Multiple Users on Nexus 10

Brendan31

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Nexus 10 and one of the main reasons was the multi user facolity. Howeverd am trying to set up multiple users. The manual states - Add, modify, or delete users go to Settings > Devices > Users. However when I try this there is no option for User. The last item listed under device is Apps.

Can you tell me how I go about adding multiple users.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
its under settings-->Users

add user will be on the top.

Edit: FYI:update your OS to 4.2.1. it was not enabled initially. the update will enable it.

julesvern97

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. There is no option for "users" in settings or anywhere that I can see in my new Nexus 10 (has 4.2). It ends with Apps, and does not show users. I've been searching everywhere to figure out the issue, and have not found any help. Does anyone know what needs to happen to get multiple users (beyond factory reset)?

julesvern97

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
How do you update the OS to 4.2.1? I check for updates and it says "system up to date" -- however, it's sitting at 4.2. Is this just a matter of waiting for a bit for it to be available for my tablet?

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to go into settings, go down to and select 'about tablet' and a menu should come up with a system update option. You need a wifi connection to check and update. Then to add users, select 'users', an option of 'add user' should appear on the top right of the screen.

Andrew Suthanah

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

I had exactly the same issue on a nexus 10 ie, no user option on 4.2 but system stated that it was up to date.

I just left it a while and the 4.2.1 update popped up, now all worked fine and the add user process worked