- 5 Posts
Homemade Car Mount for Nexus 10
Here's a homemade mount for the Nexus 10. I use mine for writing, and spend a lot of time sitting in my car as a roadside vendor, so I came up with two ways to mount my Nexus 10 depending on which side of the car is best for me to sit that day.
Here's a small gallery of pictures that pretty well explain how I made the mount.
The other item is a lap tray to hold the keyboard. I made it wide so I could sit relaxed and still have the keyboard secure in my lap.
That's an iHome Bluetooth keyboard I found at WalMart. It works fine but may be a bit too small for me. In any case, the lap tray will fit a larger keyboard if I can find one.
Everything is made from 3/16" plywood from scraps I had on hand. The lap tray is covered both sides with shelf liner for a nonslip surface.
The last picture shows my carrying case. It's another WalMart item, offered as a case for a 12" laptop, $12. Has a zippered pocket that fits the keyboard too.
- 12-20-2012, 09:21 AM #2
- 12-20-2012, 10:19 AM #3
Re: Homemade Car Mount for Nexus 10
I have this one:
RAM Mount Tab-Tite Large Tablet Suction Cup Mount RAM-B-166-TAB8U
It works excellent. Even works with my case on my N10. This is a very stable mount that works in portrait or landscape. I use it in my 4 wheel drive truck with of road suspension and it stays solidly mounted.Tim
- 12-21-2012, 03:25 PM #4
- 12-21-2012, 09:40 PM #5
- 12-22-2012, 10:06 PM #6
- By dmfaber1 in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 12Last Post: 07-19-2011, 03:25 PM
- By MRGQ in forum Nexus S AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 01-10-2011, 09:40 PM
- By alexsupertramp#AC in forum Incredible AccessoriesReplies: 9Last Post: 08-23-2010, 04:06 PM
- By bdarknessb in forum EVO AccessoriesReplies: 11Last Post: 05-19-2010, 07:32 PM
- By pearlmikejam in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 0Last Post: 12-29-2009, 11:15 AM