E-book reader

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm considering getting a nexus 10. I'm curious about how well this works as an e-book reader. Does the Nexus have an app that allows you to manage e-books and organize them?

I currently have several nook books but I'd be willing to convert them to another format if I can find an app that suits my needs.

ceyers50

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hold on to your Nook. I love my Nexus 10, but wouldn't want to have to read on it after using Kindles for 3+ years. For magazines, yes! E-ink can't be beat for the ultimate reading experience...yet!

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Sure, but I don't think any of those allow you to organize your library through the app do they?

Could you specify what you mean by this? As far as reading on the screen goes, I have read quite a few books on it and love it. I had one of the first generation kindles and really liked it (especially in sunlight) but I have really enjoyed reading on the nexus as well. And as ceyers50 said, you can't beat it for magazines.

Krogenar

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
It works very well as an e-reader. I used to have a Nook Color, then switched to a Nexus 10. If you use Calibre to manage your ebooks (you should) you can purchase the Calibre Companion app and the Moon+ Reader app and you will be set. Organize your books via Calibre (software on your PC) and then start Calibre's content server. Then, using Calibre Companion app you can connect to your PC and download books to the Moon+ reader. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but it works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae