.
    12-18-2012 06:54 AM
    Alright, I finally have my Nexus 10 and I had bought Supcase 2's screen protector. I attempted to install it last night and absolutely borked it (ruined the protector entirely). I have one more sheet and want to make sure I install it properly. It's a two-step peel screen protector.. anyone have any tips/suggestions to make sure I can put it on with the least amount of fingerprints/smudges/bubbles? I had a few bubbles in the last attempt that simply would not move out of it with the squeegee.
    I installed a screen protector from Skinomi. It's a "wet" application and it applied fairly easy, but I had at least 40 + micro bubbles that would not squeegee out. I contacted Skinomi and they said that it sometimes takes 3-5 days for all to clear up. I doubted them but left it on, and I was really surprised that after 4 days all of the micro bubbles were gone.
    Don't know if yours is the same, but you might want to give it a try and be patient for a few days.
    12-18-2012 07:14 AM
    I use canned air and microfiber cloths. I buy a couple at a time because I'm usually not happy with it the first time around.
    12-18-2012 10:30 AM
    A thin mist of water applied to the freshly cleaned screen, then place the protector on and squeege the excess water and air bubbles out. Best to use a spray mister like an old window clean bottle or such like.
    12-18-2012 10:54 AM
    I have gone into Best Buy before and had them install the protector. They have tons of the spray and have done it before...
    12-18-2012 11:02 AM
    The whole idea of spraying water on my tablet doesn't sit well with me. Any concern of water getting to the internals or jacking up the screen?
    12-18-2012 01:57 PM
    The whole idea of spraying water on my tablet doesn't sit well with me. Any concern of water getting to the internals or jacking up the screen?
    never a problem with me.
    as you apply a wet protector, have a microfibre cloth to soak up the excess fluid.
    I just did another video of a wet application but in my sig you can see how to apply a zagg. I have since switched from zagg but principals are the same.
    and wet your fingers.
    12-21-2012 09:56 PM
    I never use water on any devices. Just use a credit card to install a screen protector nice and slow make sure no air bubbles trap under it.
    As a matter of fact my nexus came with a screen protector from the factory like everybody else's
    And I kept that on it ,with a case on my nexus you don't even notice I have a screen protector on
    12-21-2012 10:36 PM
    As a matter of fact my nexus came with a screen protector from the factory like everybody else's
    And I kept that on it ,with a case on my nexus you don't even notice I have a screen protector on
    Huh? My Nexus came in plastic but there was no proper screen protector on it.
    12-22-2012 08:06 AM
    Huh? My Nexus came in plastic but there was no proper screen protector on it.
    There was a clear film on the screen out of the box and mine was usable so I kept it on it,
    12-22-2012 08:09 AM