Screen Protector installation

silentagenda

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I finally have my Nexus 10 and I had bought Supcase 2's screen protector. I attempted to install it last night and absolutely borked it (ruined the protector entirely). I have one more sheet and want to make sure I install it properly. It's a two-step peel screen protector.. anyone have any tips/suggestions to make sure I can put it on with the least amount of fingerprints/smudges/bubbles? I had a few bubbles in the last attempt that simply would not move out of it with the squeegee.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I finally have my Nexus 10 and I had bought Supcase 2's screen protector. I attempted to install it last night and absolutely borked it (ruined the protector entirely). I have one more sheet and want to make sure I install it properly. It's a two-step peel screen protector.. anyone have any tips/suggestions to make sure I can put it on with the least amount of fingerprints/smudges/bubbles? I had a few bubbles in the last attempt that simply would not move out of it with the squeegee.

I installed a screen protector from Skinomi. It's a "wet" application and it applied fairly easy, but I had at least 40 + micro bubbles that would not squeegee out. I contacted Skinomi and they said that it sometimes takes 3-5 days for all to clear up. I doubted them but left it on, and I was really surprised that after 4 days all of the micro bubbles were gone.
Don't know if yours is the same, but you might want to give it a try and be patient for a few days.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I use canned air and microfiber cloths. I buy a couple at a time because I'm usually not happy with it the first time around.

dunxs1

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
A thin mist of water applied to the freshly cleaned screen, then place the protector on and squeege the excess water and air bubbles out. Best to use a spray mister like an old window clean bottle or such like.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

I have gone into Best Buy before and had them install the protector. They have tons of the spray and have done it before...

DeZaStR

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
The whole idea of spraying water on my tablet doesn't sit well with me. Any concern of water getting to the internals or jacking up the screen?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The whole idea of spraying water on my tablet doesn't sit well with me. Any concern of water getting to the internals or jacking up the screen?

never a problem with me.
as you apply a wet protector, have a microfibre cloth to soak up the excess fluid.
I just did another video of a wet application but in my sig you can see how to apply a zagg. I have since switched from zagg but principals are the same.
and wet your fingers.

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I never use water on any devices. Just use a credit card to install a screen protector nice and slow make sure no air bubbles trap under it.
As a matter of fact my nexus came with a screen protector from the factory like everybody else's
And I kept that on it ,with a case on my nexus you don't even notice I have a screen protector on

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
As a matter of fact my nexus came with a screen protector from the factory like everybody else's
And I kept that on it ,with a case on my nexus you don't even notice I have a screen protector on

Huh? My Nexus came in plastic but there was no proper screen protector on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance